Forums: TV.com General User Support: Facebook Connect

agent_0042

[41]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 66
    If you want to try to somebody directly regarding the problem, you can e-mail the address support@tv.com

Can't say if it'll actually get you any further than you would get here, but that is the direct address. Oh, BTW, you can't close your account. Once you register with TV.com, you're a member for life.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SoWErA-SE

[42]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 8

I am so tired of tv.com asking me if I wanna connect with facebook everytime I visit tv.com why the hell can't they make an option to choose if you never wanna see connect with facebook?

KatieAdams2

[45]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 5

TV.com needs to make it available to unconnect with FB. I was in FB, was told to check out tv.com, went to tv.com and the moment I made an account BAM they are connected. I even changed my email on here hoping that would remove the connection to FB. It didn't; I thought that I tricked it, but while in FB I typed in tv.com and it automatically signed me in. That stinks.

mistaria

[46]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 7
    It has been almost TWO YEARS that this has been going on. Hey, tv.com, get a clue! I guess you don't care about your users.

Jcdx

[47]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 7
    Yeah, that annoys me immensely too. I connected accounts just to see what will change but that was a bad decision. If it wasn't too much bother I'd abandon this account and make a new one; not that I made many submissions on this one.

historyseeker22

[48]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 45
    Connecting my Tv.com and FB accounts was the biggest mistake ever. I planned on only doing it once, just to see what it was like, and it was a disaster. It's like the mafia, once you're in, you don't EVER get to get out.

alstonas

[49]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 2
    Is there any way to disconnect my FB account with TV.com? I have not faced any problem so far, but I need to separate my FB account from TV.com

archangelwho

[50]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 18

I don't link the two because what I use Facebook for is not the same thing I use tv.com but I also don;t use my real name on Facebook (I don't use my tv.com name either). The reason why is that too many people get fired or turned down for jobs, school, etc... based on their Facebook posting. I contact those I want to friend on Facebook ahead of time. If someone ask me "Do you have a Facebook page?" I can somewhat honesty say that "There is no John Hancock page." I just don't want my Facebook page full of my TV.com posting. I do invite my friends to join tv.com instead if they want to know my views about things all tv.

NickCoad

[51]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 1

I'll be making a complaint to Facebook notifying them that TV.com has violated the terms and conditions of Facebook Connect, I recommend you all do the same.

As a web developer, I've recently been sorting through all the various Facebook APIs etc and one of the conditions made CLEAR AS DAY is that you MUST provide an option for user's to disconnect their accounts from your site if they want to.

TV.com isn't doing this and is therefore in violation. Please people, complain to Facebook about this so something can finally be done about this problem. 2 years and not a single care from the owners of this site... absolutely shameful.

dju010

[52]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 88
    Can you provide us with a link to those Facebook rules? That might make it easier to file such a complaint.

Cliver123

[53]Aug 8, 2011

Happiness is not about being immortal nor having food or rights in one's hand. It's about having each tiny wish come true, or having something to eat when you are hungry or having someone's love when you need love.
    you want to connect in Facebook

but now I have no facebook

so what can I do now ??

PpayBorka

[54]Oct 11, 2011

Hey, i read something about that

AriSky

[55]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 36

If you look under Preferences >> Account (I think), there's an option to Disconnect. However, it failed to do so from the TV.com side of things, so I had to go to FB >> Account Settings >> Apps (on the left) >> TV.com; from there you can remove its permissions and hence disconnect your accounts. I just did so because I couldn't get my forum avatar to change from my FB profile pic to something else (and I'd really rather not have my FB profile pic as my forum avatar here).

Hope this whole issue is resolved soon.

firedrakes

[56]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 13
    well i have had a account with this site before facebook . but any time i log in. it tell me the damnedest to log into with my facebook account.... no i wont

angeldeb82

[57]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 12

Well, this login glitch is annoying, because it ALWAYS prevents me from logging into my account using my username or e-mail address and correct password! I was forced to log in using my Facebook account, but when will the "No Login" glitch be fixed?!