Forums: TV.com Ideas: Technical Issues with TV dot com...specifically, excessive commercial volume

cknapp1961

[1]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 1

091415DEC2012

The TV dot com audio (sound) engineers are just as lazy and incompetent as broadcast audio engineers. Specifically, I, like many home video/audio philes run my TV audio through my home Surround Sound stereo system. Though the FCC does allow commercials to be broadcast at a louder volume than the shows (which means someone lobbied to get that approved because normally one would assume that shows and commercials would be broadcast at the same level), I find it inconsiderate to my apartment dwelling neighbors that the audio on commercials seems to be about 50 percent louder than the show immediately preceding the commercial. Unless I have my remote control in hand, the audio of commercials must drive my neighbors insane.

Please, tv dot com, adjust your commercials so they are EXACTLY at the same volume as the show for the 5 minutes preceding and following the commercial.

Thank you for your consideration.

Craig Knapp

age 51

anonymous posting is for wimps! craig.knapp1@yahoo.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheOutcaste

[2]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 11
    cknapp1961 wrote:

091415DEC2012

Though the FCC does allow commercials to be broadcast at a louder volume than the shows (which means someone lobbied to get that approved because normally one would assume that shows and commercials would be broadcast at the same level)

On Dec. 13, 2011, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted the rule that commercials cannot be louder than television shows anymore.

This has been in the works since 2008, when the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act (CALM Act) was initiated by United States Senator Roger Wicker.

Search on "TV commercials cannot be louder than TV show" to find info.

FRANCISCODake

[3]May 2, 2013
    • level: 2

hi ! i am your new member i like it, i'm really like your effort.