Forums: TV.com General User Support: Can't Do Anything On TV.com Under My Account

thespot

[1]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 21

I used another e-mail to sign up for a new account ontv.com. My old TV.com account as "thefanof" could do nothing except edit cast. I could not go to the forums, I could not open my message, I could not go to my mod que and I could not add episodes or edit episode guides. I think part of the problem may be that I am not able to turn "Internal Editing" at the top on or off, it is simply locked in off.

With the new account as "thespot" I am able to do all of these things, but there is no "Internal Editing" at the top. Hopefully this problem can be fixed soon as I edit a lot of shows on the site.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Felsig

[2]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 11
    The problem has been reported. In the meantime, there are some very long, laborious workarounds.

Hit the browser screen redraw. A lot. After about 1-10-20 tries, you will get your moderation screen. Or your submission field. Or whatever.

You will have to keep trying to bring up a sub in your queue until you can see it. And then you will have to keep hitting Accept or Reject until it goes through.

Ditto on PMs. Just keep trying and redrawing.

But you're not alone. Of course, most people who are suffering from it haven't noticed because it tells you the system is under maintenance (on Chrome and IE). Or they can't get online to report it because the bug keeps you from getting onto the forums to report it.

I'm working with etong and through her with Development. Since we can get to it eventually, it's obviously not a total wipeout so it should be fixable. I've just discovered the above, so hopefully it will expedite Development's fix.

Gislef/Felsig.

Felsig

[3]Aug 30, 2012
    On the other hand, the reset thing doesn't seem to be working this morning. Go figure.

thespot

[4]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 21

Any update on the problem? I don't want the mods to strip me of any of the guides because I can't access my que.

Felsig

[5]Sep 3, 2012
    They're aware of the problem, but no updates. Any news will be in the community announcement blog, but I doubt if they'll know anything until they know.

Since they know of it, they shouldn't be stripping any editors of shows and persons.

beowulf579

[6]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 59
    I'm back!
    Been about a week that I couldn't get on either but this afternoon I finally got access!