TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: Can't get episode numbers to stick for certain shows

aldaros23

[1]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 53

I've been trying to get these episode numbers to stick for a good 10 days now.

The show is Skins (UK). The brackets in the title might be an issue as I was also having problems with Dragon's Den (CAN).

Here is a view of the episode listing for Skins (UK) Season 6, despite the fact that I've edited each one of the episodes about 4-5 times now, trying to get the episode numbers to stick.

hosting images

Here's the view from the episode-reordering tool. I tried to see if re-ordering all the episodes I originally added (+10 to each number) would do anything. It didn't. It's funny, because they were added in the proper order and when you edit them, they all have the proper information.

image hosting gif

Any help would be appreciated as I would like them to display properly before the season starts.

Edited on 01/04/2012 7:43pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yaspaa

[2]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 79
    I'm having similar problems.

TheOldBill

[3]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 94

The episode list view reflects the season hierarchy as created by programmers during the recent beta stage. It includes all of those bogus non-episodes related to external video sites. Some seasons/episodes are hidden entirely from view. As ordinary users, we cannot affect the way that seasons appear on the overview pages. There is no point in continually editing the individual episodes: it can make no difference to the episode list view. Community staff are aware and it is to be hoped that, at some point, the problem will be addressed and resolved.

aldaros23

[4]Jan 6, 2012
    Well this is why I tried several times: originally there were no airdates (I didn't have them yet) so those eventually DID show up when I edited them in, as seen in the first screenshot - those dates were originally not there. It's just the season #s. There was a certain time-period when you submitted, it caused this problem. If I were to submit them again as new episodes it would not happen.

aldaros23

[5]Jan 10, 2012

Here's another example.

The re-ordering tool:

[img=http://s18.postimage.org/8k6jgq09h/Screen_shot_2012_01_10_at_7_04_20_PM.jpg]

And the episode guide view:

[img=http://s18.postimage.org/aq5foyt3p/Screen_shot_2012_01_10_at_7_04_36_PM.jpg]

9 episodes of 1 season (season 6) are not showing up.

Edited on 01/10/2012 4:11pm
    Edited 4 total times.

nilla_chelle01

[6]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 55

Will get someone to look at Skins (UK) and Dragon's Den (CAN). If there are more shows that need attention, please let me or etong87 know. Thanks!

ETA: This appears to only happen when there are guides with similar titles available on the site.

Edited on 01/11/2012 11:43am

aldaros23

[7]Jan 11, 2012
    Thanks Nilla! These are my only two guides that have problems. "Skins" (the u.s. version is fine).

dju010

[8]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 88
    When moving episodes from one season to another, they never show up in the new season.

For example I attached the first episode of this year from the guide Emmerdale to season 42. As I created season 43 with episode 2, I moved the first episode to season 43.

When I edit said episode it is listed as season 43 - however in the guide it still shows up in season 42. And I changed this more than a week ago!

nilla_chelle01

[9]Jan 17, 2012
    • level: 55
    Dragon's Den and Skins should be fixed now. Will get Emmerdale on the fix-it list.

dju010

[10]Feb 3, 2012
    I think it's in general not possible to move episodes from one season to another. Anybody else experience?

dju010

[11]Feb 7, 2012
    this episode shows up with no numbers (season or lifetime).
    I can't move this second episode from season 42 to season 43.

Also in the episode guide overview - only about 120 episodes per season are listed. As you can see the average season has more than 300 episodes...