We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

***********************WARNING************************

*** This post is not suitable for young children.
It contains foul language and adult themes

Garfunkel & Oates released episode 3 of their new IFC series last week, and it included the song 'Sports Go Sports', which was fine.
Personally I hope the series includes this song, (BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN THE MESSAGE!!) :

(via Garfunkel & Oates )

Originally I was going to do a General Post about comedy songs - but after some consultation, it was pointed out that my choice of songs, while funny would definitely offend....definitely.
Also it opened the door to songs even I found offensive.
Or worse...dull.

So considering TV shows are supposed to have standards, I thought it best to limit the selection to songs that have appeared on TV or web content related to TV shows.

Even after saying that, this post is not suitable for children as it contains foul language and imagery.

I'll only give 5 songs of my choosing and hopefully you can come up with some more.

First up is Kielbasa from Tenacious D

Tenacious D: The Greatest Band on Earth, ran on HBO for 3 really short seasons.
When I get drunk at family gatherings, I sing this song accompanied by my cousin on guitar - ( Apparently I offended the priest at the last christening I was at by singing this song ) :

(via Neo7l)

Next up is another song I tend to sing when I'm drunk (there may be a theme to my choices) :

(via DenisLearyVEVO)

I first heard this song when Channel 4 aired No Cure For Cancer a long time ago - ( and funnily enough, the priest did not complain when I sang this song at the same christening )

Southpark has a lot of funny songs, but one of the best ones was performed by Butters - ( I don't sing this song when drunk...yet) :

(via NarutoTheUnderscore )

I have to include Flight of the Conchords because I like the folksy-funk fusion of most of their songs, and the song Business Time encapsulates this the best:

(via ellaelise)

My final choice comes from The Lonely Island.
There are several comedy songs that appeared on their SNL digital shorts - but my favorite has to be Jack Sparrow featuring Michael Bolton :

(via thelonelyisland )

So, what are some of your favorite TV related comedy songs?
62 Comments
Comments (62)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Excellent post!
I sing the asshole song even when sober;-)
Flag
i need to be drunk to sing in front of people
Flag
I don't like to torture people so I just sing when I am alone
Flag
or when you THINK you are alone
Flag
well my other personalities don't mind my singing since they are protective of me;-)
Flag
Hilarious! I remember laughing so hard when watching that episode.
Thanks!
Flag
woo hoo Jon Lajoie!
Flag

the office had some good songs
Flag
And he was in an actual band in the 80's :

Flag
In the last few years, this was the winner for me: Portlandia, ep. 1

Flag
It reminds me of Depeche Mode for some reason
Flag
Bob's Burgers has a lot of great songs. This one, a favorite of mine, is from one of their great Thanksgiving episodes.

Flag
I love Jon Benjamin, he makes everything better.
Including classic films :

Flag

Flag
A few I enjoy are -
She's such a Groovy lady - Fraiser
Rock the Torah - Raising Hope
Pie Rack - That Tim Allen comedy...blanking at the momento on the name!
Ass Crack Bandit - Community
Most of the Glee pisstake songs from Community
Flag
Flight of the Conchords - Business Time makes me cry it's sooo funny
and also the "French song" Foux Du FaFa =)
Flag
One of my favorites is "I'll Never Tell" from the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" musical episode, "Once More, With Feeling". The song definitely pushes the boundaries of good taste, ("His p*nis got diseases from a Chumash Tribe"), but my favorite part is when they decided to pull back and just be clever:

"You're the cutest of the Scoobies
With your lips as red as rubies
And your firm yet supple...tight embrace!"

It also gets downright silly: "When I look so old and wrinkly that I look like David Brinkley"

So, it has something for EVERYONE!
Flag
Anya became one of my favorite characters on Buffy
Flag
I love Flight of the Conchords, and I could have easily posted any number of their songs, but this is my favorite:

Flag
There hasn't been much news on the Conchords for a couple of years. They had a reunion tour a couple of years ago, and they were talking about a film, but nothing happened.
Jemaine Clement seems to be doing a lot of work on his own now
Flag
Thanks for reminding me that Garfunkel and Oates has started! I will have to check it out.

I didn't know Tenacious D had a HBO show, I may have to see if I can check that out too...

I love 'Asshole', that's one I definitely listen to often on my iPod, and also one of the most fun songs to sing along to.
Flag
You can purchase The Complete Masterworks, which includes a concert in Brixton Academy as well as a few other things.

There is also The Complete Masterworks 2, but this does not have the HBO shows and is mainly concert footage and a documentary.

Or you could watch the entire concert HERE via Youtube.

If you joust want to watch the HBO series, someone has posted it on Youtube HERE - you may also be able to find the episodes indiviually (there are only 6)
Flag
"Guy Love"! Scrubs.
Flag
I wasn't a big fan of the musical episode but I do remember this :

Flag
Another great songs from Scrubs was Overkill and Ted singing "Hey Ya".
Flag
I've got the awesomeness of Michael Bolton singing in my head! I see below a a Buffy mention, one of the best episodes of all time. Oh wait now D*** in a Box is creeping in. Love Lonely Island and South Park.....UncleF***er is one of my favorite SP songs I know it's the from the movie but thought I'd mention it! :)
Flag
You mention it and it appears :

And now....just to sum up my feelings about my Fantasy Casting: True Detective Season 2 not getting promoted :

Flag
Bbbbbbbaaahahahahhaahhaahhahaahahah! Wow it's like you can read minds because that is exactly how I feel about when my posts don't get voted up! Speaking of I'm working on that wish list for True Detective.
Flag
Kim Kardashian for the female lead, Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead, Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead, Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,Kim Kardashian for the female lead,
Flag
Shit I think that's more offensive than your Justin Bieber comment! ;)
Flag
Jack Sparrow = perfect choice
Flag
Michael Bolton steals it for me
Flag
"now back to the good part"
Flag
I never really connected comedy with songs, it's not the way it's done in Europe.

But one of my favourite series, 'Men behaving badly', had some songs that will fit fantastically in the ambience.

And I'll add this one because they do a great version of 'I am sailing'. Sober as ever.

Flag
Maybe not mainland Europe by the UK and Ireland have several.

For example

Red Dwarf has a couple, including :

And Father Ted has the Eurovision song contest contender "My Lovely Horse" by The Divine Comedy :

There are several more
Flag
Thank you ever so much for reminding me of the Rimmer Experience.
Flag
I didn't want to use "Tongue tied"
Flag
I couldn't resist:

Flag
Yeah, but you UK people do not consider yourself European do you :-)

But you're completely right. My examples also were form the UK (as you know :-)). That series always keeps me young.

We had two series with fantastic comedic songs in the Netherlands: 'Jiskefet' and 'Koot & Bie', but they're in Dutch so a bit hard to understand for the nono's.

But I'll give you a few to enjoy. This is an old evergreen one from Koot & Bie.

This one's from Jiskefet from their 2010 tour 'got laid?''. The song is called: 'There's a hair in my glass. If only you would understand what he sings :-).

Flag
Its all Dutch to me :-)
Flag
Also Garfunkel and Oates are hilarious and pretty good in concert. And there song is true, I dated a girl in High School like that.

Flag
"I dated a girl in High School like that." - do you mean she was musical?
Flag
We have this expression in the Netherlands: "leaving church before singing".......
Flag
Indeed. She wanted to sing all the time.
Flag
Pretty much anything from South Park for me.
Flag
I was going to include this :

But I used Butters song because he's my favorite character
Flag
Well "What what in the butt" is the best song they did.
Flag
I've been watching TV for way too long but just a few memorable ones:

It only had a few lines but it gave one of the 'Buffy' producers a memorable moment in 'Once More With Feeling'. Since 'Buffy' he went on to produce a little 'Lost' (when it was good), '24' (including this season), 'Fringe' and currently airing (and getting a little better each week) 'Tyrant'. At heart, he has to be a song and dance man. No one will ever forget 'They've Got the Mustard Out!' with David Fury spinning around the sidewalk with his dry cleaning. (Marti Noxon also got a chance to sing as a woman trying to get out of a parking ticket bemoaning the fact with the ticket officer ending her pleading with him with, 'I'm just a poor girl, don't you care? and as the song trails off you hear very quietly in the background Marti add 'Hey, I'm not wearing underwear...' For all the work that crew did to make that awesome episode of television work, it was nice to see these 'Buffy' guiding forces get in on the fun.

'Time to Change' with Peter's voice cracking on 'Brady Bunch' is one of my earliest memories and I've never forgotten the song.

Can't forget, 'Cheers' Woody Boyd (Woody Harrelson) who can't afford to buy his girlfriend, Kelly, who is filthy rich yet exceptionally dim, a present so he shows up at her Birthday party at her parents' mansion sits down at the piano addresses the crowd with 'I should tell you up front I'm not really a professional singer. I'm more of a vocal stylist." and proceeds with the ridiculously funny sweet and simple, just like Woody, 'The Kelly Song' after which he asks her if she likes it. She responds 'More than anything else.' and then adds, 'So where is my present?' The scene is wonderful, the song hilariously simple, and they nailed the landing. A perfect song and a perfect scene.

This isn't television but it will always be my favorite funny song from a movie...Eric Idle, being crucified, singing to the late Graham Chapman (RIP) who is also hanging on a cross in 'Life of Brian' 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life'. No matter how completely awful your day gets, that song still will always make you smile.
More+
Flag
There is no one better than Grumpyclown at finding what we want to see! Now I'm verklempt. Thank you very much. I so love that scene. For such a great producer to get a memorable moment like that in a big episode he was producing had to be a career highlight for him.
Flag
Career highlight and probably a secret wish of his
Flag
There are so many from South Park, the one above and Chef's "Suck on My Chocolate Salty Balls" were the first to come to mind.
I'll have to give this one some thought to try and come up with something a bit more obscure... Although The Mighty Boosh have contributed a few that qualify.
Flag
I was thinking of including 3 from The Mighty Boosh :

Flag
"I Love the Chosen One" is the greatest song ever created. Fact!
Flag
And "Love Games" is possibly the greatest song about a horny, ladyboy, half fish monster ever written - either that or "Clocks" by Coldplay...
Flag
Business Hours are O-VAH
Flag
2 minutes in heaven are better than 1 minute in heaven
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members