Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: Episode page inaccessible

nhubi

[1]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 48

Hi,

I'm the editor for Time Team, and there appears to be a glitch with one of the latest episode pages. The following page for the Season 19, Episode 11 - Clipstone should be here http://www.tv.com/shows/time-team/clipstone-nottinghamshire-2481417/ however clicking on the link redirects to http://www.tv.com/shows/time-team/watch/. I can't edit the page to add the episode information, or fix it, or delete it. It also appears on the home page for the show without showing the episode number, even though in the re-number screen it says it's episode 11.

Additional info: I've already tried recreating this twice, as I can renumber it I've changed one with this title to Season 1, episode 0 to get it out of sight but the problem seems to recreate itself with this episode position and title. Can someone from staff please delete these episode pages and I'll try again.

Thanks

N

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nilla_chelle01

[2]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 55
    I've set these Clipstone episodes for deletion. Please try to submit the episode again and let me know if you're still encountering the same issue. Thanks!

nhubi

[3]Jul 25, 2012

Thanks nilla_chelle, third time's the charm as my Mum says. I'll let you know if it works, or doesn't.

Edited to add, weird thing I just submitted it and it appeared in my mod queue rather than just automatic approval. I've approved (of course) so we'll see how it goes from there. I'll give it a few hours to turn up.

Ok so that didn't work either, now it's supposed to point to http://www.tv.com/shows/time-team/clipstone-nottinghamshire-2518124/ and still points to the watch episodes online page. The weird thing is the episode after it is fine! I'm tempted to rename the next episode backwards and see if that works. I really don't know why tv.com has a problem with Clipstone, it's quite a nice town!

So, before I do anything, some suggestions would be appreciated.

N

Edited on 07/25/2012 10:03pm
    Edited 3 total times.

nilla_chelle01

[4]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 55
    I'm going to ask the development team to take a look at this issue. It's a weird one! Hopefully it's an easy fix. I'll update again when I know more.

nhubi

[5]Jul 26, 2012

Thanks nilla_chelle, I'll leave it for a little while and just keep the episode info in a word.doc. If I don't hear back in week I'll try the renaming of the next episode option.

Ok something's changed, but not in a good way, now ALL the episodes have disappeared from the ep guide page and it says

No episodes have been added for Time Team. Add an Episode

Except the episodes are still there, they just aren't listed anymore!

Edited on 07/30/2012 8:36am

dcpgaus

[6]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 16
    Yes - there is still a problem here. I checked a couple of shows and the 'Episode Guide List' tab doesn't work. It seemed like to fix one problem, a bigger problem now exists. This shouldn't happen and it shouldn't take this long to fix it.

francklloyd

[7]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 57
    It looks as if all episodes have been wiped. That couldn't be, could it?

nhubi

[8]Jul 31, 2012

Well it appears that the episode list is now fixed, in that I can now see and navigate my way through them all, but the original problem with the clipstone episode still exists. I said I'd give it a week before I sought to try something so I shall wait, however dcpgaus and franvkllyod were you commenting on Time Team or on a broader issue that spans other shows too?

dcpgaus

[9]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 16
    No - this problem spread to all shows. But its been fixed now...

nhubi

[10]Aug 7, 2012

Yeah, that's been fixed but the original problem is still there, Clipstone is still linking to the watch online page instead.

Nilla can you please have http://www.tv.com/shows/time-team/clipstone-nottinghamshire-2518124/ listed for deletion. Once that is done I'll try renaming the one after it and see if that works.

thanks

Edited on 08/07/2012 10:20pm