Forums: TV.com Ideas: "new posts" indicator in "my forum posts"

sramv9

[1]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 22

I would love it if I could tell, when in my profile looking at "my forum posts" whether there have been any new posts to a particular thread subsequent to my latest post. I know that each fourm page for each show indicates whether I've replied, whether there are new posts, etc. and that's a great feature, but for this I'm talking about an indicator (e.g., "number of new posts", or even just bolding the ones that have new, or having a symbol if any new) for each thread I've replied to right there in my forum posts. That way I don't have to go and check every show's forums page, I can just look in "my forum posts" and see where the new activity has happened.

this is a great site and has amazing features, but this would just make it even better, and I theorize this would also enhance and increase activity and discussion on the boards.

Edited on 11/01/2009 12:43pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jeric-Ho

[2]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 34
    sramv9 wrote:

I would love it if I could tell, when in my profile looking at "my forum posts" whether there have been any new posts to a particular thread subsequent to my latest post. I know that each fourm page for each show indicates whether I've replied, whether there are new posts, etc. and that's a great feature, but for this I'm talking about an indicator (e.g., "number of new posts", or even just bolding the ones that have new, or having a symbol if any new) for each thread I've replied to right there in my forum posts. That way I don't have to go and check every show's forums page, I can just look in "my forum posts" and see where the new activity has happened.

this is a great site and has amazing features, but this would just make it even better, and I theorize this would also enhance and increase activity and discussion on the boards.

I agree this is a good idea, as i have often posted in a forum and forgot to go back and reply, even possibly a auto PM feature which sends out automated PM's to your inbox letting you know there have been any replies, but to stop your inbox becoming full have an option to select which topics you wish to receive auto PM's for so you don't get a PM on everything you so.

agent_0042

[3]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 66
    Basically just a "subscribe to this topic" feature. It's not unusual-- plenty of forums have them and I've often lamented the fact that this one doesn't. I certainly wouldn't mind having such a feature. Some forums will even send you e-mails about replies, but that might be something TV.com might not want to do because it would be a drain on the server...