Forums: TV.com General User Support: US TV.com please not default UK TV.com

USversion

[1]May 5, 2012
    • level: 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help. I'm in the UK but I don't want UK listings or UK shows for example when I click on 'shows' at the top.

I used to be able to get US but now I'm stuck with UK which makes the site harder to use and frustrating. There doesn't seem to be any link for the US, a bit of googling shows others with this frustration, I don't understand why this had to change.

Anyone have a solution?

Many thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nilla_chelle01

[2]May 7, 2012
    • level: 55
    Hi there,

If you wish, you can download the US TV.com cookie to your browser, which will tell the site to always serve you the US version of TV.com. Go here to set that cookie:

http://www.tv.com/?region=us&set_user_region=us

After you visit this site, going to www.tv.com will always default to the US version of the site. If you wish to go back to the UK version, just clear your cookies and the site will go back to the UK default.

USversion

[3]May 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply but it didn't work. I can use it as a link to get to the front page but click on anything else and it defaults to UK. I assume it's because of advertising. But I'm not going to waste any more time on it, I guess i'll use the site if I really really want to know something but otherwise I won't bother. It's a shame as it was good for browsing finding out what programmes are coming out in the US but instead I get a list of UK programmes which I already know about, so it's become a bit pointless.

Thanks again .