Forums: TV.com Ideas: What would you want in a character guide?

nilla_chelle01

[1]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 55
    In an effort to keep TV.com the most comprehensive source of television information found online, we're in the process of creating a new type of guide to go along with with our show and person guides. Character guides have been long-requested by our users, and we're now starting to focus on bringing these to you. But we need your help! What would you want to see featured on a guide that is solely about your favorite television character? What aspects would be most important to you? We'd love to see what you come up with, and maybe we'll be able to incorporate your ideas into our final design.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mac-Ale

[2]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 60
    I've always been opposed to character guides because there is already enough "user opinion" and near "fan fiction" in a lot of trivia on this site and I see it as encouraging that sort of thing.

If there has to be one, I suppose I would want it as something like the summary on the program home page, and I would certainly hate it if people could be "editors" for characters. But I would still rather see the REAL men and women who make TV (main cast and crew) on the program homepages.

laurameyer

[3]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 58
    For charcter guides
    we need to know there job and how they got it.
    there likes/dislikes
    if they have a family
    Mabybe how the character came to be.

skeeter291

[4]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 60
    I would go with something simple like the character's name, a short bio of the character, information about if that character did any crossovers to another show and a link back to the actor that played the character. And if possible a picture of the character. I DON'T think there should be editors or forums for the character guides. Any forums for characters should be linked back to the actors guide forum. Example: If I go to the James T. Kirk character guide and click the forum link it should take me to the William Shatner person guide and that fourm.

Scott-

mackymacaspac

[5]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 78
    skeeter291 wrote:
    I would go with something simple like the character's name, a short bio of the character, information about if that character did any crossovers to another show and a link back to the actor that played the character. And if possible a picture of the character. I DON'T think there should be editors or forums for the character guides. Any forums for characters should be linked back to the actors guide forum. Example: If I go to the James T. Kirk character guide and click the forum link it should take me to the William Shatner person guide and that fourm.
    Scott-

I mostly agree with Scott's idea: Character full name, aliases/nicknames (if any), actor(s) who played the character [linked], short bio, a chronological list of episodes the character appeared in (similar to Credits/Appearances section of person guides -- linked), no need for Quotes section since those can probably be found in the episode guides already. If videos and photos are available, that's good too. If staff can handle the load, I agree with not having editors as well.

IndianaMom

[6]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 54
    skeeter291 wrote:

Scott-

I agree, but I think there should be a link to the show as well. The editor of the show guide should be the editor of the character guides, IMO.

lord_ratman_IV

[7]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 22

This is definitely a good idea. but how are we going to separate fact from fiction. For example, on The Simpsons Marge says she is allergic to seafood in episode and in another she's eating seafood.

will the character guide be administered by the editor? or will it be seperate?

Jeric-Ho

[8]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 34
    I suggested this feature in March! 7 months ago! here Character Guide/Bio

Waggytoon

[9]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 13

For Character Guides to animated series, there should be a complete list of characters who appeared on the series, plus images of those characters, and of course any info relating to the particular character viewed.

"Waggytoon"

CDCB

[10]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 34
    I doin't know what to say other than that I think the addition of character guides would be awesome.

drdan2410

[11]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 52

Firstly, I have always been a fan of this idea and I can't wait until it is introduced.

Liek a lot of people I think the character pages should be kept brief. Basic information such as name, bio, etc is all that is required really. I think the most important thing is that the character pages are closesly linked to both the people guides and the show guides. for example there should be a section on the show page called characters which would show you all of the characters and then take you to their page. Obviously you need the same thing for people guides as well.

Tatl33

[12]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 2
    Well my opinion would be:
    -The characters name
    -The characters gender
    -Personality
    -Looks
    -Family
    -Background

leeseygirl

[14]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 46
    I don't think that they should have editors/contributors either. The power to edit the information would just get abused. However, if they were to have contributors, the rules for character guides should be very strict so that the guide doesn't get full of useless information. I agree that there shouldn't be any forums, because some show guides already have discussions for certain characters in their forums and it would just turn into chaos.

This is what I think it should basically have:
    -Characters Name
    -Actor(s)/Actress(es) that portrayed them
    -Name of show
    -Basic biography
    -Pictures of the character from various stages of their show

Character guides can be so good for TV.com! I can't wait to see how they turn out!

tonysmither

[15]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 1

i like all the posts of this website and really appreciate all the authors for their work.

Force Factor

anab013456

[16]May 4, 2010

Hi this is ana in my opinion their should be all information about the thinking of a person.

==========

Mortgage Loans

stock-trader

[20]Aug 19, 2010

Knowing the Likes and Dislikes is important.