What am I doing here?
Fans Of Reality TV is becoming part of the community at TV.com.

TV.com is where TV lives online. It’s a place to find out more about your favorite shows, read episode reviews, keep up with breaking news, and join growing Communities with other fans. In short, it's the most complete TV site anywhere.

TV.com is made up of a group of television enthusiasts who love everything from Survivor to Master Chef and we’re dedicated to making the site the best destination for all things TV.

What happened to all my posts?
Unfortunately, as part of the move to TV.com we had to retire our old system, as well as the community posts along with it. We know that’s disappointing, but on TV.com you’ll be able to post photos, polls, links, and videos that will live side-by-side with with stories about your favorite shows.

Original posts that you create on the community pages are editable. So if you head over to the Dancing With The Stars community and write an 800-word review of last night's episode only to realize you've made a typo, it's easy to go back and fix it.

Where are the pages for the shows I like?
There are show pages for all of your favorite reality shows. Those that are currently airing are listed below, and you can easily find others on the site.

What should I do first?
Sign up and start posting! Once you’ve created an account, just search for your favorite shows and click on the ‘Community’ tab at the top of the page. From there you’ll be able to post messages and engage in other conversations your fellow community members have already started.

General Reality TV conversations: http://www.tv.com/topics/reality/community/

Popular Shows
We hope you will enjoy using TV.com!
69 Comments
Comments (69)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sep 11, 2018
Get MP3s legally I Actually fall in love with tv show :)
Flag
Sep 11, 2018
It'd be nice if The Amazing Race and Survivor guides could be updated to include current seasons...it has been mentioned by me on the site and via email quite a few times since Feb...........www.best.jobs32.com

Flag
Jul 26, 2018
Unfortunately, as part of the move to TV.com we had to retire our old system, as well as the community posts along with it. See More NEws HEre.................go.works7.ℭom
Flag
Jul 07, 2018
My apologies, as you're being tossed into TVCom, a site of which the management has been bungled for quite a while. Sadly, the TVCom staff (and CBSI Interactive) are not "dedicated to making the site the best destination for all things Tv More details.......http://www.tipfacts.com

Flag
Jul 22, 2018
If you're going to post spam links, at least use your own words, not mine.
Flag
Jul 01, 2018
A recent study showed that a couple Keto X Factor of third of the populace is now overweight, which means that there are virtually plenty of people accessible looking to lose weight however now not succeeding. if you are keen to get all the way down to a more fit weight, then probabilities are that you're going to want some help with your diet and natural Keto X Factor is one way to do that. What Do The Keto X Factor evaluations Say? whilst you read the opinions for this product, the primary aspect you will note is that it's miles extremely crucial to ensure that you purchase natural Keto X Factor and now not some inferior emblem.

Flag
Jun 18, 2018
It's obvious that this site is not providing the services former members of FORT liked. It is difficult to use and rather pointless. It's too bad the old FORT was taken over with this piece of . . . (whatever this is).
Flag
Jun 30, 2018
At this point, TVCom isn't providing any services, other than existing.
Flag
Jun 20, 2018
@annemik, you might find the services you're looking for here.
Flag
May 29, 2018
It'd be nice if The Amazing Race and Survivor guides could be updated to include current seasons...it has been mentioned by me on the site and via email quite a few times since Feb.
Flag
May 28, 2018
It really is a bit of a struggle to find each other. ET go home!
Flag
Jun 05, 2018
Good post!
Flag
May 30, 2018
Now to find the show threads... :P
Flag
May 28, 2018
Ugh! But finally here (I think)... :P
Flag
May 27, 2018
Hi! Old FoRT fogie here.

PM me if you're here and feeling lost, and we can talk about how to regroup!
Flag
May 28, 2018
And, yes, I do really know how to spell Fogey. LOL
Flag
May 26, 2018

The ads are annoying
Flag
May 26, 2018
Where are the discussion boards?
Flag
May 30, 2018
Right???
Flag
May 27, 2018
They got cut a year or so ago. The communities are supposed to be a substitute, You can start discussion threads there. You find all communities on the right sidebar. First by show, then you can see topic specific communities. However, there are only a handful of users left on this site, besides the editors who themselves are mere users.

Flag
May 27, 2018
Thank you for explaining! The format does take awhile to get used too. Lack of users is a huge drawback. But, I think we all enjoy the versatility of the threads we are used too, and the simplicity of the style at FoRT. Maybe, the next time they revamp the site, it will be a little more user friendly? Hopefully! Again, thanks!
Flag
May 27, 2018
I don't think there are "discussions", only comments. Dating back a few years on most communities from what I see.
Flag
May 27, 2018
Here's a good place to start:
Flag
May 26, 2018
I haven't figured out how to navigate the site - where are the forums?
Flag
May 30, 2018
Not a fan! We may have reconvene elsewhere... :(
Flag
May 27, 2018
There are some cool discussions here that you might want to explore!
Flag
May 27, 2018
I agree with MissGriss2
Flag
May 26, 2018
Looking for my Fort friends so we can get together again!
Flag
May 27, 2018
I have no clue what is going on here. Miss my FORT family too. I am saying hi & bye. This site isn't for me.
Flag
May 27, 2018
See Pikachu's reply to Mike-sGirl above! There's a cool link there!
Flag
May 25, 2018
The FORT mods should check out https://www.tapatalk.com. I don't know if there is a cost but it's very similar to the old FORT. So far, I don't under this TV.com at all.
Flag
May 27, 2018
Yeah. It's confusing. I found some good information here .
Flag
May 26, 2018
Tapatalk is free
Flag
May 26, 2018
I know there are a number of boards out there but I too dont know about cost. I lost two forums in the past. One re-emerged in a difficult and user-unfriendly format but the other used Proboards and it has been terrific! It is FREE.
I do hope someone really clever and creative can restart FORT - this site does not seem to serve the same purpose as FORT. I would be more than willing to help.

Flag
May 26, 2018
Old Fort members really should visit, if they are looking for a FoRT solution.
Flag
May 25, 2018
I don't get it either! Glad it's not just me. This format is not user friendly. I also had to change my username from Holly71 :(
Flag
May 27, 2018
Sorry that happened to you, Holly! See my comment to Indy1945 at the beginning of this thread.
Flag
May 26, 2018
Thats a shame. Check your PM, I think I know you.
Flag
May 24, 2018
Well this is highly disappointing and I couldn't log in to my old FORT username. This is not a user friendly site and I'm moving on to the better place.
Flag
May 26, 2018
If you find a better site, please let me know. This one not user friendly
Flag
May 27, 2018
See vanya53rd's comment below regarding "a better place."
Flag
May 21, 2018
A great 15-year message board had to die so that people could be herded over here like cattle? This place is a poor substitute. There has to be a better place.
Flag
May 21, 2018
Ouch! It sounds like merging a 16 year forum FoRT with an 10 year+ Forum is going through some bumps. Sorry if it seems intrusive to you all. It was the shock of being told you have to get out of your home and move whether you like it or not that has some FoRT members stunned right now. Deep breath.... we will try to reach out to each other while learning the ropes. Thanks for any guidance you wish to part on the logistics of this site.
Flag
May 21, 2018
Also, you'll have to excuse our interest, but "TVCom Staff" actually posting something in 4+ is the first sign we've really seen that they're taking an interest in the site.

Typically, trying to divine what CBSi has in mind for the site is a matter of reading the tea leaves, so to speak. :)
Flag
May 21, 2018
If it helps, you can read about a partial history of the site you're joining here:

And an analysis of the problems here:

I suppose the argument is that I'm biased. But then again:

1) Why would I be biased?

2) What am i saying that is factually incorrect? If it's a matter of interpretation, at what point does the interpretation fail? And if it is a matter of interpretation, why hasn't TVCom provided an explanation and/or absent facts over the years? We speculate when TVCom consistently fails to provide information.
Flag
May 21, 2018
No apologies necessary. The problem isn't that it seems intrusive. You're definitely welcome. It's that the announcement is incomprehensible and demonstrably false.

My apologies, as you're being tossed into TVCom, a site of which the management has been bungled for quite a while. Sadly, the TVCom staff (and CBSI Interactive) are not "dedicated to making the site the best destination for all things TV." At least, not since January 2019 when the last staff member who was in any position to keep any of those promises left. Reality shows (and many others, past and present) are missing episodes, have incorrect episodes and airdates), and the management has driven much of the contributor base away so that things that used to be added like cast, crew, competitor places, and so on, aren't entered.

Unless there's some kind of change in how the site has managed. But of course, that hasn't been announced, either, with or without details. It'd be nice to think that this represents some kind of turnaround for CBSI

it's basically a combination of CBS trying to expand their customer base through the simplest and most ineffective way possible "(We could improve customer service, or buy a site and force users to come to TVcom. Let's go with... the latter!"), and yet another corporate buyout/merging. They didn't think enough of you to send you to TVGuide, where most of CBSI's interest seems to lie.

I hate to sound like a downer, but sadly, you're probably not going to "enjoy using TVCom". Heck, FORTV seems like how TVCom used to be structured, forum-wise. But, I, and most of us, wish you the best of luck.
More +
Flag
Jul 22, 2018
"January 2018."
Flag
May 22, 2018
I think perhaps they were hoping our former Mod/admin team would take over for them, and would start doing, what should have been done for you all along. That's sad......
Flag
May 22, 2018
That seems unlikely. CBSI has shown no interest in having volunteers help out here. And have in fact undermined their efforts pretty consistently. They dumped the former mod/admin team from TVTome after a few years, saying staff would handle it. Then they dumped the staff.

For whatever reason, CBSI is seemingly paranoid about letting anyone but their own staff handle anything. Except for episode contributions. And then they just add (or allow to be added) bogus episodes, fail to add real episodes, and basically just undercut the contributors.
Flag
May 21, 2018
It's not like we're even being "moved" over here. Our site (and all its contents) is simply disappearing after 16 years and millions of posts/articles, and they are redirecting the domain here, thinking we'll just join here and start commenting in show threads that have been dormant for months/years. Not likely.
Flag
May 26, 2018
I'm really bummed about this change and it looks like that sentiment seems to prevail among the majority of users. It's too bad this happened, especially since this doesn't seem to be very user friendly. Aloha to all "formerly" aname.

Flag
May 21, 2018
In fairness, there's not really much else they can do. It's pretty unlikely they could import the forums there into TVCom here. The two don't appear to be compatible. And even if they did, it would likely cost more in time and resources that they want to expend.

I suspect CBSi has some belief that you folks will restart those dormant threads. Of course, them actually adding episodes would be a good start.
Flag
May 22, 2018
At least you apparently got tech support. One of the things you'll find out about TVcom--if you stay that long :)--is that there isn't any above-board tech support. The tech support we get is primarily behind-the-scenes-stuff, to keep the site running when it breaks down due to... well, lack of tech support. "Development" seems to spend their time treating the symptoms, rather than fixing the disease. They're relatively good at fixing the symptoms, but have never fixed the underlying causes of issues that us users see.

The primary bottleneck at TVCom is the lack of support, tech or otherwise. CBSI wanted to pretty much remove volunteers from the equation, and/or keep them out of the process... but then have let go of the staff that they brought in to handle the resulting workload. Or never hired them.
Flag
May 21, 2018
Believe me, we know what you're going through: we're going through essentially the same thing here. CBSI paid someone somewhere for it, and they seem loathe to let go of their investment. Or let volunteers handle it.

But given they were paying for tech support, the idea of moving it to a site where they're already doing tech support makes sense, of a sort. I imagine the demands of tech support at TVcom to keep it running take away from other sites that they own. They spend the minimum possible, which means that they have to pay more down the road. One of these days TVCom will go the way of FORT.
Flag
May 21, 2018
"...not much else they can do" -- they could not delete a 16 year old board for one thing. They could let us take it over and keep going with it independently as we have been all along. They had zero participation in the content or direction, all they provided was tech support. They never incorporated it into their plans or rebranded it -- it looks and functions the same way it has before the original acquisition 11 years ago. People have been running it voluntarily with no pay all along. Why simply delete it when it means so much to many people, and they would lose nothing in releasing it?
Flag
May 21, 2018
Welcome to the CBSI mentality: your experience pretty much sums it up.

For what it's worth, I don't think that they're "thinking" anything. Wishful hoping, at best. Consideration of cause and effect, future repercussions, and unintended consequences seem to be beyond the current management. If what they're doing fails, they'll be no repercussions, no apologies, no course correction. It'll be ruled a failure but not because of anything CBSI did, shoulders will be shrugged, and life will go on.
Flag
May 20, 2018
There's also the question of why TVCom is using the community promotion system to announce a community on the site.

If there was only a community where the site. Could make announcements. They could even give it a catchy name, like "Site Announcements".

Flag
May 20, 2018
Still feeling a little surprised about the move, but Hello everyone!!!!!
Flag
May 19, 2018
Part of the problem is the relative anonymity of the site managers, staff, and ownership. Using an anonymous "TVCom Staff" ID, and rehashing text from the "About TVCom" page (and sometimes false info: it's not "the most complete TV site anywhere" by a long stretch) isn't a good start.

A fair amount of this column is gibberish. The move to TVCom? What move to TVCom? This is TVCom. What old system? as of this writing, the old system is the current system. It's like someone was going out the door, and remembered that they need to post something for the weekend and grabbed text from old posts

So as is often the case, staff's statements just add to the confusion.
Flag
May 19, 2018
Or to put it another way, after 2+ months of staff being essentially in absentia, this is what we get? Like i said, it reads like a deadline assignment someone wrote as they were going out the door, with recycled information that is either gibberish, or if we're supposed to take it seriously means even bigger changes.

They're retiring the old system and moving to TVCom. What? This is TVCom, and we've been moved here for 10+ years. They're getting rid of community posts, and replacing the communities with... communities? The Reality community is a community. So they're using a community to post a thread saying that they're getting rid of communities? Does any of that make sense to anyone? Not interpretation, not wishful thinking, but actual "make sense"?
Flag
May 20, 2018
It may be so that Reality Shows was another site that has shut down and moved its content here. That makes most sense to the post.
Flag
May 21, 2018
it does appear that "Fans of Reality TV" is a different site. Judging from their site.

But that doesn't answer the question of why it is tossed in so abruptly, and without any explanation to anyone here.

Not to mention, if it's a site announcement, why isn't it in the Site Announcements forum? It's posted as a community thread, and then a featured community thread. The point of the main home page is to have "official" site news, and this sure seems like it.
Flag
May 20, 2018
It would make sense, if it said anything about that. :)

Maybe it's just me, but i figure folks who do communication for a living know how to... communicate.
Flag
May 18, 2018
Hmmm. Welcome staff member!
Who are we speaking to?
We´ve been here for a while, and are thankful for the newly revived featured posts. Whom are we to thank for that?

All is great with reality shows, but what about the rest?
Who will cover Westworld for instance?

Who are we to contact if we want posting and editing advice or help, the Feedback community?

Anygways, welcome back online, staff!!!
Flag
Jul 02, 2018
They shut down PMs to staff when the last staff person left. Sadly, it appears that there is no staff member to contact. Got a question? Users were asked in January 2018 to sent emails to support@tv.com - sadly, to date, not one of the emails any of us sent have been answered. And, as Gislef said, our requests to update guides with current episodes are being ignored.
Flag
Jul 03, 2018
Our requests to do anything are being ignored. Like deleting the hundreds of bogus episodes that the system has added. Probably not because of TIvo (the "source", according to Jessica's online resume), but just because the automatic episode-adding system is screwed in the head.

Which again raises the question, why does CBSI keep TVCom going? I can only figure at this point it costs less to keep it going in its greatly-hobbled format then to spare some Development people for a few hours to shut the site down. Which is... weird.

Somehow TVCom presumably makes money as a) an advertising platform, and b) a way to link to TVGuide and presumably drive traffic there.
Flag
May 19, 2018
Sadly, if they were interested in identifying who they were, they'd just come out and say it. Rather than hide behind an anonymous ID.

But secrecy and paranoia: that's the CBSI way!
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members