Whether you believe in the supernatural or not…sometimes things are just downright spooky. The popular re-enactment series, Paranormal Survivor, delivers some terrifying real-life encounters with ghosts, poltergeists and demons.

Actress Drea King steps into this world, in an all-new episode, bringing a mysterious situation to life.

Drea has taken her talents across international borders, including North America and the U.K. She’s appeared in numerous award-winning project, including the indie film A New Design; the feature film and web series Almost A Turkish Soap Opera; and many others with screenings at the Marche de Cannes, Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner, Sarasota Florida, Bahamas International, Sacramento California, and Victoria BC Film Festivals.

Drea has studied in Canada at the University of Ottawa, and in the U.K. at The Actor’s Temple and the London Academy of Dramatic Arts, in addition to ballet at the Royal Academy of Dance.

I recently caught up with Drea King to find out more.

What can you tell us about your role in Paranormal Survivor?

DREA KING: I joined for the episode “Bringing In Evil” as ‘Nancy,’ who experiences harrowing confrontations with spirits in this dramatic recreation.

Did you feel any responsibility to ‘get it right’ because it’s based on a real situation?

DK: I feel a great amount of responsibility in performing in any true story. Families featured in such stories take the time to not only delve into their experiences but also share with us their own vulnerability and struggles in these life circumstances. When it airs the whole family and relatives could be watching, so I definitely want to capture those moments in my performances.

Any spooky stories from the set you can share with us?

DK: I and other cast members were wondering if there was going to be anything spooky happen during the evening as we were filming out in a small country town and you just never know. Lucky for us, the paranormal decided not to visit.

Do you believe in the supernatural?

DK: Yes, I do actually believe in the supernatural. I was visiting my parents’ house after college and they had gone out for the night. I turned off the TV and was walking to the kitchen. My parents have this lovely white and orange striped cat named 'Gumdrop’. He was following me as I was walking and he never did that. I thought, hmmm that’s odd. As I got into the kitchen, the TV turned on in the living room, but not on a channel - on that white hissing screen noise. And I almost jumped out of my skin. As I looked back into the living room, I noticed the cat was still beside my feet. So there was no way that the TV turned on by itself as there was no one in the living room at all. Then, as I walked back in to turn the TV off - I heard something in the basement downstairs. As I slowly crept towards the stairs, Gumdrop hissed and lowered itself into a fighting position - nails out ready to pounce. I was totally freaked out and ended up spending the rest of the night with my bedroom door locked and the light turned on till my family arrived back home. I still cannot explain what happened, but I can tell you I was completely frightened.

What’s been the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?

DK: That being part of the filming process is so incredibly detailed and collaborative. There are many talented people involved behind the scenes that make this all happen so swiftly and seamlessly.

Got anything else coming up we can watch for the near future?

DK: I am in the sci-fi feature film called Gray Matter, directed and written by Greg A. Sager. And yesterday I just wrapped another lovely film.

Fans can find out more about Drea King at: www.dreaking.com
0 Comments
Comments
Submit
There are no comments yet. Be the first by writing down your thoughts above.
Follow this Topic
Members