Forums: TV.com Ideas: Bring Back the Pie Charts (and more) Please!!

ChicksHateMe

[1]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 8

One of the main reasons I started coming to TV.com was to learn the details about shows to see if I would have any interest in them. Then I would "catch-up" by either watching reruns, or renting full season DVDs.

One of the reasons I KEPT coming back to TV.com was because I felt the Pie chart actually showed a true rating of a show, not just a number. It showed whether a show had people who loved it or hated it (50% green and 50% red, or if the trend was more liked it and few hated it. If you saw them before, you know what I mean.

I think that's one of the things I miss the most with the new design, and I just realized it.

I hope that they will bring that back.

Two other things I really wish they had would be;

1. The ability to sort shows we add to favorites our own way, or at least make it clickable so we can sort on OUR Rating, or Total Rating or Date added, and not just by name.

2. Make a shows rating total out for a season as well as the shows overall rating. I would like to see whether a show increases, or decreases over time. one number, with or without a pie chart, doesn't tell me as much about a long running show as I would like. This siite has the data, it's just a matter of letting us see it.

Thanks for listening.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

that70sguy92

[2]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 16
    I miss the pie charts, too.

The_Silverfoxx

[3]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    I miss the pie charts, too.
    me three

ChicksHateMe

[4]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 8

I wondered how many didn't get to see what it looked like, so I looked in the web archives to try tto find one. I only found one, most didn't get the pie chart image saved.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060427181309/www.tv.com/1-million-dollar-edition/episode/274943/summary.html

I hope this works. I wish I had a better example that showed all the levels. It really did show the overall concensus on how a show was seen by a large group, even though we may feel different, I felt the pie chart, along with knowing the genre, made this place a nice way to find shows to watch that I never got to see in busier days. Now , once I find them here, I go out and rent them from netflix or something. They should make a link to netflix or similar to make some money so we can afford more pie hehe.

KingofIPirates

[5]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 32
    The Pie Charts were great visual indicators, I was disappointed when they were removed but hopefully they will be back in the next redesign.

pudgebyrd722

[6]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 51
    I've only been here a few weeks, but I would like to see pie charts [again], too. Sounds interesting. I also wish the amount of profile views would show up on us newbies' profiles. Lucky people that have been here over a year!

Jeric-Ho

[7]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 34
    I too miss the Pie Charts, they were a great feature when i first came to the site ad it gave more in depth details of show and episode ratings other than the now boring 1-10 rating bar, which in my opinion still does not work correctly, a few times i have bee the first to rate a new show or an episode and it still does not register my vote. I never realised until i came across this topic how much i actually missed the pie chart visual stats.

beavis69a

[9]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 2
    What happened to "Last Night On TV" section on the home page? And without asking the zip code and stuff please!

drdan2410

[10]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 52
    I agree the pie charts were great. Unfortunately like a lot of things they were scrapped in the redesign and replaced with lots of text which makes it difficult to find what you are looking for on the site. In fact the move from images to text is one of my main gripes about the redesign. The site is just too wordy now to navigate at a glance.

Chuck_Off

[12]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    I liked the pie charts but bringing them back would mean we would have more glitches.

lyokophantom

[13]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 36

I very much miss the pie charts. I have recently lost my Child Blocks and Swashbuckler emblems and the pie chart would tell me if I've dropped from that '10% of my overall shows' status. "...and 10% of them are Action/Adventure." Thank you for the revisit to the old page. It was nice to go back, if only for a glance.