Forums: TV.com General User Support: TV.Com/CBS removed from Roku?

llvllatthews

[1]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 1

Hi all

I am not sure where people in this industry get their thoughts from, but I'm starting to think that the folks at CBS are getting their thoughts from the folks at the "low user ratings" dept. Now I understand that in the industry it takes money; most of it coming from advertisements that's just fact. But pulling TV.Com from roku sounds more like the kid on the playground who didn't get their way and now screams "well then you cant play with my toys".

Lets lay this out...

So what the wonderful folks at CBS are saying is, you cant watch their top shows unless you watch it on their channel on regular TV or by getting on your PC (which none of us pay for these channels). So what they mean to say is by no other reason than kick backs on money that roku refuses to pay them, they will not let their channel be added to the roku channel store.

CBS we don't pay you for the web channel or the TV channel. You get paid by advertisers who pay you to post their commercials and adds hoping it will entice us. You don't make the commercials they do. Seems to me you guys are getting a pretty good deal there.

Why is it you wont post your channel on Roku? Can you not display the same commercials you have on TV.Com? Is there some reason you want us to only view your channel on broadcast TV or on our computers? Granted I have a pretty big monitor but a lot of folks don't so watching on a PC kinda sucks for most.

I have recently removed cable/Satellite from my house and have switched to roku. The way of the future is this streaming media, and I'm on board. I believe that I shouldn't have to pay for the channels I don't want. If your looking for kick backs or money you could add a small monthly fee like hulu or netflix. I personally would pay just to watch NCIS/NCIS La and I'm sure my wife watches too so it would be worth it.

So as I close this post, I would like to state CBS I liked the way you moved towards the future of television; by including your top shows on line at CBS.com and TV.com, but you cant just stand still. The market and industry are still moving and growing with technology, its time you did too

Edited on 03/21/2012 10:20am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

llvllatthews

[3]Apr 5, 2012
    bump again

Come on guys. All im asking for is a paid subscription channel for roku and the other streaming boxes. Hell just release some api's so we can at least stream some of the content. Id be willing to create a channel on roku and have it approved by you folks before release if thats what it takes.

nm9p

[4]Apr 11, 2012
    As you said,
    It makes no sense to allow online users via the website and not allow users via ROKU and other set-top boxes. Perhaps the logic is that online users will be inticed into clicking on a variety of other links which would be unavailable via other aps.... But I can access the stream on my Kindle Fire via an android app. So what's the difference.

I have a 4 year old son and the only TV I get to watch is after he goes to bed. If it weren't for my DVR on DirecTV I would watch ANY of my favorite shots on CBS.... CSI, all three versions, Criminal Minds, the Mentalist, NCIS, and much more. CBS is about all I watch on network TV. But I am tired of paying over $90 a month just so I can time-shift my TV programs. I will be stopping this expensive service and using my ROKU box with Netflix & HULU Plus, and using my computer for other online time-shifting of programs. But I would be a much happier fan if I could use the ROKU box to show TV.COM programs on my 42" TV with surround sound.

Get with the 21st Century CBS!

llvllatthews

[5]Apr 21, 2012
    And thats the thing

Alot of people dont have pc's hooked up to their tv's. This seems to be the only way to watch CBS shows on your tv without cable or broadcast. These new set top boxes are very cheap and alot of people are buying them.

I really think this is something that CBS should really get into.

apswartz

[7]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 12

I would add my voice to those calling upon CBS to make TV.com available on Roku. Please make this happen.

jessicakroeber

[9]May 24, 2013
    • level: 38

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback on this issue! We will take your thoughts into consideration! We understand why Roku is helpful!

Jessica, TV.com Staff.

margarethturner1

[10]Dec 30, 2013

wtf.....it would be really nice to have some daytime tv on for the noise while I go through my day, but since I'm not willing to pay for it through the satellite companies I don't get the privilege.