Forums: TV.com General User Support: How 2 Remove Facebook !!?!??!

mfmschaser

[1]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 11

Hi,

I connected my TV.com account with my FB account. But now it changes the picture that I have at TV.com to the one that I have in FB. + the real name,....

HOW DO I REMOVE or DISCONNECT my-self from Facebook on TV.com ????

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 66
    The short answer is apparently that TV.com doesn't provide such an option, in direct violation of Facebook's Terms of Service. For the long answer, read this stickied thread.

bowling255

[3]Sep 7, 2009

This worked for me

Scroll over "settings" at the top of your facebook page--but don't click it. Click on "Application Settings" in the dropdown menu. That gives a list of the apps you have added. If you don't see it change the "Show" from "Recently used" to "authorized" orsomething else. When you find tv.com click the x to delete it from your apps.

mfmschaser

[4]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    Tnx Bowling255 it worked. I just removed it from the "authorized" applications.
    Edited on 09/07/2009 12:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

skeeter291

[5]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 60
    I wish I would have know it was that easy!!! Thanks for the info Bowling!!!

Scott-

DaWacko

[6]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    Oh thank GOD for this solution. I was so mad and confused when I noticed this. Well, I don't remember well, perhaps I connected but even so, I've logged in many times and now it decided to put my real picture in my profile here. I want to use this but I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE MY REAL PHOTO

Thanks folks.

DaWacko

[7]Nov 23, 2009
    Sorry for the double, but now that I managed to remove tv.com from facebook and all - why it still shows my real pic (snagged from Facebook) in my profile? Drives me nuts. I tried to change icon/profile pics to the same duck I have here as avatar but no. If I have no choise, I'll delete this account and perhaps create new one (when I forgive tv.com)

agent_0042

[8]Nov 23, 2009
    You can't delete your account. In any case, I see you found how to set your profile to private, so nobody here can see that picture.

DaWacko

[9]Nov 24, 2009
    Yeah, I know you cannot actually "delete" the account, so I decided to make my profile private. Which btw took me 4 times. I changed to "private" and save changes and changed it back to public.

Buggy and badly working systems annoy the hell out of me.

I guess I have to stick with this option for a while. I am just annoyed that there is no way to change that pic... Sometimes I hope they'd spend time to fix the old stuff before throwing tons of new stuff to us, since there is lots of stuff that are no use for non-US people like me.

MoonCloud217

[10]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    im gonna say it in this thread also - please tv.com people, remove the facebook image from the profile, i'm not even connected with facebook anymore! why is it so hard to just get it done? so many users complained! and those who don't complain probably don't know the problems about it or don't know where to complain about it.

interbang

[11]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 13

There IS a way to change your profile pic, and you don't have to wait for the folks at TV.com to get around to it.

I, too, deeply regretted connecting my TV.com account with my Facebook profile, and even after disconnecting the two, was still frustrated for months by the fact that my Facebook profile picture remained as my profile pic here on TV.com. I tried every solution that I could think of to remedy the problem, but they were all to no avail.

Then, suddenly today, it dawned on me how to fix the situation. And it worked! Here are the steps to follow:

1) If your Facebook and TV.com accounts are not presently connected, connect them (I realize that this may sound counterintuitive, but this is actually necessary in order to solve the problem).

2) Once your Facebook and TV.com accounts are connected, change your Facebook profile pic to whatever you want your TV.com profile pic to be (in my case, I wanted to go back to what my TV.com profile pic had originally been -- the site's own generic Snoopy icon -- which suited me as being both anonymous and innocuous).

3) After a few minutes, log out of your TV.com/Facebook account, then log back in again. The new profile pic that you chose for Facebook should now also show up as your new TV.com profile pic.

4) Now, you want to UN-CONNECT your TV.com and Facebook accounts so that you never have any more problems like this again. To complete this step, follow the excellent instructions provided by TV.com user bowling255 in the third message above.

5) Once your TV.com and Facebook accounts have been de-linked, the TV.com account will retain the new picture that it pulled off your Facebook profile, and then you can go back into your Facebook account and restore your Facebook profile pic to what it had previously been. Since the two accounts are no longer connected, the profile pics and all of the information on each account will remain separate and distinct.

In the future, just make sure that you never link the two accounts again, or to undo the damage, you'll have to repeat the procedure outlined above (and who wants to go through all of THAT again!)

RalphWiggumFan

[12]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 14

bowling255 wrote:

This worked for me

Scroll over "settings" at the top of your facebook page--but don't click it. Click on "Application Settings" in the dropdown menu. That gives a list of the apps you have added. If you don't see it change the "Show" from "Recently used" to "authorized" orsomething else. When you find tv.com click the x to delete it from your apps.

Didn't work for me.

Maybe it's the curse of the new Facebook?

geoff-uk123

[13]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 10

interbang wrote:

There IS a way to change your profile pic, and you don't have to wait for the folks at TV.com to get around to it.

I, too, deeply regretted connecting my TV.com account with my Facebook profile, and even after disconnecting the two, was still frustrated for months by the fact that my Facebook profile picture remained as my profile pic here on TV.com. I tried every solution that I could think of to remedy the problem, but they were all to no avail.

Then, suddenly today, it dawned on me how to fix the situation. And it worked! Here are the steps to follow:

1) If your Facebook and TV.com accounts are not presently connected, connect them (I realize that this may sound counterintuitive, but this is actually necessary in order to solve the problem).

2) Once your Facebook and TV.com accounts are connected, change your Facebook profile pic to whatever you want your TV.com profile pic to be (in my case, I wanted to go back to what my TV.com profile pic had originally been -- the site's own generic Snoopy icon -- which suited me as being both anonymous and innocuous).

3) After a few minutes, log out of your TV.com/Facebook account, then log back in again. The new profile pic that you chose for Facebook should now also show up as your new TV.com profile pic.

4) Now, you want to UN-CONNECT your TV.com and Facebook accounts so that you never have any more problems like this again. To complete this step, follow the excellent instructions provided by TV.com user bowling255 in the third message above.

5) Once your TV.com and Facebook accounts have been de-linked, the TV.com account will retain the new picture that it pulled off your Facebook profile, and then you can go back into your Facebook account and restore your Facebook profile pic to what it had previously been. Since the two accounts are no longer connected, the profile pics and all of the information on each account will remain separate and distinct.

In the future, just make sure that you never link the two accounts again, or to undo the damage, you'll have to repeat the procedure outlined above (and who wants to go through all of THAT again!)

It didn't work.

Edited on 03/30/2010 10:28am

hitch80

[14]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 2
    hahaha..it worked...i saved tv.com default in fb..make it my profile photo and then disconnect the connection between these 2 accounts...now i have tv.com default image in my profile...thank you!!

G3ckOz

[15]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 13

I've tried that also and still no matter whether i change or not my facebook pic, with accounts connected and then disconnect, the SAME old picture i had on facebook still remains "alive" on my profile page here. It's so annoying. So i'd have to ask some moderators or administrators to please try and change my profile picture yourselves with the powers bestowed to you. Here's the link

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk89/ovinemesis300/2rdupuh.jpg

Thanks!

AirenBunte

[16]Feb 26, 2011
    • level: 2
    Hi hitch80, Please tell me how to do that. I have tried few times to do that but still no work. Please tell me the way.

algetrig91

[17]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 34
    bowling255 wrote:

This worked for me

Perfect solution.

Ca3naki

[18]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 8

Nothing works for me And now I have to have a stupid black thing in my facebook account, because I don't want any pictures with my face on here... Any other suggestions on how to get rid of the facebook photo???

Edited on 11/16/2012 11:59am