Forums: TV.com General User Support: Three Big Problems D:

Eternities22

[1]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 4

OK, I am currently experiencing three very frustrating problems on this website, and I would like them sorted as soon as possible please...

1. I do not have the ability to edit reviews. There is absolutely no sign of an edit review button next to the review I have just made, and if there is, it must be invisible (see below). I have tried in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Neither give me this option. If there is no option to edit a review? If so, why?

2.A fewtabs, such as the New Thread button, are white and therefore can't be seen. Why are they white? Again, I have tried both IE and GC, and they are all white in both browsers?

3. The most infuriating of all three is a glitch I have when changing preferences. No matter how many times I click the submit button and re-edit my preferences, they revert to the default settings. I am also unable to change my avatar or any images on my profile.

If you can help, thank you, because I'm very frustrated with these problems

Edited on 08/24/2011 5:31am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eternities22

[2]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 4
    Yeah, thanks everybody. Five days and not a single reply. Well, that's the TV.com customer service in a nutshell...

purplewowies

[3]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 18
    Eternities22 wrote:

OK, I am currently experiencing three very frustrating problems on this website, and I would like them sorted as soon as possible please...

1. I do not have the ability to edit reviews. There is absolutely no sign of an edit review button next to the review I have just made, and if there is, it must be invisible (see below). I have tried in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Neither give me this option. If there is no option to edit a review? If so, why?

2.A fewtabs, such as the New Thread button, are white and therefore can't be seen. Why are they white? Again, I have tried both IE and GC, and they are all white in both browsers?

3. The most infuriating of all three is a glitch I have when changing preferences. No matter how many times I click the submit button and re-edit my preferences, they revert to the default settings. I am also unable to change my avatar or any images on my profile.

If you can help, thank you, because I'm very frustrated with these problems

1. I THINK submitting a new review to the same area you submitted the old one will overwrite the old review. You can copy the text from your old review before you write your new one so that you can make changes to it.
    2. I don't know why they're white (though I suspect a problem with the site's code, not a browser), but they're not white everywhere on the site, and they still work, so I just don't pay attention. to it.
    3. The preferences (on my end) will not appear to change, but they will sometimes change anyway. (I had this problem when changing to my current avatar.) Check on the site (like in your profile or on a forum post) in between each click of the submit button.

Eternities22 wrote:
    Yeah, thanks everybody. Five days and not a single reply. Well, that's the TV.com customer service in a nutshell...

Honestly, a lot of the people who could've/would've replied to you are not staff (and technically, since you're not paying for access, you're not a customer either, but I digress... ). If you want a reply from a staff member on these issues, you should probably send a PM to one of them (though that also doesn't guarantee a reply back).
    Edited on 08/31/2011 10:53am