A good mystery often makes the best entertainment. Enter the new CBS All Access original series One Dollar, which offers a truly mysterious, interconnected set-up: one town, one dollar, multiple murders.

Actress Maya Sayre helps kick-off this unsolved thriller recurring as Heidi, who is one of the first to come into contact with the buck in question.

This probably isn’t the first time you’ve seen Maya. Her credits include George Clooney’s Oscar-nominated The Ides of March, the celebrated indie comedy feature The Yank, Hallmark Channel’s holiday rom-com The Christmas Spirit and two seasons of the acclaimed sci-fi digital series, Aidan 5.

I recently caught up with Maya Sayre to find out more about the mysterious One Dollar.

What can you tell us about your role in One Dollar?

MAYA: Heidi is one of those people who sees the world through rose-colored glasses. Because of this, she can seem a bit naive at times, and we see that in the way she interacts with some key players in the show. She's one of the first people handling the dollar bill, which sets up for an awkward exchange to Garrett, played by Philip Ettinger.

Since this is a mystery, were you told about the entire storyline or only about your character?

MAYA: I was given scripts for the episodes I was working on, but nothing else. I'm so intrigued! I have a few theories about what happens, but I'll be in suspense toward the end and watching along with everyone else!

('One Dollar' photo: Patrick Harbron / CBS)

Any interesting stories from the set you can share with us?

MAYA: We shot the series in Pittsburgh. When we shot in March, the art department had to put fake leaves on the trees and it was snowing. When I came back a few weeks later in April, it was green, 80 degrees and humid! I was so impressed with the crew and how they handled all the weather-related hurdles.

What’s been the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?

MAYA: Coffee is your best friend for night shoots, and always be open to possibilities. I got this audition through my agent in the Midwest who represented me for years before I moved out to LA. Being available to work outside of my current market has really been the key for me, and I can't be more thankful to everyone who helped me along the way.

Got anything else coming up we can watch for the near future?

MAYA: I have a feature which just gained distribution overseas and it will be coming to a streaming service soon -- that's all I can give away, right now. I have a short film that's heading to festivals, I'm always reading new roles looking for the next big opportunity, and singing as much as possible.

Thanks, Maya -- and keep the mystery coming!
Keep up with Maya Sayre at: www.MayaSayre.com
Instagram: @MayaSayre
Twitter: @MayaSayre
FB:
@mayasayreactress

1 Comment
Comments (1)
Submit
Sep 13, 2018
I have a theory, as they have referenced Moriarty a couple times this season, After all, she has eluded her prison. I think Moriarty may have killed him (t,as they would not have brought her in without reason. I am not sure if Natalie Dormer has time to come back to finish her character, but it would be awesome. A great way to add spice to the finale.

see for more news plz click here..........................https://bit.ly/2KDQNJl
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members