Forums: TV.com Ideas: WatchList Feedback/Suggestions

etong87

[1]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 38

Hey guys!

What do you all think of the new WatchList? Any feedback/suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Edited on 10/22/2009 10:48am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

studog2961

[2]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 55
    I know it is beta...but I think getting it to actually work should be a first priority. Mine still doesn't work for a couple key CBS shows like NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and Ghost Whisperer. Actually the only show mine does work on is Family Guy but I'm not sure it is actually working...because it never leaves?

agent_0042

[3]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 66
    Yeah, what else can I say, other than that? Get it to work-- make it so that the shows you add actually appear as they should, that repeats aren't listed as new episodes, etc...

KimElsifor

[4]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    Well, I would like it if I could find character actors in specific episodes of shows, I'm not talking about listing all of the actors, but the key ones would be nice. For example I am watching Bones: The Woman at the Airport and I am trying to figure out who this character actress is that resembles Cloris Leachman, I've seen her in other things and it's drivign me nuts, but I can't even find a list of supporting actors for the show or this episode.

agent_0042

[5]Oct 26, 2009
    Sounds to me like you're just not fully familiar with how to use the site yet. What you do to find any episode for the show is first go to the guide for the show, in this case, here. You can then click on Episode Guide at the top and then you click for the season that you want and finally the episode itself. Once you're there, scroll down until you see Episode Cast and Crew. It should be there, but if by some chance it's not, click View All to get the complete listing for all cast in the episode. If for some reason you still don't see who you're looking for there, then it's possible that they're just not listed. TV.com is mostly user-submitted, so anyone who's a member of the site can contribute missing information.

Another easy way to find TV.com's listing for the episode is search for Google for "TV.com" (in quotation marks) and then the title of the episode, again in quotation marks. Like so. Usually if you do that, the episode page at TV.com will be the top result.

CrazyeXo

[6]Oct 27, 2009
    I am missing Mythbusters...

But i would like to see that you can turn your own watchlist into a RSS feed, were you can see on your own page when the new airdate is with some information about that episode.

MaStAViC

[7]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 6

Suggestion: Even if a show isn't going to air in the next seven days, under the section "Not airing in the next seven days," the title text of the shows should be linked to the show's tv.com pages so we can find out more about the show, such as when the next new episode will air.

Thanks for this feature! I placed a suggestion over a month ago for something that seems to be completely identical to this here .

Oh, and I agree with what the others said about this feature not working completely yet. As another poster pointed out, a new episode of Ghost Whisperer will air on 11/6/2009, which is four days away, but it doesn't show up in my Watchlist as playing this Friday. Heroes and Fringe, both of which have new episodes this week, also doesn't not show up in the top part of the Watchlist section.

Thanks.

Edited on 11/02/2009 12:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

studog2961

[8]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 55
    Seems my watchlist is kinda working...yet the rest of the site is broken. Medium, NCIS and Family Guy have popped up on my watchlist...however some are still missing.

MariaNovi108

[9]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    To the powers that be -- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use proper alphabetization with your show titles (i.e on Watch List)! "The Office" should be filed/alphabetized under O, NOT T -- "The Sopranos" should be under S, not T, "Amazing Race" should be under A, not T, etc. etc. etc. Look in any grammar or style book and you'll see that this is the correct method. Same goes for any show starting with "a" or "an." You do it correctly under "Favorites" -- please do so for "Watch List" as well. Thanks!

agent_0042

[10]Nov 9, 2009
    The didn't used to do it properly under Favorites, that was only a recent fix. Of course, it created another bug in the process...

rondell3_gy

[11]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    Its a nice idea but it doesn't work properly on the main page. Its telling "No new episodes this week" and giving me suggestions of other things to watch, which is nice, but I'm well aware that some of the shows I added to my watchlist are on tonight. The actual watchlist page it seems to work better, but still not well cause its telling me one of my shows doesn't air in the next 7 days and when I click on the show page its says the next episode is due to show on friday.

Seriously guys, I know its in beta and all, but you're a major site, part of cnet and its been out a few weeks now. Its not acceptable.

jull1234

[12]Nov 14, 2009
    absolutely something more needs to be done with shows that aren't airing this week. At least show when the next episode is supposed to air. I'd really like a time-line view showing the air dates of past and (probable)future seasons.

drdan2410

[13]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 52
    I think this was a great addition to the site but being British I have had no call to use it yet. ALl I can say is bring on the UK version!

MaStAViC

[14]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Please get this feature to work. I have been a member of TV.com since the first week it started (I used to visit it's former site), and the WatchList is the best new feature I've seen since TV.com started.

Many shows that are airing this week are stated in my WatchList to not air anytime in the next seven days. Among the shows are Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Glee, Heroes, and Smallville.

Thank you.

agent_0042

[15]Nov 16, 2009
    Same for me. It seems to have gone into complete breakdown mode-- even the shows that normally do show up for me are now not showing.

Edit-- it's working again, sort of. It correctly shows that Medium is airing a new episode. Reality shows are also now being listed, but they show as not airing new episodes. Same for The Mentalist, which has a new episode listed for this Thursday, but it's not showing as having a new episode in the Watchlist.
    Edited on 11/17/2009 5:31pm

FredKlein

[16]Dec 16, 2009
    It seems to me that all episodes on the regular time slot are tagged as "new" even when they are reruns. Besides that: nice feature

BigBSmartOne

[17]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 11

Hello, I love the idea of this WatchList! As others have mentioned, my Watchlist is listing episodes as "new" even though they are re-runs. It wold be great if episodes that were new this week would be green and if episodes that were re-runs would be yellow or some other color to distinguish the two, then tv.com users could see if the episode was new or a re-run and whether the episode was new or a re-run, they could get information about the episode that was playing.

Something else that I would love to have availible is if there were two tabs under "YOUR SHOWS." One would say "This Week" (as it currently does) and the other would say "Coming Up" or "Returning" or something like that, and under that tab would be listed each show and next to each show would be the date that that show was airing next. This would be especially helpful if a show went on hiatus, after the winter break, or between seasons. It's always nice to know when a show will be returning.