Forums: TV.com General User Support: Unable to add a show as a "favorite"

archangelwho

[21]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 19

Thanks for the updates. At less I'm not along. It seem the old shows are dieing even on tv.com. I just got this box set of old B/W 50s sci-fi shows and have really have enjoyed them. I know there will be little to none action on their forums but I still would like to add them to my list.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wolfriend

[22]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 8
    AngeliqueH wrote:
    It's the iframe for the Facebook like that's laying on top of the heart icon making it inaccessible (invisible, but when using add-on Firebug, you can remove the iframe and then you're able to use the heart-favorite button...). Probably a Firefox 4 issue.

Thanks so much for this information. I'm still on Firefox 3.6, but your comment about the iframe made me realize I could use my Adblock Plus to block the frame. Worked like a charm! Gotta love that Adblock Plus!

meeshluv

[23]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 25

wolfriend wrote:
    AngeliqueH wrote:
    It's the iframe for the Facebook like that's laying on top of the heart icon making it inaccessible (invisible, but when using add-on Firebug, you can remove the iframe and then you're able to use the heart-favorite button...). Probably a Firefox 4 issue.
    Thanks so much for this information. I'm still on Firefox 3.6, but your comment about the iframe made me realize I could use my Adblock Plus to block the frame. Worked like a charm! Gotta love that Adblock Plus!

I'm also having the same problem. But I do have ABP installed in Firefox 3.6, so can you just give me a quick rundown of how to do it?

jwgrlrrajn

[24]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 23
    That doesn't work for me. I have firefox with ABP and I still have to do that IE workaround. (have to click the upper left hand corner of the icon, it's annoying)

cringer00

[25]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 1

Yes, the Facebook iframe is blocking both the favorites and also the review feature. I can't add a show to- my favorites that does not include a top video banner. The key is the video banner. If a show has one, then it doesn't interfere. But, if the facebook LIKE is right above the "favorites (heart+)" and "review (pencil)" then the links are overlaid by the iframe. I am using Firefox v5.0

captou

[26]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    i have the same problem! i click "add to your favorites", and when i do, it tells me the show has been added - but it doesn't show up in the list. i'm using firefox.

SparkleFarkle

[27]Aug 17, 2011
    • level: 46

*sighs* Looks like I'm in the same boat.