Well there has been a lot of activity so far on The Blowies Poll, so here is an update on some of the leaders and some of the tighter races. The poll will close after this weekend so there is still a lot of time for things to change -

In the Worst miniseries/event series or “Special” poll, The Sound of Music Special is an early leader, but Under the Dome and The Lady Gaga/Muppets special are catching up.

Worst Drama is being dominated By Under the Dome (which some people have pointed out should not be in the category as its Sci-fi/Fantasy - but members nominated it for this category) and for some reason Homeland and Dexter are really lagging behind here.

Worst Comedy is being led by Dads, but Sean Saves the World and Super Fun Night are gaining support.

Worst Sci-Fi/Fantasy is Under the Dome's bitch!. Its not even close, Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is 2nd so far.

Worst New Show is actually a tight race right now between Under the Dome and Dads.

Worst Season is also a tight race, this time between Under the Dome and Dexter. However How I Met Your Mother is rallying support after a weak start.

In one of the bigger categories, Character That Complains Too Much, the vote is split, with Elena Gilbert (TVD) and Laurel Lance (Arrow) gaining support on current leaders Dana Brody (Homeland) and Junior (Under the Dome)

Worst /Completely Unnecessary Flashback has a surprise leader right now, with HIMYM's rhyming episode leading the 2 Governor centric Walking Dead episodes, so as Dr Seuss once said -
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."

The 2nd biggest category, Character We Dislike That We Are Supposed To Love has a lot of activity. Whats surprising is that Laurel Lance (Arrow) is beating pre poll favorite Sheriff Linda (Under the Dome), in fact Henry (OUAT), Dana Brody (Homeland) and Elena Gilbert are all beating Sheriff Lin-Duh!

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is the early favorite in the Most Fake Action Sequences poll, but Dexter, Revolution and S.H.I.E.L.D. have started to pick up support.

Worst Leading Male (Sci-Fi/Supernatural) is a tight race with 3 characters from Under the Dome splitting the vote, Stephen Moyer(True Blodo), Robbie Amell (Tomorrow People) and Zak Orth (Revolution) are creeping up.

Katie Cassidy (Arrow) is narrowly behind Natalie Martinez (Under the Dome) in the Worst Leading Female (Sci-Fi/Supernatural)

The biggest category - Character You Would Like To See Die - has a lot of votes. Support for early leader, Junior (Under the Dome) is waning while support for Laurel Lance (Arrow), Henry (Once Upon A Time) Dana Brody (Homeland) and Dexter Morgan (Dexter) is increasing.

Worst Leading Male (Drama) has Mike Vogel (Under the Dome) leading 3 other nominee's by roughly 30 votes.

In the Worst Reality category, Keeping Up With the Kardashians is currently beating Honey Boo Boo, which is surprising to me. If Honey Boo Boo is not stopped while she is young, there is no limit to the misery she can inflict on us!

To view the entire poll CLICK HERE! and don't forget, voting will end this Sunday.
Comments (121)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Can't wait to see the final results, but so far the ones I voted for (sometimes multiples in the same category) are leading. It's hard when there has been a lot of bad stuff on TV in 2013 (along with some great stuff!).
Flag
I think this year has been worse than last year overall, or that is my feeling. I hope is not a trend! :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Also post your complete ballot here
Flag
The Best of 2013 has banner links on the homepage and News page

or you can use this link
Flag
so basically all the categories are circling around the same group of 5-6 shows... That's seems legit.
Flag
Flag
Yes, I guess it would have to be shows that a lot of people have actually seen, but they turned out not to be so good for them. That cannot be that many shows. But in some categories we have also nominated shows we like in aspects we don't like (for example, Arrow). I don't need to agree with every nomination or votes to see that this kind of makes sense.
Flag
All the nominations were tallied from the candidates given Here, the top 10 nominations made it to the final poll for each category
Flag
himym, arrow and tvpd are good shows, but i agree, the writers made some of the characters anoying as hell. and if once upon a time went for a more 18+ series, it would be AWESOME. at least a chunk less family friendly
Flag
I personally find that AHS is like OUAT but for adults (a lot less family friendly)
Flag
But could the same be said for OUATIW, or is it too CGI heavy?
Flag
i think its too heavy with bad CGI, so is OUAT, if it was shot on locations, it would be sooo good
Flag
OuaTiW is far below Arrow's level. Arrow may be intended for teenagers, but OuaTiW is mainly for children. The terrible CGI is a problem, but it's not the only one. The story is pretty weak, and the main villain is very bad.

Flag
i think arrow is one of the best new shows, like, i enjoy the story 10 times over the story from agents of shield as an example
Flag
I like Arrow and watch TVD, but only got through 5 minutes of OUATIW - and I only remember 2 things about it, Michael Socha (from Being Human) and how bad the CGI was.
Flag
yeah, save the money for better SCI for OUAT
Flag
OUATIW, I did watch most of the first episode, and I am a regular fantasy viewer too. I couldn't understand what could possess anyone to watch this.
Flag
I think under the dome knew it was shit,it was soo bad that i found it entertaining.
Flag
Personally, I'm fine with people enjoying the very bad shows as some kind of joke - Unfortunately, I don't have the capacity to enjoy this kind of situations. Very often I wish I could.
Flag
PersonallyI think it was the worst at everything,which ironically made it the best at something.
Flag
I find it amazing that any show can be considered worse tha Super Fun Night. SFN is the most unfunny piece of rubbish I have ever seen.
Flag
Worst comedy ever,
Flag
kinda think you're all being a little judgmental.

These shows take a lot of time and effort to make. I say go spend a year as a writer on a show and see how much sleep and days off you get. now imagine that over 5 or 6 years. eventually you tire.

Also most of us are just ordinary folk, just IT workers, Retail assistants, maybe some of us CEOs of companies.
We don't like people criticizing our work, so don't criticize these actors and creators.
they bust their balls to bring us this stuff, how about a little bit of appreciation.
I say Good job to all staff at these production companies and TV stations (especially HBO) without you 95% of the world wouldn't have heard of game of thrones.

Take a moment to remember that what you're doing is a form of bullying, Claire Daines could be a regular reader of TV.com. yet here you all are writing post about how shit an actor she is. just remember, these people are real.

Flag
I'm not a fan of "I hate this person" posts either, but it would be pointless to discuss TV shows if only positive comments are allowed.
Flag
Flag
Yes please, when somebody on tv does something wrong, let's encourage them - let's get all the crap we can get. Poor people. I'm pretty sure they are all home crying because of me. From now on, I will just swallow whatever tv networks decide that I have to watch and don't even go to pee during advertising. I'll swallow as much of that as I can too, cause really, otherwise, how are those poor people going to live? they might end up having to find a real job like me or like many actors that never get a chance. Booooo!
Flag
you think being a part of a TV show is not a real job? tell that to A 1st Assistant Director.....
Flag
BULLYING---the new "in" word to use in every instance when you disagree with something. Apparently "bullying" is the new way to misuse a word when you disagree with something. Please look up the term bullying. It sounds like you have never been bullied and I can tell you from experience of being bullied that this is not bullying.

what is wrong with giving opinions (you say judgmental)? They can take this as constructive criticism and read the comments to see why so many people are disappointed in a show/character. Feedback should be appreciated so they can adapt/change and improve the writing/character/show unless they are just looking for a quick buck and not worried about quality. Typically one voice here represents at least 10 other people's opinions so they should thank us for the feedback. Also it was don't in a fairly lighthearted and humorous manner without personal attack (at least most of the comments).

I take it you have also contacted the official RAZZIES or Rassie which is a real award similar to what we are doing here, to express your criticism. Kind of ironic to "bully" someone about "bullying" when this information can be used to improve the quality of the show/character/etc...

No one like criticism but it is essential to for continued improvement. I take it you never fill out feedback cards at various restaurants, shops, auto-repair shops, etc. For a business to thrive feedback is essential. This poll is harmless and people who put themselves in the public eye really need to develop thick skin or find another job if they can only handle "nice" or "false praise".

Do you write all the critics of shows and movies (there word likely means more to the industry then ours)? If you don't then something is wrong and we are being singled out for bullying. If you do then that must be a full time job.

Being a cynic, I see your id was created this year. Earlier there was a similar post by another user who seemed to post a comment like yours just to insight a fight (looking for a reason to get offended)...hmm, I wonder if this is the same person with a new id.

40 hours a week---LOL! SLACKERS! I would love to just work 40 hours a week. Shit pay (academics; not the private sector), huge debt from student loans, and so much more...unlike the ones you mention some of whom get lots of time off if they want, free clothes, parties, tons of money and often have frivolous demands that are met. Some think they are better then everyone and expect special treatment (not all but some). No I don't feel sorry for actors/actresses/writers/etc....they chose their job and can find a different job if they can handle the public scrutiny. Also, I am not in the public eye but we get constant feedback. Sometimes it hurts but then I use it to see where I and the practice can improve.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH--yay--if someone thinks a particular actor or actress is not good at their job then they have the right to express that opinion and it is not bullying (the new "in" term which is now misused). STOP BULLYING THIS POST. You are entitled to your opinion but it may of been better to say that it seems like bullying in your opinion.

I take it you also take offense with anyone who doesn't praise a reviewer on this site.

I think people in general need to grow thicker skin and stop looking for reasons to be offended (sometimes it seems like people just want to be offended). I wish people would stop being so overly sensitive.

Thankfully the 1st amendment allows you to have to express your views and I am allowed to disagree with them.
More +
Flag
Kinda think you are being a bit naive

Do you really think spending a year as a tv writer would be bad? Tell you what, you spend a year as an underpaid nurse, or a teacher, or a cop or any other job where you get abused daily for shitty pay, little time off and concerns bigger than "I hope my show doesn't get cancelled" - now imagine that as your vocation, not just for 5-6 years, but a vocation.
Or a retail assistant (as you mentioned it), who has to do mind numbing work for shitty pay, get abuse from the general public BUT HAS TO WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK EVERY WEEK to get by, they dont have the luxury of being able to take months off at a time between jobs, living off a large salary.

Lots of writers never make it for numerous reasons, and those that do make it have a comfortable living. So if your argument that a well paid writer doesn't deserve the same scrutiny at their job that a low paid manual worker gets at theirs, you are way off the mark.

Of course no one likes criticism.

I would remind you that any job is evaluated, if only the positives are noted there is never any improvement and mistakes are repeated.
TV makes its money from viewers, so we are their customer base.
If a product needs improvement, companies do market research.
I hope Clare Danes is a regular tv.com user and read these posts, hopefully it will improve her performance.
And considering she is also a producer on Homeland, she could avoid the awful plot lines they inflicted on the audience this season

I am fully aware that these are real people and their chosen profession is to entertain the public, and so they open themselves up to critique. I am also fully aware of the amount of money these real people make from their chosen profession.

I assume by your post that you have no problems with ANY performances, plot twists or character direction this year.

You'll notice there are a lot of shows and actors missing from the polls - because their performances were good - and to them we all say "Well done and thank you".

But choosing to gloss over the bad things is a mistake, because if they are not highlighted, they become the status quo.

Outside of a remark I made about Clare Danes coming across as arrogant in her acceptance speeches, all criticisms have been about her portrayal in a role.
No remarks about her personal life, family, political views or any other personal facet of Ms Danes life have been mentioned, so your accusations of bullying are out of place.
Performances are being judged and the bad stuff is being highlighted - if you don't like, don't participate.
Ignore this poll, all the comments and nominations - as you have chosen to ignore or reward all the bad performances, plot twists, bad writing and poor executive decisions made on TV this year.

More +
Flag
well you given me a lot to process here. the main point that i have gleaned from you overly padded post was, Ms Dane is an award winning actress and you are not. :p
Flag
you are so incredibly ignorant I can't even begin to reply to your post.
Flag
Exactly how is anything I said ignorant or even untrue?
Flag
may be you should quit nursing and become a writer, from your post above, I see that you have researched the occupation thoroughly.
Flag
you are suggesting that TV writers don't have families, don't have problems (financial, life, otherwise) like everybody else. You are suggesting that TV writers is a lesser occupation than nurses, cops, etc.

They are not any less deserving than anyone that works in any of the occupations that you listed. Like any other occupation, you HAVE to put a lot of hard work into it and you HAVE to be talented to succeed at it.
Flag
Komboloi: Where exactly did you find a disgusting comment in that post?
Flag
Flag
"...and for some reason Homeland and Dexter are really lagging behind here."

I don't know if you're really wondering about the reason, or if you're suggesting that the reason is obvious. I hope it's the latter, because to say that Homeland is the worst drama on TV makes as much sense as saying that Moscow is the smallest city in the world. It may not be the biggest, but anyone can see that it's not the smallest.
Flag
I shall make my sarcastic comments less subtle from now on
Flag
Laurel Lance (Arrow) is so annoying! Her sister- so much better!
Flag
I really do like her sister, she's even better than Catherine's from Beauty and the Beast.
Flag
completely agree!
Flag
yep, the sister is fine - don't know if she is great, but in comparison, she looks like a very bright star anyways
Flag
The Lady Gaga/Muppets special was kinda bad, if only because it was half Christmas special, half ARTPOP commercial. And Sweet Georgia Brown, I am sick to death of hearing "Applause" at this point.
Flag
Flag
"Alternatively, how fucking bad WAS UTD?"

Look at it this way. I'm the editor of it, and I don't like it. Except for the "Plan 9"-style goofiness. :)

Nobody else wanted to submit enough to it to become editor instead.
Flag
And that's the key to UtD. It's the TV series Ed Wood of Plan 9 always wanted to make if he had a bigger budget and rights to a Stephen King novel.

The only thing lacking from UtD were angora sweaters.
Flag
my brothers do very cool home movies with their children's toys - one has to wonder how come they are not being bought by any US network, really... I would watch them!
Flag
And Ed Wood's shrink after Lugosi died.

Thanks for the perspective, Gislef. I'm guessing it was a one off. My loss!
Flag
You're right. At least Dexter HAS to be acknowledged in some form for its awful season. One blowie for Dexter and all the rest can go to UtD, fine with me. But if UtD wins all the "trophies" and Dexter dodges all the bullets... well that would be not cool!
Flag
Are you saying you want to give Dexter a Blowie right now?

Yes...first blowjob joke on the new thread...off to do a lap of honor
Flag
1st cock joke!!!
Flag
There's no need to be crass.
Flag
"Alternatively, how fucking bad WAS UTD? "

Really, really bad.
Flag
UTD has a LOAD of boring/stupid sub plots, and a whole town of what could generously be described as fuckwits and fraggles - in Dexter at least Deb could swear, and Homeland never appealed to me, because unlike the EMMY award deciders, I dont believe Clare Danes making a face like she is shitting herself with tears in her eyes deserves a fucking Emmy (see examples A and B below)

Flag
I dont believe Clare Danes making a face like she is shitting herself with tears in her eyes deserves a fucking Emmy

For reasons new and old (your polls and letting me know about your polls), you are my hero.

That is funny in ways that Hallelujah of TWOP wouldn't understand in a million, billion years.

Damn I missed my chance at Super Kvetching with UTD!
Flag
Is there something like anti-respect? If so, that's what I have for Claire Danes.
Flag
And her fucking acceptance speeches define arrogance
Flag
I'm a masochist so I hope there is some footage of it on youtube.
Flag
Honestly I don't know who is worst Elena or Laurel.
Flag
The fact that The Sound of Music took an early lead must be because it had just aired and Under the Dome is being surpessed by lots of us.
Flag
This is going great! About Dexter, I'm happy to see that, in the end, all the outrageous hate that was felt during the last weeks of airing, is disolved in this poll in front of other more terrible tv things. I am also happy that Dexter is going up in the "character you wuold like to see die" poll, because hey, hate or not hate, he should be dead :)

I'm also surprised on how little we like Laurel Lance - it is one of those things where I thought it was just me. Not feeling so bad about it now LOL

Flag
If Honey Boo Boo is not stopped, she'll probably eventually become a Kardashian. But if I'm going to be serious for a minute, Kardashians, while awful, are full of people who are in it on purpose. Honey Boo Boo is documented child exploitation - human trafficking, really - and it's not only a horrible commentary on the civilization who watches, it's basically evidence for a future trial where all the profiteers should earn life sentences.
Flag
I admire your optimism!
But most likely that trial will be used to launch another reality program like " Honey Boo Boo's revenge" or something.
There is no bottom. No taste. No reason. Don't be surprised when Honey Boo Boo becomes the first female POTUS.
Flag
The fact that The Kardashians are beating Honey Boo Boo tells me that tv.com users hate Hobbits -

Flag
Flag
I love Dexter, LOVE Dexter. That being said after Dr. Vogel died in the final season it took a turn from good to just bad.
It was one of the worst finales of a show I have seen in a long time.
I was so disappointed as it was one of my favorite shows.
Went from being the best show to the worst.
Seems like they really didn't even try.
Flag
Flag
there is a category for worst season finale! Dexter got my vote in that category.
Flag
The fact that Showtime interferred and wouldn't let them kill Dexter off was probably a factor
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members