Sometimes, well actually a lot of the time, TV shows don’t make it passed their freshman season. Even ones that have a bankable name and executive producer at the helm can get axed. That seems to be the case for ABC’s Alex, Inc.

But, that doesn’t mean that there weren’t some stand-outs during the show. One I believe worth mentioning is actress Nadege August. She popped in a couple times during the season as the serious Ad Exec that Alex was forced to meet with about his podcast.

Nadege can also be seen in her own comedy web series, Bougie Dilemma, currently streaming on Amazon; and she stars as a Detective in the new indie sci-fi feature film Out of Time which heads to the Cannes Film Market this month.

Previously, Nadege appeared in Sony’s The Brothers starring Shemar Moore and Morris Chestnut, and Gary Marshall’s sequel The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement; and the TV shows Criminal Minds, Happy Endings, Castle, The Unit, ER and Aaron Spelling’s Silver Lake. She has also earned two NAACP Theatre Award nominations for her stage roles in Desire Under the Elms and Sunset Baby.

I recently caught up with Nadege August to find out about her role in Alex, Inc. and more.

What can you tell us about your role in ABC’s Alex, Inc.?

NADEGE: I play Rebecca, a no-nonsense, tough as nails, humorless advertising executive to whom Alex (Zach Braff) pitches his podcast to.

How was it working on this new comedy series?

NADEGE: It was exciting to say the least. Rebecca, my character, was first introduced in "The Wax Museum” episode which followed the pilot. The pilot, from what I understand, was shot in New York. They now shoot in Los Angeles. The same cast and crew was present, and was I not privy to this information, I would have assumed they've been at it for a while. I was a guest in a very welcoming family that embraced me. It is an ensemble. Zach Braff directed the second episode I appear in and goodness, the man left me wanting to have him direct me again and again.

(photo courtesy ABC/photographer: Mitch Haaseth)

Any interesting stories from the set you can share with us?

NADEGE: I was thrilled to meet and work with Michael Imperioli and Zach Braff. Michael and I had a lively discussion about "The Theatre" while waiting for shots to be set up. I was in rehearsals for "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" a play at Antaeus, a very respected theatre company in Los Angeles, at the time. We both got our start on the stages of New York City. He knew the play well and he used to run a theatre company where they focused on new works. Interesting fact about him, he (Michael Imperioli) does NOT do any social media. I was both floored and impressed by that.

How do you feel about the diversity represented in the cast and what do you hope audiences take away from this?

NADEGE: The cast truly represents the United States I know and love! The characters are fully dimensional and simply happen to be persons of color. Audiences will, hopefully, connect with the humanity, identify with the story and root for the characters. It's a funny show!

What’s been the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?

NADEGE: My biggest take away is to take chances as the character. If it doesn't work they'll tell you and if it does, they'll keep it and have you do it again.

Got anything else coming up we can watch for the near future?

NADEGE: At this time, I headline in an indie sci-fi film "Out of Time" which heads to the Cannes Film Market in a few weeks.

Connect/Follow Nadege August on Twitter: @NadegeAugust and Instagram: @bougiedilemma
0 Comments
Comments
Submit
There are no comments yet. Be the first by writing down your thoughts above.
Follow this Topic
Members