TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: DOES THIS website ACTUALLY HAVE ANY TECH SUPPORT??

Blazer2klt

[1]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 8

I've got ongoing problems with Favorites and problems with reading forum posts. No "tech support" ever seems to respond to forum posts for help and there is no email address for support. WTF!?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stefan1970

[2]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 17

I agree.

Tried to Favorite a show (multiple times) and it will not take.

I have also had a show somehow become un-Favorited... a show that I had had on my Favorites list pretty much since I joined TV.com.

What gives?

Blazer2klt

[3]Jul 23, 2012

Don't know what's going on. I just realized that not only can I not add favorites, at least half of my favorites are now missing! It would be nice if this would actually work!

Edited on 07/23/2012 8:56am

nilla_chelle01

[4]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 55

If you see that some of your favorites are missing, this is most likely a caching issue and they should return momentarily. Or if you can't wait, you can clear out your browser cache so that your computer will grab the latest version of the site.Also, there should always be an up to date list of your favorites on your profile, via the URL:

http://www.tv.com/users/USERNAME/shows.php

If these problems persist please let me (nilla_chelle01), Edlyn (etong87), or Jessica (JessicaKroeber) know so that we can investigate the issue.We also update the site blog regularly with information on site issues, as well as new and upcoming features:

http://www.tv.com/forums/

You can also leave comments regarding bugs with the site there.

Blazer2klt

[5]Jul 29, 2012

Definitely not a caching issue - I clear my browser cache regularly. I have discovered that my favorites are not completely missing.My favoritesare missing from the drop down menu and also if I go to the show's pagethey arenot favorited - clicking on the favorite button seems to work. But if you re-visit the show's page (even after clearing the browser cache) the favorite button does not reflect the change nor does it appear in the drop down list. However, if I go into my profile and look at my favorite shows, they all seem to be there.

Thanks.

Blazer2klt

[6]Aug 25, 2012

I still don't know what is going on with the missing favorites. Most of my shows are missing from the drop down list and if I go to show page they are not "Favorited". However, if I went into my profile and clicked on Favorite shows they all seemed to be there. Now the Favorites list has been changed and the whole thing is screwed up - the Favorites list is all jumbled and out of order with no way to sort it alphabetically. What is going on????

Thanks.

Blazer2klt

[7]Aug 25, 2012

Also, don't know what is going with messaging on this site. Every message I have sent seems to be sitting in my Outbox with no indication that they have actually been sent. And there is no Sent Messages folder. How do I knowif my messages have been sent???

Thanks.

lucadaz

[8]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 3

I hardly ever come on this site anymore. My favourite list hasn't been correct for months now. I used to use this site regularly but since the last "upgrade" everything has gone to ****! What used to be a great site is now nothing but ****!!!

bohn007

[9]Aug 30, 2012
    • level: 40

Evidently not. I've posted a particular problem on 3 different blogs - Most recently, 2 weeks ago - And still haven't received a reply, let alone any action on it.