TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: TV.com General User Support: Can't change email address; oy vey, server error

Synetech

[1]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 22
    I cannot update my email address because the form keeps giving the error "Oy Vey, Server Error".
    Edited on 05/25/2013 7:09am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

laurameyer

[2]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 58

Synetech wrote:
    I cannot update my email address because the form keeps giving the error "Oy Vey, Server Error".

Pm a staff member they can fix it for you.

Synetech

[3]Nov 13, 2012
    No, that's not going to cut it. I'm not emailing a person every time I want to make a change; they should fix the bugs. (For the record, I had tried to PM a staff member, but I could not find a list of staff anywhere and I was not about to give out my email address to some random person.)

Besides, it's not just the email address that won't work, none of the settings in the "Account" tab of the preferences can be updated; changing the location, password, etc. ALL result in a "Technical Error".

I just tried to change my location because apparently TV.com thinks I live in the UK for some reason and is branding everything with the "UK" tag, showing listings for the UK, and bumping UK threads and forums to the top.
    Edited on 05/25/2013 7:09am
    Edited 4 total times.

Synetech

[4]May 25, 2013
    It looks like it is now completely impossible to change the email address; the field in the new page is read-only. Well I hope TV.com doesn't expect me to get any emails because that account expired over a year ago.

mandie2484

[5]Jun 5, 2013
    • level: 6
    I'm in the same boat. I tried to change my email from an old deleted address last fall, kept getting an error so I gave up. Trying again now, there doesn't appear to be an option to change it. What happens if I need a password reset?

Psychic_Sense

[6]Aug 17, 2013
    • level: 1

mandie2484 wrote:
    I'm in the same boat. I tried to change my email from an old deleted address last fall, kept getting an error so I gave up. Trying again now, there doesn't appear to be an option to change it. What happens if I need a password reset?

there are no options to change ***anything for users!

what on earth is tv.com playing at? I wanted to change my details when I realised it's not not like iplayer - ie free. It's all paid subscriptions.

Users should have the choice to delete their accounts (not just make it private) & change their user name and email address.