staff
General Topic Discussion
Discuss the topic: general-tv-discussion

Join in on the general-tv-discussion general topic discussion.

Discussion
Sep 27, 2018
Congratulations to former tv.com writers
Whilst watching Heathers, some familiar names appeared in the writing credits: Price Peterson, Ryan Sandoval and Lily Sparks.

I think Price originally left the full time staff to develop a series that didn't get picked up by Amazon.
So well done to them for getting that far.

I got the impression from an article here recently that this isn't available in the US, but it is worldwide.
I found Heathers to be pretty funny and would have watched another season if there was one.
Discussion
Jun 10, 2018
What are you currrently watching?
Update 13/10
Sharp Objects finally made it to the front of my queue. Very good, if somewhat disturbing. I'd recommend it. If you watch it, keep watching the end credits on the last episode, as there are important scenes included which confirm what happened.
For a change, I thought I'd catch up with three shows that were still airing. It turned out that I chose the worst one first, The CW's fantasy drama, The Outpost. It's now finished its first season and I probably wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't dreadful, but I felt the acting of a couple of the main characters wasn't great. Either that or it was the dialogue, I sometimes find it hard to tell which is the main problem. The use of green screens was quite obvious too. The actual story wasn't bad though. It has been ...
Read more
Discussion
Dec 24, 2017
Counterpart - New Show in Jan 2018
Just found this espionage/sci-fi thriller from Starz. The show airs on Sunday 21st January @ 8pm and the pilot episode is available to watch now. Check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxbxo_NfvM0
Discussion
Sep 06, 2017
Rick and Morty: Embrace Your Toxic Side
The idea to have the bad parts removed, much like Jerry was removed from the family, takes front and center in "Rest and Ricklaxation". A Sci fi machine removes the toxic side of Rick and grandson after a self destructive adventure that lasts 6 days.

The results are amazing, the paranoid and narcissistic side of Rick is left behind. So are Morty's crippling anxiety and self loathing. But this isn't a tool like Armthony, Morty can't really work his issues like this and becomes a full blown sociopath.

Turns out the machine works based on each individual's definition of toxicity, so Rick's crippling loneliness and irrational attachments are stuck on his toxic self, a toxic self that can't see the bigger picture and is desperate enough to merge back just to save the toxic side of his grandson.

We have seen Morty jealous, we ...
Read more
Discussion
Jun 28, 2017
Riviera - Worth a Miss!
If Sky Atlantic's Riviera is on your watchlist then delete now because it's absolute shite!
A British production, with Oscar-winning names involved, it was lauded as being the next hit after shows like Downton Abbey and The Crown. This could not be further from the truth folks! It's a £40 million disaster of epic proportions and no chance of a refund on the 10hrs needed to draw this conclusion.

Julia Stiles, the main protagonist, has all the charisma and acting ability of a wooden plank. Iwan Rheon aka Ramsey Bolton should have begged GoT to let him come back as a White Walker instead of leaving to film this. His performance as a slightly psycho, elder sibling, who doesn't understand the word no, is underwhelming. The other siblings, namely a self-harming sister and junkie brother, did little to convince me that decadent misery is better than ...
Read more
Discussion
Jun 01, 2017
Dave checking in...
Hi, people! I'm about to write a post on current viewings and want to know what you've been watching recently. I for one started to watch Ray Donovan on Showtime. The rest I'm saving for the post.

Old and new series are both welcome! So, what's you tv.com people been enjoying?

Around the corner are House of Cards and Fear The Walking Dead, while Game of Thrones is closer to the wimter season.

Cheers!
/Dave
Discussion
May 16, 2017
Genius (National Geographic)
I'm really enjoying this series about Einstein's life.
Is anyone else watching it?

If not, I definitely recommend giving it a go, but don't judge it by the first scene, which doesn't really have any relation to the rest of it.
Discussion
Dec 03, 2016
What new shows are you watching?
There doesn't seem to be that many decent new shows on this fall.
But, it may be that I've just missed them.

So, I'd be interested to know which new shows people are watching and would recommend.

The ones I can think of that I'm watching (not all US shows) are:
Berlin Station
Westworld
Frontier
Shoot the Messenger
Travelers
Timeless
Shooter
Designated Survivor
Modus

I also tried Mars, but didn't like the format, so gave up after a couple of episodes.

I've got Chance to watch, but haven't started it yet.
Discussion
Nov 04, 2016
Westworld - Behind the curtain

Join HBO's Westworld Delos Incorporated staff site, where you can read about the events behind the curtain.

Mind that: "Hell is empty and all the devils are here..."
Discussion
May 21, 2016
Alan Young, Wilbur on Mr. Ed, voice of Scrooge McDuck, has passed away
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/20/entertainment/alan-young-obit/index.html

I grew up on Mister Ed reruns and watched DuckTales as a kid, and Alan Young's performances were always just right. He was a very nuanced actor with comedy, never stole the spotlight but never phoned it in either, he seemed like a solid performer. Heck, he was in the 1960 The Time Machine as the friend and friend's son, such a natural performance that it fits perfectly and you don't even realize it's Wilbur - or at least, I didn't as a kid.

Three years ago, Young returned to lend his voice as Scrooge McDuck to the DuckTales Remastered video game, which took the NES classic game adding show actor voices and new cut scenes. Alan Young was 93 years old and making video games because the fans couldn't get enough of his ...Read more
Follow this Topic
Members