Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: how do i unsubscribe from this site?

kgilliam73

[1]May 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    I registered on this site and now have changed my mind. How do I un-register?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brandi1leigh

[2]May 30, 2007
    • level: 62
    A TV.com Staff member (Jaxiecracks) posted this answer to a similar question:

Jaxiecracks wrote:
    Your account is active on all CNET Networks Entertainment properties --TV.com, FilmSpot, GameSpot and MP3.com. Due to the cross-site nature of user accounts, we cannot delete a user's profile.

However, you can set your profile to private. Here's how to do it:

From the Edit My Profile link on the profile page:

Profile >> Communications >> Who can see view profile >> Just Me >> Save Changes

That makes it so only you can see your own profile page, nobody else.
    You can test it out by changing the settings and then logging out of your account and reloading the profile page again.

If you have any additional questions about trying to cancel your account, please PM me.

moftir

[3]Nov 6, 2007
    I want to unsubscribe.

DragonSpawn2006

[4]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 50
    Did you not read the following.

brandi1leigh wrote:
    A TV.com Staff member (Jaxiecracks) posted this answer to a similar question:

Jaxiecracks wrote:
    Your account is active on all CNET Networks Entertainment properties --TV.com, FilmSpot, GameSpot and MP3.com. Due to the cross-site nature of user accounts, we cannot delete a user's profile.

However, you can set your profile to private. Here's how to do it:

Profile >> Communications >> Who can see view profile >> Just Me >> Save Changes

You can test it out by changing the settings and then logging out of your account and reloading the profile page again.

If you have any additional questions about trying to cancel your account, please PM me.

bigsha1959

[5]Jun 6, 2008
    I would like to unsubscribe because I can't look at anything ,all this site allows you to do is read about episodes

TheOldBill

[6]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 94
    How do I subscribe?

123home123

[7]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 55
    bigsha1959 wrote:
    I would like to unsubscribe because I can't look at anything ,all this site allows you to do is read about episodes

Huh? Many guides for current shows contain promo videos, cast interviews and other assorted video clips. And now with the Hulu.com deal, many guides now have full episodes available as streaming video (although the full episodes are only viewable by U.S. residents).

Even setting aside the topic of videos, this site involves far more than just the opportunity to read about episodes. You can discuss shows, actors, episodes, characters, storylines and more on the various forums. You can post blog entries and comment on other people's blogs. You can participate in the special live chats. You can help update and maintain the show and actor guides by making submissions yourself. You can get to know other people from around the world and discuss TV, movies, video games, music or almost any other topic (other than obscene and offensive ones).

If you are interested in television at all, you will probably find something of value in this site.
    Edited on 06/10/2008 10:44pm

Allisia_

[8]Jun 12, 2008
    I want to unsubscribe too!!!

swschow

[9]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    CNET's rights of use says they can disconnect me at anytime and for whatever reason. Since they can do that , they should be able to unsuscribe me at my request. Please find a way to unsubscribe me from this site. Thank you. I can't find anyone to e-mail to get them to cancel my subscription so I am sending it here, begging you to please unsubscribe me.

angelandspike

[10]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 66
    You don't have a subscription to the site. That feature does not exist here. All you have is an account. You can either choose to use it or not, but it can't be removed. If you no longer wish to participate in the site, my suggestion is to set your profile to private so nobody other than you, site moderators, and staff members can see it. Then, log out of your account. That effectively closes your account.

Just so everyone who posted here is aware of this, your personal information is only visible to you and site staff members.

ludogs3737

[11]Mar 6, 2009
    there got to be some way to get iff this ******* List,they can hold you captive and they shouls warm a person once on you can't get off

agent_0042

[12]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 66
    What "list"? There's no "list"-- if you don't like the site, just don't use it and you'll never hear anything from TV.com again. It's as simple as that-- set your profile to private, log off and don't ever come back. But you can't actually delete your account.

kidsinc19

[13]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    ok what if you are getting bully by someone on this site. i like closed this account help me please

skeeter291

[14]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 60
    kidsinc19 wrote:
    ok what if you are getting bully by someone on this site. i like closed this account help me please

Your best bet is to report the thread, PM, or blog comment through Report Abuse to Moderator system at the bottom rigth corner of the post (it's in a drop down box). You can also set your profile to Private. Here How...

I hope this helps. Scott-

ereman

[15]Mar 23, 2009

my question is similar. as i understand it after the 14 day trial i will be charged ~ 15.00 a month.

i want to cancel (unsubscribe) so i won't be charged this monthly fee. how do i do that?

Jaxiecracks

[16]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 41
    ereman wrote:

my question is similar. as i understand it after the 14 day trial i will be charged ~ 15.00 a month.

i want to cancel (unsubscribe) so i won't be charged this monthly fee. how do i do that?

You might have us confused with another website. TV.com does not charge for registration nor for any services we provide.

pikastatic100

[17]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 48
    ereman wrote:

TV.com doesn't charge anything to be a member, I don't know where you heard that. And like many posts in this thread already stated, you can't unsubscribe/delete your account. Your best bet is to set your profile to private in your Preferences, log out, and never come back. Simple as that.
    Edited on 03/23/2009 11:47am

tiffanuy7

[18]Apr 3, 2009
    You cant even watch any episodes on here. i thought we would be able to.

nicolaproctor

[20]May 9, 2009
    Please help - i have tried to make my profile personal and it's saying i need to fill in all the demographic fields. This website has already taken more then enough information off me. What does this mean??