Forums: TV.com Ideas: Chat rooms per episode/show/genre

ChicksHateMe

[1]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 8

I wonder if TV.com will ever have chatrooms for tv shows?

Might be nice to have one chatroom per show. Could talk about the shows real time and may reduce spoilers in reviews and forums.

I wonder if they'd be packed in, or barely used.

I'd like to chat once in a while with people on here with like interests.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    I think the forums are good enough. I don't understand the attraction of chatting with a large group of people. Everything gets so confusing. People who want to chat with a small group of people they have met in the forums can use PMs to trade IM addresses and use AIM or another method of chatting without having to involve tv.com.

Mac-Ale

[3]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 60
    Actually, since most chats only have one emblem for many chats, there are only about 20-40 people who even show up anymore. And that's on advertised chats that only occur every few months.

There would be no one to moderate daily chats, especially 10-24 hours a day.

danbambridge

[4]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 89

I agree with the above replies, I don't see the appeal of constant chat rooms. Most people just complain about them anyway, they are either boring or so confusing with the sheer number of posts. Refreshing a forum page every couple of minutes isn't too hard, if the episode was that chat worthy then there should be plenty of new posts to keep you occupied.

Plus tv.com has seemingly limited resources, setting up so many many chats is just wasting time they can spend on improving the site. There will never be enough mods to handle the chats, anyone can say they'll 'volunteer' to mod the chats but without experience that doesn't really mean much.

count-chocula

[6]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 47
    cuca85 wrote:
    Hello!

Hello!

I agree with the other above posters, this would be a nice idea, if it worked out properly: but there are just too many possible flaws.

Lion4Life

[7]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 30
    I'd rather see them fix the chats they have now. Sounds like there was a problem with the Emmy chat tonight and I couldn't get into either of the last two fall premiere chats.