I thought this could be a fun poll for Valentine's day or, you know, Friday morning. Here are some ground rules:

1) It has to be a only a kiss, not a kiss that leads to "sexytimes"
2) It has to be romantic, even if the parties are not a couple
3) And, most important, it has to be from this season

So vote away, debate in the comments and, most of all, Happy Valentine Friday everyone!

poll
Comments (63)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm not a Sherlolly shipper (at all), but that kiss was pretty awesome.
Flag
I'm an Elementary viewer and even I'd have to admit it was one of the greatest kiss of the TV season.
Flag
Hey Everyone. Two of My Favorites: Lois and Clark from Smallville and Veronica and Logan for Veronica Mars.

VERONICA LOGAN FIRST KISS!

Flag
That one was pretty great. But do you remember the one where Lois climbed on a stack of newspapers? That's the most memorable one from Smallville for me.
Flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EftQn2p_Bzk
Flag
Always will go with the one I created a post just to show The Most Romantic Moment in SciFi TV

John and Aeryn have many. The one in Aeryn's Prowler in "Kiss The Princess" trilogy was really hot too. But that one at the end of it. Holy sweet baby Jeebus.
Flag
True, but which was the greatest kiss this season? The poll suggests Sheldon and Amy's but Mindy and Any's has been a pretty popular choice too...
Flag
There was great feedback, ionee! I am limited by my small list of TV I watch. But I am really nutty about the ones I like (same with music).
Flag
I felt no passion on Once between those two!
But OMG Sheldan & Amy!! That was soo good!
Flag
I've got to admit I felt the passion between Hook and Emma (OUaT), but to see the passion in which Doctor Sheldon Cooper gives hs first romantic kiss ever felt like the real fairytale.

...only Amy was the Prince and Sheldon the Sleeping Beauty.
Flag
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I want hook & Emma together. B/c he calls her on her crap. BUT AMY & SHELDON!!!! SHUT UP! UUhh! so good!
Flag
Sometimes it feels like Sheldon & Amy are the only couple on TV that can keep sexual tension after they are already together.
Flag
Mindy and Danny, obviously!

Flag
Any Chuck and Sarah moment from Chuck. They're just my favorite TV couple.

Anyone that mentions Ross and Rachel as equal (think there was some insane poll that had the 2 in the finals) I'll become violently ill and hunt you down, That is how much I hate that realationship.
Flag
I've got to agree those were some of the most romantic kisses way back when.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Why are kisses that segue into sex disqualified? Beckett & Castle's kiss when she shows up at his door, wet from the rain, and tells him that she wants him... That's one of the most epic kisses ever!! But it's not allowed because they had sex? Laaaaame.

Beyond that one... I thought Neal & Sara's kiss after his fake proposal on White Collar was pretty teary-eyed inducing. Very emotional.
Flag
Because this poll it's about romantic kisses, not erotic ones.

Personally, I feel Game of Thrones kisses are as romantic as they are erotic but it has to be a Greatest Kiss in its on right, therefore any form of foreplay - inclusing kisses - is diqualified.
Flag
Erotic kisses...? That's a strange way to phrase it. I mean, when you look at the Beckett/Castle kiss, it wasn't erotic. It was full on romantic and sad and beautiful... that then turned into something else. You want an erotic kiss, you should look at Neal & Sara's first kiss in which they just kinda let their hormones take over. That's an erotic kiss.

I don't know. I don't think all kisses that lead to sex are strictly erotic. The best ones are the ones that start off as something else and then makes its way to that territory. My opinion, of course.
Flag
Then again, it has to be a clear line for a poll to work out: that means Castle and Beckett's proposal kiss rather than any other (and no Game of Thrones kisses, regardless how romantic those may be).
Flag
"own" instead of "on".
Flag
and "including" instead of "inclusing".
Flag
From this list I would have to say that Sheldon/Amy kiss is the greatest...

However, the best TV kiss that I have seen is from Castle's 3rd season when Castle & Beckett pretend to be undercover and get way too into their 'roles'
If this list wasn't from this season only, I would have voted for that. It still took one and a half season for that couple to 'get it on' so I wouldn't say it would be a "kiss that leads to 'sexytimes'"

Or Nick and Jess' first kiss!
Flag
...though the tequila clouds forming that opinion might be wrong!
Flag
LOL!!!!
Flag
Maybe we could do a Greatest drunken kiss poll next, there certainly are a lot of romantic kisses for a Greatest kiss of all times too!
Flag
Olivia and Fitz's kiss... Any of them actually! Lol
Flag
Hints of sexytimes-that-follow took them out of the poll.

(It took every kiss from Game of Thrones out of the contest too).
Flag
From this season Sheldon & Amy. But truly epic made me watch over and over? Nick & Jess' first kiss last season.
Flag
Its all about timing, and Sheldon and Amy's kiss had the greatest timing I've seen in a TV kiss in seasons.
Flag
amy and Sheldon's first kiss: best combination of cute/awkward/epic/unexpected/long overdue but still came at the right time!! It was so cute that I think I'd be ok with them not kissing again for a long time. Danny and Mindy are a close second cuz c'mon Danny freakin Castellano!!!
Flag
Amy and Sheldon's first kiss was so good it didn't even need sexytimes, it was all in his body language.
Flag
In Torchwood, Captain Jack kisses the original Captain Jack and it was seriously hot shit. Those two had some amazing chemistry.

When Damon & Elena kissed for the first time it was pretty awesome too - the real first time, not the fake out, though that was hot too.

Crichton & Aeryn? Laura Holt & Remington Steele? Sammy Davis Jr. & Nancy Sinatra? Buffy & Spike? Odo & Kiira? Worf and Dax?

Or - this was great, but only because it was soooooo gross -- how about when Chakotay kissed Species 8472?

Just saying all the good kisses didn't happen in the last couple of years. :P
Flag
Oooh, thought of another one -- Luke and Lorelei!
Flag
Olivia Pope and President Fitz (Scandal) in the elevator during Fitz's campaign, we only saw that clip in flashbacks. I think it was their first kiss, it was so romantic, hot, sexy and sparks were flying.
Flag
Nick and Jess's first kiss. :)
Flag
That was one of my favorites from past seasons.
Flag
Some missing:

'Hood' and Siobhan 'Banshee'! The uncertainty going in, the trepidation running through both of their minds, the realization that a kiss was going to lead them into bed and then the two of them just giving in to the temptation leading to the good deputy's trailer rockin'.

2 from the most recent episode of 'Arrow' Sarah and Nyssa - cause Caity Lotz and Katrina Law! - don't need much more explanation than that or Sarah and Oliver in the last scene of the episode.

Bo and Lauren reuniting after being separated and at odds for a while, and then promptly forgetting that they had broken up and locking lips on 'Lost Girl' the minute they were in the same room together.

For 'Reign' - not wishing to enter the who should Mary be with argument - my favorite couple on the show, the rich girl in Mary's court and the cook - Greer and Leith. When they finally kissed it was very sweet.

Just a memory but a good one - Spike planting one on the Slayer he'd been pining for, for over a year, in the very last scene of 'Once More With Feeling'. (BtVS Season 6, Ep 7)
More+
Flag
It doesn't count if it leads to sexytimes (or if its hints that it leads to it)

It has to be a greatest kiss in its own right.
Flag
Danny and Mindy on the plane!
Flag
Kate and Castle near a warehouse to do diversion.
Flag
Oh c'mon Danny and Mindy - epic
Flag
Can't argue with that.
Flag
I had to vote for 2: Sheldon & Amy and Molly & Sherlock. Both were unexpected and made me happy.
Flag
After the awesome Jeff/Annie kiss from Pascal's Triangle Revisited, it is a crime that they have not had a kiss (or more) this season. Let them get together already!

Flag
thought John and Carter's kiss before her death was so moving.
Flag
Bonus points because he was the last man she ever kissed *sniff*
Flag
Emma and hook on OUAT it may not have been the best kiss in the history of tv but for me I was waiting for it to happen for so long that the both times it happend I just jumped off the cough with the biggest smile ever
Flag
They had great timing too!
Flag
Its not a show, but Jennifer Lawrence kissing Amy Adams in American hustle always give me a stiffie, just sayyyyin
Flag
The kiss that was heard around the world,Sheldon and Amy!It was that Awwwwww moment as you hit the floor with shock too!One that people will talk and debate about for a while.Happy Vale......Friday everyone!;)
Flag
Sheldon and Amy's was truly the kiss that was heard around the world.

There's something about a first kiss that makes them unique, unforgettable and epic all at the same time.
Flag
I'm so glad you put the condition of it must be this season!! When I read the title all I could think of was Sam & Diane from Cheers...and then a flood of other shows from 'back in the day!!
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    People's List
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    20/20: In an Instant Murder in the Maternity Ward
    NEW
    ABC