Hey gang! As you see I am doing another Post on Television's best. Please give it a HEART if you enjoy reading it. It always helps to get similar topics promoted as well as favor to other articles written by the author.

Shall we begin?

A Title Sequence is simply a few seconds to a half a minute of introduction with the show's title (I know, DUH!). But TV does it in a couple of different ways. Back in the day, a series had a lengthier bits including a recognizable theme and a cast introduction. Like Star Trek, for example. Some of my current favorites that still do that are Sleepy Hollow and NCIS. A trend that appeared with L O S T and others about 10 years ago, was a Title Sequence that are really nothing more than a very cool smash cut. Just like The Blacklist incorporated and Supernatural does with a new version for every season. The cast is then introduced during the episode proper.

Listing these clips of perfection would not do them justice, so I spent a good deal of time editing a video of my favorites. Some are iconic, some have catchy themes, and some like Supernatural are just awesome. I ask for 3 and 1/2 minutes of your time to give it a watch, if nothing else but for the 9 seasons of Supernatural smash cut Title Sequences I compiled. Even on a rewatch, I can't help but think they are each and every one just the coolest.

And just as an aside, which are your favorite Supernatural Title sequences? You have all 9 to choose from. Personally I am going with the bloody credits of the amazing season 5, the shattering glass of Season 6 and this season's burning angel's wings.

poll

So, what are your best Television Title Sequences? List them by themselves if you must, but if at all possible include a clip if you can find one. Feel free to PM me if you need to know how to embed a video clip. YouTube has more than you may think. Easy Peasy. And check back - I will do a poll when I get your suggestions and WE will determine together Television's Best!

As always, I am eager for y'all to show me the error of my picks and amaze me with you own!

- Edshinker

HERE is the Poll based upon all the responses I could fit on the page:

Television's Best Title Sequences (POLL)

277 Comments
Comments (277)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 23, 2014
Twin Peaks
American Horror Story Coven
M.A.S.H.
The Simpsons
Dollhouse
Hannibal
X-Files

Short version. I Have to go to work.
Flag
May 23, 2014
All of these except MASH got some mention. NIce contribution - MASH has the best theme.
Flag
May 18, 2014
I think I just went through every comment and I was surprised that this was not present. My favorite of the 80s.

Flag
May 17, 2014
Fringe

The show had awesome intros which marked where and when the episode was taking place.
I'd list them all separately but that would be an entire article so instead, here's a great edit of every intro throughout its 5 seasons.

2 Universes
2 Flashback episodes
1 Flashforward episode
A whole season (S4) in a new timeline
and the final season based in a dystopian Observer-ruled future.

I seriously can't pick a favourite! Can you?
Poll

Flag
May 17, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I wanted to include this but I ran out of room on my post. The alt universe back anbd forth was such an awesome idea. Loved the retro too!
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yes! They were so good. Because I binge-watched the first 3 seasons and had no idea when or if they were going to introduce any altverse characters. When they first used the RED intro it in the S2 finale after that altverse cold open - I was like WHUUUUT??? Charlie is alive and Olivia dyed her hair. And why is Broyles in a tight T-shirt? Who is this handsome newcomer? What's going on??? Then the camera pans to our Olivia and Walter hiding behind the balcony (with the Cortexikids) and Olivia having the same facial expression as me at watching her sassy double. Then the music starts going nuts and suddenly there's a blimp in the sky and the RED intro begins. MIND BLOWN!!!

You have no idea how many times I wrote that original comment with the video. And the first version had all of the intro vids separately. Then each time, my comment got shorter and shorter. The longer I had the page open, the worse it got. So I had to make my last attempt a super quick one. Thank the internet overlords and the person who made this supercut or I would've been constructing that comment forever.

P.S. At least I can reply to you now by clicking via notifications.
More +
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yeah - it really has been glitchy. I think it is totally fixed now.

Love how Anna Torv made those characters so different. Olivia really didn't smile much. Bolivia was so sassy and smily and funny ...and so sexy. Actually, the older Bolivia in the finale is the most beautiful of them all. We referred to her as the MILF Bolivia.

We really should rewatch, babe. I miss it so much.
Flag
May 17, 2014
My favorite for now is "Teen Wolf",

Battlestar of course.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Can you find a clip of that title sequence? YOu and a few others have mentioned it.
Yeah BSG was pretty cool...but I think I liked it just because I had so much anticipation for the next episode
Flag
May 18, 2014
Sure, clip for Teen Wolf's or Battlestars?
Flag
May 18, 2014
Teen Wolf
Flag
May 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aTiSZZgzQ
Flag
May 18, 2014
I have that on my YouTube account. Give me 15 minutes, I will paste it in.
Flag
May 17, 2014
From the current ones I especially like:

DaVinci's Demons - never watched the series, only the credits but they are awesome. *g*
Game of Thrones
Person of Interest
Good Wife - not so much the credit pictures, but how they are embedded within the episode (the music changes resp. flows from the episode proper into the opening credits).

Older series:

West Wing
MacGyver
Battlestar Galactica (the new version)
Babylon 5 - I liked how the credits changed with the series.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Hope you voted in the poll! I think GoT is going to blow them all away.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Hi Ed, love this post. Here're some others that came to mind.

The Boondocks

The Simpsons
- sure we've forgotten all about it but the credits are still amongst the best.
Baccano! - I watched this spectacular anime recently and the credits are some of the best ever.

Deadwood

Kroll Show - for taking it to the next level.

Six Feet Under - possibly the best ever. Lots of HBO shows could go in this list, e.g. True Blood is also pretty great.

Flag
May 17, 2014
Angel, The X Files, Fringe (all of them, they were just so interactive and meticulously done and the story behind the sequences is pretty cool), NCIS:LA (season 4 especially), Criminal Minds & CM: Suspect Behavior, Elementary, Friends (classic). And that is all I can think up right now...
Flag
May 17, 2014
OH! Tru Calling had a great little intro and so did Dollhouse.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yes! Dollhouse. Mmm. Eliza.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I've always been partial to the Pretty Little Liars opening. The song almost sounds like a lullaby, but it obviously has a seriously dark undertone and the lyrics match the series perfectly!

Flag
May 17, 2014
Pretty Dark for ABC "Family"
Flag
May 17, 2014
Okay so just from reading this list I've narrowed my favourites down to Doctor Who, Charmed, American Horror Story, Angel, The X-Files, and Dexter, only to name a few...
Flag
May 17, 2014
Which AHS are you speaking of?

I know! Impossible. I have to narrow this list down to a dozen for a poll. I don't even know where to start.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I really like the embedded video clips but since it slows down the opening of this post, maybe links would be better (not as good but it wouldn't slow down people's computers~~I had a hard time loading this excellent post of yours)

Flag
May 17, 2014
Me too! I've had to rewrite my comment 5 times because I kept losing the page. Now it's no longer letting me embed any videos. Wtf??
Flag
May 17, 2014
It might be the site. I have had trouble all over the TV.COM site this morning. I kept losing PMs and comments on other stories.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Maybe? I will definitely try to come back to it as I really want to post some others. Plus I want to read the other comments.
Flag
May 17, 2014
YOu have your work cut out. Even with 1/2 the comments mine responding to folks, we have a butt load of comments here.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yeah - I have heard that. Not sure if links are the solution though. I mean - all the clicking to YouTube over opening the post and getting a cup of coffee to wait it out sounds easier to me.

Your 'puter just sucks ;-p
Flag
May 17, 2014
actually it is an awesome computer! I have 10 shows & movies minimized in windows and about 7 other windows open with around 8 tabs open in each window…that's why I'm having a lag on this post
Flag
May 17, 2014
Holy Crap, Vicky. You must be like me in that I cannot concentrate without 10 things going on around me.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Hannibal's opening credits are perfect!
Flag
May 17, 2014
I have got to watch that show. Is it getting reviewed here at all?
Flag
May 17, 2014
by the best professional reviewer: Noel!
Flag
May 17, 2014
game of thrones (I can't believe I forgot that one)

Flag
May 17, 2014
That is a popular one. A must for the poll.
Flag
May 17, 2014
american horror story

Justified

back before I got sick of the show I would have said True Blood

Flag
May 17, 2014
The latest was beyond creepy
Flag
May 17, 2014

Poll

For me it was the third season, here's hoping they get up the good quality!
Flag
May 17, 2014
I added a complete poll at the bottom of the story (link) if you want to chime in officially. I put as many as I could fit on the page!
Flag
May 17, 2014
That is perfect. Yeah - that still creeps me out.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Vikings (the music is awesome)

Flag
May 17, 2014
The football team? LOL Us Packer fans refer to them as the Vi-Queens
Flag
May 17, 2014
I guess you underestimated the popularity of your post (great idea) because it takes forever to load. Of course I have a zillion windows open and that slows it down even more
Flag
May 17, 2014
UNAVOIDABLE i'M AFRAID. iT IS JUST TOO CONVENIENT TO BE ABLE TO JUST CLICK THESE AND WATCH THAN LOOKING THEM ALL UP

Damn Caps. I wasn't yelling, my fat finger just hit the Caps key and I'm too lazy to retype that.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Breaking Bad
Flag
May 16, 2014
Dexter have the best opening title. I watched the same thing for eight seasons and never got bored.
Of the current shows, Elementary and Game of Thrones are probably the best. The Americans, Masters of Sex, Hannibal, Mad Men,House of Cards, The walking Dead are all good.

I find Homeland the most irritating. I always skipped it. I liked Shameless US opening sequence in the beginning but now I just had to skipped it because of the male butt every single time.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I just had a complaint this page takes too long to load. Due to all the vids. Did you have that problem? I have a new laptop so maybe its just me, but this page pops up immediately.

Yeah - in hindsight now seeing everyone's submissions I would change my list. I mean - the iconic ones wouldn't change but I might slip off the Blacklist and NCIS for others.

Thanks for chiming in Marlboro!
Flag
May 19, 2014
I think most people would find it hard to load if you put too many gifs or if you embedded too many videos. Not everyone have powerful machines like you:-)
Flag
May 16, 2014
As much I like this post, it's been a bitch to open this page with all the embeded videos! Anyway, (rant over) I'm of the old-fashioned camp that appreciated a title sequence where the cast were introduced and you could fit a name to a face. A good example (sorry no video) which has been continued in its new show is Dallas. Also Charmed, particularly for the theme tune. These days I have to google the actor or character name to see who they are. With the changes that Ed mentioned i.e. smash cuts etc, I find that music is more of a draw as sequences become shorter. My current favourites are: Game of Thrones, naturally, its music to f**k to; Breaking Bad had an awesome title scene and music and I love Hell on Wheels also for the music. Well, that's my contribution and please no clicks or replies because I don't want to have to open this page again. Thanks.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Sorry, I'm going to add yet another embedded video to annoy you with, but you can't mention Charmed and not post it!

Flag
May 17, 2014
YOu know - that song in it's non-Charmed existance is not near as good as how it is used here.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Completely agree with the Supernatural credits, one of my favorite things about the new season is seeing what they have done with it.

ok so I reached back to childhood and there were two that came to mind because I sang with them when they came on. Land of the Lost and Dukes of Hazzard...

Flag
May 16, 2014
"WESLEY" as Will Marshall??? As an actor I'd be pretty pissed at that introduction! Billy Mumy got his full name out there! It was a dog eat dog world for child actors!

I so hate country music yet that DoH theme is so awesome. I grew up on LotL and loved that show much. You hear how bad the Will Ferrell movie was but i kinda liked it. So much Nostalgia today! Thank you!
Flag
May 16, 2014
Angel is definitely on my list, but I won't post it again.

For its sheer artistry, the Hannibal opening sequence:

The Sleepy Hollow one is pretty excellent too. I figure if I am willing to not fast forward through the opening sequence week in and week out, it's pretty damn good.

It's not the best one ever done, but who am I kidding, I still love the Friends opening.

Flag
May 17, 2014
Yes to Hannibal!!!
Flag
May 17, 2014
Incidentally - Continuum. I just got to where Kiera FINALLY told her partner. He ended up taking the news reasonably well! Now they can really kick some ass!
Flag
May 17, 2014
"I am assuming because she was sent to the past intentionally? Just guessing."

You wish I believed you were just guessing and even if you were - as if I would ever tell.

I am a spoiler free zone/nazi.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I am guessing. But they have dropped a ton of hints it was done purposefully.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Speaking of title sequences....Continuum finally did one as of S3 (you'll understand why the other one no longer works once you see the S3 premiere) But I have to admit, as much as I love the show, it's not as cool an intro as I hoped it would be. But that's probably just me. I'm a fickle one when it comes to my TV show tastes and expectations.

Although, I absolutely adore the score throughout the entire series. It's so unique and distinctive. Especially during those tense scenes.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I am assuming because she was sent to the past intentionally? Just guessing.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I just D/Led the 1st 9 episodes. Looking forward to a marathon today.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I have 2 seasons ready of Continuum. I meant I just D/Ld Hannibal as well.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Aaaaah. Hannibal is a delicate, delicious web of cat and mouse suspense and it's so clever. Not to mention absolutely beautiful cinematography. And as much as the case of the week murders are a bit far-fetched it's a show that doesn't like to insult your intelligence with its overarching mytho and characters.

I would recommend watching the episodes Noel recommended in the Midseason refresher article on your first watch. It's only 7 of the most important episodes. That way, you'll be really invested in the overarching season-long plot rather then case of the week, which on first watch can be a bit much.

But I'm sure whichever way you watch it, if you make it to the S1 finale (and no playing with gadgets whilst watching) you'll be very impressed if not completely hooked.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I hope you enjoy. Season 2 finale is pretty good but I think Season 3 is the best one yet. I can't wait to find out what you think of it!!! Hope you catch up before S3 finale so we can start to swap some theories.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Snot.

I shall have a second computer, TV and radio all playing whilst whistling a tune!
Flag
May 16, 2014
Agreed on every one. I turn in my man card and admit that FRIENDS is one of the best and has about the catchiest themes in TV history.

Whew. That was hard but it is nice to get it out there. ;-p
Flag
May 17, 2014
I second all your choices too, and there's no shame hear Ed, that theme song if just so catchy.
Flag
May 17, 2014
You guys are officially mad! That song is the devils work - it gets inside your head and never leaves.

Ed, don't forget to pick up your testicles, put them in a jar with some pheramaldahyde and donate them to science. You won't be needing them anymore.
Flag
May 17, 2014
*sighs

Yep. I know.
Flag
May 17, 2014
MmmMmmMmmMMMMM (ClapClapClapClap)

Damn YOU!
Flag
May 17, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I cannot seriously consider this a complete discussion without having Game of Thrones in this group. Personally I believe GoT's opening is the best I have ever seen and I just love how they introduce new places in the opening sequence. After that I can agree that Sleepy Hollow is great as well but never liked the simple "smash cut" scenes. If you were going to do an opening sequence article I am sure you can do much better than just a few cheaply made titles flashing on the screen.
Flag
May 17, 2014
But isn't that the whole point of the article? It's asking us to post our favourites. If Ed just posted all of them, first of all the page would take forever to load but also it would be boring and wouldn't allow for an interesting discussion.
Flag
May 17, 2014
K

I could list them all but the point was to give my personal favorites and to make a discussion so you can list yours. I make no apologies for my likes and dislikes. And I do not like GoT so no, I have no opinion on the title sequence. That is left for all you fans of the show. It is highly regarded and mentioned several times here.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I'm sorry. I watched your video, and found the opening to "Lost" to be totally lame. Just the word "LOST" floating, slightly revolving...boring. The "Once Upon a Time" openings were far better: each episode had a similar flash opening, but with a subtle difference that had to do with that particular episode. A lot better than a fuzzy word slowly revolving on a black background.
Flag
May 16, 2014
KT -- if you can, put a clipi up. Your suggestions are as legit as anyone's
Flag
May 18, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I get that. Actually - JJ did that screwing around on his laptop. I think I just love the simplicity and the fact it brings so many great TV moments for me. I mean - the list is personal. It is hard to take the love for a show away from what they do in the Title Sequence. Legitimately biased.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Definately not a contender for best intro, but what happened at about the 1 minute mark, appearently that wasn't rehearsed
Flag
May 16, 2014

Nostalgia pick from the Deathwish era.
Flag
May 16, 2014
The new Vince Gilligan produced show just announced 'Anonymous', has the exact same plot as 'The Equalizer' - except they will never find anyone as awesome as Edward Woodward to inhabit the lead role!
Flag
May 16, 2014
As I kind of noted down-thread, Stingray and Vengeance Unlimited both owe a great deal to Equalizer as well.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Did all that genre start with Death Wish?
Flag
May 17, 2014
I added a complete poll at the bottom of the story (link) if you want to chime in officially. I put as many as I could fit on the page!
Flag
May 16, 2014
I remember Stingray, but not Vigilance. I need to look that up.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Well, Stingray isn't really "that" type of show. He was more of a detective than a vigilante. But otherwise, probably. Then again, it dates back to the Lone Ranger.
Flag
May 16, 2014
^^^^
FACT
Flag
May 16, 2014
The 80s nostalgia is just overwhelming in this post. Well -70s and 80s
Flag
May 16, 2014
We just have to admit it, we're old.....
Flag
May 16, 2014
You might be old. I, on the otherhand, am just perfectly aged.
:D
Flag
May 16, 2014
YOu are a fine wine or a good scotch.

I am stale beer.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I will not dispute that of course. I will say though that they do not exclude each other.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Kind of hard to deny it
Flag
May 16, 2014
I really like Game of Thrones, The Americans, Parks and Rec, Community, and Aqua TV Show Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfqIVFYEu4
Flag
May 16, 2014

Flag
May 16, 2014
thanks, wasnt sure how to get it up there
Flag
May 16, 2014
When you are at YouTube click SHARE. Then a code pops up, click EMBED. Copy that code. Come here and click the button 5th from the right (little Vid Play button). Paste the code you copied. There it is!
Flag
May 16, 2014

Regardless of what you think of the show or how it went downhill it's great title sequence. If you know nothing about the show then it's just some guy getting up and having breakfast, but once you know who Dexter is then breakfast becomes his way of practicing for his noctural activities
Flag
May 16, 2014
This doesn't count (it was after credits) but this still puts the hai up on the back of my neck

Flag
May 17, 2014
I have found memories of this closing music. I binge-watched the first four seasons of Dexter over one summer and at two or three am after I'd watched three or four episodes this would be the last thing I heard before I went to bed. Loved it!
Flag
May 17, 2014
Jeebus I am surprised you didn't have nightmares. Like being plastic wrapped to your bed.
Flag
May 16, 2014
That might be the best one I've seen posted. Again - these topics are always head-slapping as I can't believe how many I didn't think of. They use that high def high frame rate technique too that makes it even more creepy.
Flag
May 16, 2014
One of my favorites for one of my favorite series.

Sorry, the embed doesn't work.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5dc56_angel-season-5-opening_shortfilms

Flag
May 16, 2014
Thank you Adrian. I have been humming the Angel theme all morning. I am distracting my co-workers. I am blaming you.
Flag
May 16, 2014

I wish i had thought of this one. It is DEFINITELY top 5. That violin is so damn haunting
Flag
May 18, 2014
Yep, give me goosebumps every time I hear it. One of my favorite themes ever.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yep, love this one too. It's so good that even as a devoted Buffy fan I'm happy to say that these credits are a lot better than those, in my opinion.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Oh man I LOVE that Angel theme. Lemme try something...
Flag
May 18, 2014
As do I. I didn't wanna post the one you did because it is a slightly modified and extended theme with made-up title cards. I couldn't find the original on Youtube so I posted a link to that daily motion one, which is the original season 5 opening.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Seriously, no Firefly?
Flag
May 16, 2014
I had to leave it for someone else.... I had already put in some others. Bt of course it belongs here.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Well Gully...it is a discussion! Add it if that is your choice!

Flag
May 16, 2014
I can't find a clean version of the titles to add in
Flag
May 16, 2014
Yup. All I could find was the music. FOX will block the shite out of everything they own.

Flag
May 16, 2014
Listening -I actually like it alot more now because It brings so many great memories.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Isn't that frustrating? I swear, I could find the music to the X-Files, but all the video was blocked on YouTube. Somethiat stuff is tough to get. That may be why no one listed it yet. Honestly - that was one of the few things I didn't like about the show. I wasn't crazy about the theme. It wasn't "Enterprise Bad" but I am not a fan of Country music.
Flag
May 16, 2014
The John Doe Intro
Flag
May 16, 2014
Oh man! They never gave that show a chance. That was FOX again I think
Flag
May 16, 2014
I'll go with something short and to the point

Flag
May 17, 2014
This post is taking too long to open so I will respond to notifications that way I don't have to load the entire article (my fault for having so many windows and tabs open).
I like the opening sequence of From Dusk Till Dawn;-)
Flag
May 17, 2014
spartacus--all seasons
Flag
May 17, 2014
lol, I'm picking my favorite shows so I'll throw in Banshee
Flag
May 17, 2014
You biased woman! HOw dare you list your personal favorites now that I have read here that I only must list what other people consider good. Silly me!
Flag
May 16, 2014
I know you are asking about longer sequences but I'm not a fan of the same old opening sequences that eat up time imo. I do like POI's opening sequence because it is not always the same. My favorite is 24 because it triggers a pavlovian style response of a surge of adrenaline.
Flag
May 17, 2014
someone should do a video of all the various POI opening sequences back to back;-)
Flag
May 16, 2014
Nope - this is perfect and one I was going to put on my list. But since I just gushed about it in the Summer Marathon series I left it to you! It is just like the smashcuts Supernatural and The Blacklist use in my mind.

Flag
May 17, 2014
do you like the original version or the new version better?
Flag
May 17, 2014
@edshrinker
I think the new one has more flash (gold flare/sparkle). If they are different (lol) I like them both.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Are they different? I thought the digital clock thingy looked exactly the same.
Flag
May 15, 2014

Ok here is the last one!

Nice tip Ed! Never though about using the code for embedding DUH! This one had the embedding disabled but just got he code from anoher page ;-)

Thank you for reposting the other videos... I was going to do it.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I prefer the second season theme myself. Snazzier graphics, too, although I couldn't find a video with them.

Flag
May 16, 2014
Gosh I don't remember the second season... now I'll have to look it up... Maybe I didn't even watch it! Gasp!
Flag
May 16, 2014
Well, all of the episodes are on Hulu. I'd recommend "The Clones" myself. "Deadly Pawn" and "The Unsuspected" are also good ones.

Unfortunately, they got into Lost in Space "science fiction" in the second year. Aliens in silver jump suits, time travel, teleportation where they disappear in bursts of smoke and large explosions. It was the season that gave us Jonathan Harris as an intergalactic Pied Piper, which is just as bad as it sounds.

If you remember any episodes where Mark the engineer changed out of his suit and no coat and wore a brown leather jacket, and Betty probably isn't in it because Heather Young was off having a baby, then it was probably a second season episode.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Thanks! I will certainly look them up! :-)
Flag
May 16, 2014
I just found the intro for Lost in Space but the boring one, none of the animated ones!

You know what? Since they are rebooting old shows... I wouldn't mind watching a re-make of Lost in Space... I mean, it's been what? Nearly 50 years?

They could do some changes like the eldest daughter Judy is a man (James?) and the co-pilot is a woman (Dee?) LOL

Loved the 90's movie by the way! Gary Oldman as Dr. Smith was perfect!
Flag
May 17, 2014
Flag
May 17, 2014
Yes, yes, yes! I would a remake too, I'd like to see it as more as a serious drama though, more like Battlestar Galatica, than sharing the campy feel the original had.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I just found that remake @Gislef! It's in youtube! It sucked no wonder they didn't pick it up!

Flag
May 16, 2014
The WB tried a remake in 2003, directed but John Woo. But they didn't pick it up.
Flag
May 16, 2014
I liked that movie more than I should have. Hated the ending, but Dr. Smith WAS perfectly cast.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Sounds like you have a new activity to plan!
Flag
May 15, 2014
Yeah "LINK" won't ever work but the EMBED code usually does. It is the opposite with Vimeo.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Oh, as much for the music as the imagery, but it's some odd imagery as well...

Flag
May 16, 2014
Cool opening. I had never seen it.
Flag
May 16, 2014
1980s, very Stephen Cannell-ish show. Not to be confused with the British series. It's a fairly interesting premise, and let them do everything from technothrillers to comedies (Caper is one of the funniest "drama" episodes of a series I've seen) to psycho dramas to one vaguely supernatural episode. ABC later did in a modified form as a much quirkier Vengeance Unlimited. With a much quirkier Michael Madsen.

I don't remember the opening of that show being that thrilling, but I think this promo captures the tone...

Flag
May 17, 2014
Yeah - it is fine if I go to YouTube. Just won't play in the page for what ever reason. I've seen a few do that
Flag
May 17, 2014
DAmn - the Vid won't play. "Disabled by the Owner". Why would someone bother to do that?
Flag
May 17, 2014
It works for me, but it is Youtube. I think it would as well as the other videos I've been putting up.

If you can access Youtube, you should be able to find it.
Flag
May 16, 2014
For instance, I have no idea why Da Vinci's Vetruvian Man is at the 1:12 mark.
Flag
May 15, 2014
And here is my favourite when I was five, I used to watch it in Spanish but could not find it... so here is the original LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNb2kDhHSo
Flag
May 15, 2014

Flag
May 15, 2014
I couldn't find the intro for this one... but the score is rather cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGfnoORaC2c
Flag
May 15, 2014

Flag
May 15, 2014
Ok... I'll play!

I was absolutely bananas about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZW4groJro

Flag
May 15, 2014

It is actually easier to embed the video here than to just post the link. Easy Peasy.

And AWESOME choice.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Thanks! I tried, but could not do it, it used to work before for me but I do not know what happened... (using Chromium on Ubuntu)
Flag
May 15, 2014
Hmm, Definitely sounds like Browser than. My apologies. I use Firefox here for posting and browsing and have had 100% success.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I know... but Firefox is for working and Chromium for down time (although sometimes it crashes my Ubuntu! Piece o' crap! Chromium NOT Ubuntu! LOL)
Flag
May 15, 2014
Well, the best I find of Supernatural is their annual "The Road So Far" which will be fun to hear next week.

I appreciate Person of Interest's because, well, its informative and you have to actually pay attention to it. Sometimes they skip it and it is just the Machine trying desperately to catch up with everything, sometimes you had to pay attention quickly because they used the season 1 voiceover as opposed to the current one (which I think we maybe heard three times this season).

I really enjoy Elementary's, when they show it.

Even though it bugged me last year, I am enjoying Orphan Black's.

Teen Wolf's is interesting, but usually it is just used as a cliff hanger bridge.
Flag
May 15, 2014
POI is a great example. Each week's number usually shows up in each Title Sequence, right?

Yeah - I included the one Road So Far at the start of the run of all 9 seasons in the video. That isn't the title sequence just the recap so i couldn't count that part. But when Carry on my Wayward Son starts I get goosebumps.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I know, even if you are annoyed with the season (which I am currently kind of am), just those first couple of chords of Carry On get you way excited.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Kate that is so true. I have been fed up since season 7 (I actually kind of dug Sam as souless). I really wanted Kripke's vision to be the final say after season 5. The rest I still enjoy but I am left really empty after that epic 5 year arc. Don't get me started on the stupid Leviathan story line. But I hear "Wayward Son" and I still flash back to the salad days and get excited.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Oh, sorry Ed! I have never watched Supernatural... :-s
Flag
May 15, 2014
wuuuuuuut????
Flag
May 15, 2014
I just don't like the lads... nothing to do about it...
Same thing with Grimm, can't stand the lead...
Flag
May 16, 2014
Having all you r favorites and no internet to distract actually sounds kind of fun. It would be like the Ultimate Binge watch, no distractions.

Well - our recaps of Farscape will always be here to look back on when you rewatch someday. And soon - I will have some updates on the new movie. I have some inside connections, got a bunch of PK Wars inside infor back in the day. I hope my source is involved in the new movie too!
Flag
May 15, 2014
Just as an aside... when at You Tube - click SHARE, than when that pops up click EMBED. Copy that code. Come here to the comments. See the 5th button from the right? The little Video Play button? Click that, paste the EMBED code and Voila'
Flag
May 15, 2014
I've heard that about a few shows I adore. I know some that hate Nichole Behrie in Sleepy Hollow so they dislike the show. Right @Mirelapilipo ? LOL
Flag
May 16, 2014
I chime in from time to time Ed but I do not have time to re-watch :-S I am actually hoarding on some of my fav shows (POI, Continuum, Arrow & GoT) to binge on them in a few weeks because I am moving to the End of the World... well not really but I might be without internet connection from 2 to 4 weeks :-S so I am sure I'll re-watch Farscape too then LOL
Flag
May 15, 2014
Have you been riding along the whole time on the Farscape watchback? I know you have been there and chatted with us, but are you currently rewatching as well?

I talked to @FringeFanatic and @Mirelapilipo about a rewatch of Fringe.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Well I don't like fantasy much to begin with but if I do not like the leads... that's it!

I might be able to make an exception if it is a sci-fi show though (hello, my name is bluemorphotat and am a junkie... LOL)

The rest will simply not work. Now when it is drama, if the actor is good and the script is good I do not mind the actor/actress. Any way when actors are good it is more difficult to dislike them LOL!
Flag
May 15, 2014
Oops. One more.

Because who can resist animated title sequences. Although with this one, the end credits picture were different every episode, at least through the first 1-3 seasons.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I used to watch re-runs of the Wild Wild West as a kid!
I remember that on some eps Jim would him the lady and on some others he would just sort of spin her and leave her resting on one of the frames. I remember asking my dad about that and he said that "it was not nice to hit ladies no matter what" LOL
Flag
May 16, 2014
It doesn't look like the B&W credits only are on Youtube, but most if not all of the episodes are.

But you can see them here at about the 4:00 mark. Also, I'd recommend watching the episode. "Night of the Puppeteer" is arguably the best episode they did, and perhaps one of the best episode of any 60s or 70s show.

If you wanted to cleanse someone's mind of the 1999 movie, set them down and make them watch this episode, and tell them that's how steampunk Westerns are done.
Flag
May 16, 2014
The first season in black-and-white were the "The Cowboy" hitting the lady. When they went to color and updated them slightly, they also changed it to the less violent version than punching a lady.
Flag
May 17, 2014
I'm afraid I never watched it in colour! My family didn't own a colour TV until 1979, just in time to start watching MTV videos a couple of years later! LOL

Mmm it'd be nice to re-watch all those old shows in colour... never watched Lost in Space in colour either...
Flag
May 17, 2014
Well, again, I believe all of the episodes are currently on Youtube. I'd stick with the first two-thirds of the second season. There's a few duds, but overall it's the best quality. And the widest variety in format. Eccentrics, Big Blast (big Artie episode), Raven, Flying Pie Plate, Watery Death, Green Terror, Man-Eating House (only supernatural episode), Lord of Limbo, Feathered Fury, and The Brain are all good.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I meant to say "on some eps Jim would HIT the lady" LOL
Flag
May 15, 2014
The new AMC show Turn (about the Culper ring in the Revolutionary War) uses a really cool animated opening like this. I love it.
Flag
May 15, 2014
And finally, when it comes to voiceover title sequences, nothing can beat...

Although this one comes close...

Flag
May 15, 2014
NO one can beat Rod Serling
Flag
May 15, 2014
And for comedy openings, nothing beats...

And another one that had a slightly different version each time, depending on Tonight's Special Guest Star and how they died.

This is from the first episode, which has one of the funniest exchanges ever on TV. Check out the fifth quote, the big one. Although they're all pretty funny. And of course, who can forget Interesting experiments with discarded swimwear.

Flag
May 15, 2014
The great Leslie Nielson. From serious actor to the best slapstick actor of his time. Airplane! still in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

"I'm a Doctor"
Flag
May 15, 2014
And of course, who can forget the perfectly ominous buildup, going from a happily whistling working stiff (supposedly Darren McGavin came up with himself), settling down to work, and then turning into something lurking in the dark...

With 70s composer Gil Mille providing the music.

Flag
May 15, 2014
What did you think of the remake a couple years ago?
Flag
May 15, 2014
It was actually pretty good. The main problem was that they tried to do it as a reimaging of the original Kolchak character. If it had been a supernatural TV show without that baggage, I don't think the expectations would have been as high.

That and the best episode, Timeless, was the one that didn't air. The Five People You Meet in Hell was also pretty good, though.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Speaking of The Night stalker ...how the hezmana did I forget this!

Flag
May 17, 2014
Another sci-fi classic!
Flag
May 15, 2014
And for sheer variety, I don't think anyone mentioned...

Flag
May 17, 2014
This is mine, definitely. The music gets me every time! Alien and spooky, yet alluring, I love it. And once colour television was introduced the visuals were appropriately psychedelic. I wonder what Capaldi's credits will be like...
Flag
May 15, 2014
Nope. And spot on. Great choice. Man - when I compiled all the Suprnatural ones there were only 9. I can't imagine doing this!
Flag
May 15, 2014
Then there's this 60s theme.

I particularly like Robert Culp nonchalantly tossing a bomb at the camera. And like Mission: Impossible, it was different every episode.

As one of the guys on MST3k once said (I think Kevin Murphy?), it makes you want to run out and bury a Greek up to his neck in concrete.

Flag
May 15, 2014
MST3k might be one of the most underrated comedies ever.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Supernatural is a bit too short for me.

Oh, I've got several. Let's see...

Makes you want to go out and burn off a few calories... or collapse in exhaustion.
Flag
May 15, 2014
The mother of all Mullets. There was a deleted scene in the Stargate SG-1 pilot that had Amanda Tapping just giving him crap and calling him MacGuyver. I need to find that clip.
Flag
May 17, 2014
Second the MacGyver opening credits. *g*

And the scene in Stargate wasn't deleted, it's still in the original version of the pilot that aired in 1997 - just not in the reedited "movie-version" that they released on DVD. They dropped the whole "reproductive organs on the inside"-crap as well for that DVD-version of Children of the Gods.
Flag
May 15, 2014
90s Disney Cartoons Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, hell even Aladdin were some of my faves.

Right now, one that I really like is BBC's The Musketeers. The music is just so good.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I think I saw that while watching Orphan Black. I need to look that one up.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Fringe is another great title sequence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20EO4XMBQgM
Flag
May 15, 2014
Yup!!

Flag
May 15, 2014
And I just found a video of all of the title sequences. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zruY8dSf1Xk
Flag
May 15, 2014
Pa - you need to let me show you how to embed these suckers. It is an easy as posting the link.

Flag
May 17, 2014
I love that Fringe was creative enough to have alternative openings depending on whether it was in the past, present or the future, in our universe or the other universe (or both). It really made you hangout for the title sequence, they didn't really change all that much, but it was cool nonetheless.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I loved this one when I was a kid.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I had never seen it, but this one made me smile.
Flag
May 15, 2014
Getting so many freakin flashbacks! I love this!
Flag
May 15, 2014
A campy yet retro cool opening theme!Couldn't get enough of this series in reruns as a child.
Flag
May 15, 2014
I'm going to be singing "Batman bababababababababa BATMAN" all damn day.
Flag
May 16, 2014
By the way,great choice of putting Star Trek in your picks,definitely a great opening title sequence.Would have posted it myself if you hadn't.
Flag
May 16, 2014
Talk about iconic. They still use it in the reboot
Flag
May 15, 2014
The West Wing had one of the best theme songs ever, but there were so many people in the cast they didn't have time to include many other images.
Flag
May 15, 2014

Great childhood memories.Plus it was the first time I noticed boobs on a woman!LOL.
Flag
May 15, 2014
YOu are just fixated on Sat morning cartoons my friend. NOt saying that like its a bad thing
Flag
May 16, 2014
LOL!Ahhhhhh......Saturday mornings,great times! ;D
Flag
May 16, 2014
Still in my Footie Pajamas. All bleary eyed wandering out to the TV Console, clicking the UHF dial at 7am for Batman.

No I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Topic
Members