So is Development ever going to create some level 1 user spam filters for forum posts?
When Fresh Forums is totally unusable several times a day, it's probably reached a point where something (or something more) needs to be done. Ditto for having to stare at a dozen spam posts over a weekend.
There seem to be some precautions in place (coded links doesn't seem to be allowed), but there are also some that should be easy to implement. All geared to 1st level users, who shouldn't have a legitimate reason for at least the first two.
1) No @ in posts.
2) None of the 20-30 basic URL possibilities as text-only.
3) Certain words (vs and Watch come to mind).
Yes, Development will have to revisit their filters from time to time. And maybe they do. But if so, they need to take another look. There's nothing more guaranteed to frighten off a new user then a bunch of obvious spam.
the newest of our members' forums
- by tubekitty 07/23/14 4:04pm
- by kingnicky1 07/23/14 12:29pm
- by maltisingha221 07/23/14 10:59am
- by maltisingha221 07/23/14 10:57am