Forums: TV.com Ideas: A forum for new show ideas - where you suggest & or vote on idea submission

Have An Idea For A Series? If So, Would You Want A Forum To Submit Your Idea?

srebak

[21]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 18

SOMEONE CRITIQUE MY IDEA, PLEASE!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[22]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 66
    My critique is this - if anyone here is actually serious about creating a show, posting details about the show in a public forum like this one is ill-advised. You should hire a lawyer and possibly an agent if you think there's a chance your material might actually be accepted.

DannyCrabtree

[23]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 1

Were you bullied at school?

Hi everyone,

Im looking for people willing to take part in a tv programme idea pilot about bullying at school.

Im looking for people that were bullied at school, preferably adults, but any school leavers are fine, the idea is to get each party to meet up again and talk about the ordeal, whether the bullying had any affect on the individual or what the bully now thinks about what they did.

this is just a fresh idea at the minute and would like to hear from anyone,

Thanks, Dan.

DannyCrabtree

[24]Feb 25, 2011

Are you addicted to video games?

Hi everyone Im looking for people that are addicted to video games, preferably adults, for a tv show pilot, if you fit this criteria please get in touch.

DannyCrabtree

[25]Feb 25, 2011

Are you disabled and looking for work?

Im looking for people who are disabled and looking for work or finding it hard to get work due to being registered disabled, have you had any ordeals in a workplace over disability, if so please get in touch.

DannyCrabtree

[26]Feb 25, 2011

Are you looking to do medical trials?

Are you looking to do medical trials, have you done medical trials before, have you done medical trials and wish you never did?

im looking for people for a tv show pilot, please get in touch if this is you?

srebak

[27]Feb 28, 2011

I aspire to be writer and my ability to write stories for books has more or less gotten quite good. I've even attempted fanfiction for a few animated shows. But when it came time for me to want to try my hand at actually trying to write a premise for a TV show, I've come to realize how hard this really is.

My first attempt was a show about a team of living Constellation animals on a quest to locate the powerful rings of Saturn before an evil Constellation does. But when i finally got a critique about that, i was told it was too generic.

My second try seemed a bit better. A series about a scientist and his intern being marooned on an uncharted island full of unusual creatures and plants, where they locate information about a lost civilization and are being stalked by a secret paramilitary organization. But i was told that this idea was a combination of 3 that were already used by two different shows and an old movie

Now, my third attempt is the one i just posted earlier, about three kids given divine powers from three artifacts that they located. And are now on a mission to stop and evil Greek Witch, a demonic Egyptian monster and a Norse Ice deity and their evil minions. All with the help of the wise and powerful Oracle of Delphi. But my problem is that this also seems like an idea done to death.

I just don't know what to do, I just can't think of an idea that hasn't already been done.

agent_0042

[28]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 66
    It's hard to come up with an idea that's entirely new. What you want is a new spin. You should think about developing characters and outline so you can present what is unique about your series.

Reading through this site may be an invaluable resource for those that are interested in this sort of thing - http://tvtropes.org

It's called Television Tropes and Idioms and it's all about things that are common to TV Shows and other media, for example, if you have a phrase that shows up a lot like "I don't pay you to think!" or a common moral that you're trying to teach - TheAesop.

RachelEdwards

[30]Mar 10, 2011

I think they should have something like American Idol but have American Actor for those that want to be an actor.

srebak

[31]Mar 17, 2011

Secrets all around us

Synopsis:
    For years people have either considered, disregarded or searched for evidence of certain classes of creatures; paranormal, magical, cryptic, even supernatural. Such creatures included; The Yeti, fairies, the Chewpacabra, aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts and the Loch Ness Monster. But people don't realize is that these creatures not only exist, but are actually in league with one another. For many years now, magical creatures, Supernatural beings and all the rest have teamed up for one common goal; to protect each other from humanity. They are an organization known as The Secrecy. With technology they've pinched over the years and magic spells, talismans and artifacts that some of the members have contributed, The Secrecy has managed to create false leads and sightings for the general public to better find ways to survive (for example; the Loch ness Monster was said to be a hoax, but that actually was hoax to help Nessie leave Scotland altogether). But now the organization faces its greatest threat; a former alien Secrecy operative who has seized control of a major human business empire and now is on a mission to expose The Secrecy. The organization also must deal with a variety of crisis', be they magical, paranormal, etc.

DerHub

[32]Mar 24, 2011
    i think the best shows have always had the most simple premise. After all, the premise is gone after the first season. then you're left with good writing and good actors (or not). We got used to the unusual premise of Big Love after the first season. after that it was the story of a man and his wife, and his wife, and his wife. so, if i was going to come up with a premise it would be on the order of Upstairs / Downstairs. i've only seen one US attempt at that British class relationship kind of show. it was called "Beacon Hill". it lasted one season and lost a lot of money for CBS but since 1975 there have been a lot of successful British themed movies and TV shows. It was Upstairs, Downstairs but took place in 1920's Boston. i don't believe there is any period piece shows on TV right now, is there?

Caee

[33]Jan 28, 2012
    someone should come up with a show thats called to catch a cougar kind of like that show catch a predator
    instead cougars are being caught that would be pretty funny

dotfel

[34]Sep 16, 2012

I got the idea from BBC show "Keeping up Appearances"

A family with names of flowers - violet, Rose, Daisy, etc.

A family with names of seasons - Autumn, Winter, Summer, Spring.

A family with names of gems - opal, pearl, Ruby,etc.

A family with names of months, Apr, May, June, Aug, etc,

A family with names of colors, Violet, etc.

These families could live in the same subdivision or be related. I think there could be a lot of funny

episodes from this scenario(sp).

I do not expect any credit for this idea. Anyone can use it.

Edited on 09/24/2012 6:59am

TinaKang

[35]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 2

hey

TinaKang

[36]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 2
    um

Seniortoker

[37]Nov 23, 2012

I had a dream.

In my dream I watched SNL in an Old Age Home.The crew was made up of some of the original actors,and the new actors.It was very funny seeing Eddie Murphy selling nickle bags at a back window,and bringing Mushrooms to the Senior Pizza Day.They went on guided tours of local factories,and attended Town Hall meetings covering such subjects as Elections,Hemp,and other community issues such as ID CHIPS..they atatched their Chips to buses,trains,local Gov Vichicles,ect.The even put the Chips in a bowl,and drew from the bowl each day;noboey knew who was who on the Tracking Screen,or if the person being tracked was really the person they were trecking..Living in an Old Age Home has unlimited directions to explore.Old guys like me (65) would find it to be too funny,almost!

Jerry Alexander

barryhoff

[38]Feb 15, 2013

Costner did such an excellent job on "Hatfields and McCoys, especially for those that love history/cowboy type movies.) I recently read a book about the area in which I live. It is written by a local, historically accurate, and for a movie, Hatfields pales in comparison. Arizona was stalled in becoming a state for twenty years because of the bloodletting of this feud. It started with two cowboy/wrangler types that were close friends. It ended in a feud that encompassed the entire state. I would call the movie "Tom and Ed". The book I'm citing is entitled "The Pleasant Valley War" by Jinx Pyle. Anyone that reads this book and liked Hatfields and McCoys.....they will be convinced. With the popularity of "Tombstone" there is already a public interest in Arizona. If I had Costners talent and backing.....That's what I would be doing tight now. If I had the connection, I'd get this to him personally. The book reads like a Movie with an unbelievable ending. Especially if you know this country! I just want to get this idea out there! I welcome any suggestions or contacts!

krystiankowalczuk

[39]May 18, 2014

TV Show Idea -

TV Show Idea: Chorizo - He's a tough Spanish sausage maker with a fierce temper, eye for the ladies and an in-depth knowledge of paprika

krystiankowalczuk

[40]May 18, 2014

https://www.facebook.com/tvshowideas