Hi! This is my first article on the site so forgive me for my nervousness. Anyways, on with the show. Have you ever watched any one of your favourite shows and loved a character for whatever reasons, someone you wouldn’t mind having for an imaginary boyfriend/girlfriend? A TV crush that you can’t seem to get over no matter how bad the writing or the acting is? As a female and an avid TV fan, I have a myriad of them and here’s my list:

Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

Ok I’m starting off with my ULTIMATE (yes, all-time) TV crush and it’s none other than this badass but lovable hunter. Aside from the obvious jaw-droppingly good looks and physique, Dean is a caring and compassionate brother who’d go to extreme lengths in order to protect his family (especially his brother, Sam). He certainly brought the fun and light-heartedness with his jokes and devil-may-care attitude to the earlier seasons which were one of the reasons why I instantly fell in love with him in the beginning.

Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)

The GoT fans all know that bastards are looked at with disgrace and are unworthy of any official titles and lands in the Westerosi world, except that Jon Snow is one of the few exceptions. In fact, he’s one of the most honourable characters that I know, especially in a show filled with backstabbers, manipulators and sadists. He certainly became an instant favourite of mine when I first started watching the show. Seeing him help poor Sam through Ser Alliser’s brutal training and become his first friend in Season 1 solidified my love for Jon and gave me hope that this very ruthless world still has some good in it. Plus, I’m a tad envious of his curly and luscious hair…

Chris Halliwell (Charmed)

My affections for Chris run deeper than his angelic-looking face. Season 6 wasn’t the best season for Charmed what with the seemingly never-ending love interests for the sisters, awful stunt casting and some terribly written episodes but Chris was the best thing about that season. His introduction at the end of Season 5 left me intrigued but my curiosity about this mysterious character came out in full force during S6. His devotion towards saving his brother Wyatt from evil domination of the world and the magical community despite what it cost him had my heart breaking. Sure, Drew Fuller’s acting wasn’t Emmy-worthy but overall, he was an effective character who was selfless in his dedication to his family.

Felicity Smoak (Arrow)

I just can’t have a list like this without adding my TV girl crush, Felicity. I adore Felicity, I just ADORE her! Between dropping awkward-but-hilarious one-liners and encouraging Oliver to be the hero he can be, she’s an integral part of the show. The writers made a good choice in getting her to join Team Arrow and I can’t imagine what the show would be like without her. I might be biased because of my inclinations towards Olicity but she’s the source of the optimism and hope that provides a nice contrast to the bleakness of Arrow.

Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)

I recently finished watching the whole series of Breaking Bad and I still maintain that Jesse’s my favourite character. When I first started watching, I wasn’t sure if I was gonna like it despite the amount of people telling me how good it was but there was one thing that I was sure of liking (at this point, loving) and it was Jesse Pinkman! Yes, I initially was drawn to him because of how gorgeous his face looked but as I delved deeper into the show, my fondness for him deepened because he showed that he had a big heart (“Peekaboo” anyone?) and that he was a good person despite the meth-cooking. Also, Jesse’s memorable and amusing quotes endeared him to me more: “A cowhouse! Where the cows live” and “Magnets, BITCH!”

Anyways, that was my list but feel free to share what your TV crushes are in the comments. I know that I left some obvious ones out like the Salvatores, Daryl Dixon and Logan Echolls but I’m hoping that you guys can give reasons why you love them as well as other characters that I don’t know about or missed.
94 Comments
Follow this Topic
Members
  • 9:00 pm
    In an Instant Bad Guys at the Good Guys
    NEW
    ABC