Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: Ratings and Reviews are Inconsistent/Gone

Synetech

[1]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 22
    A couple of days ago I noticed that all of my ratings and reviews were gone. I thought it was my account, but then I noticed that most ratings and reviews were gone (except for a few really recent ones).

This morning I saw that they seemed to be back, but now some seem to be present while others are not.

Why are ratings and reviews so inconsistent? Are they lost? I for one am not about to re-rate and re-review hundreds of shows and episodes all over again. If they are lost, I'm giving up and not bothering anymore (why rate and review a few episodes if all the work I did before was for nothing; why would I assume that it wouldn't happen again?)

One thing I notice in particular is that 0.5 ratings seem to be gone. It looks like some got rounded up to 1.0 while others just got reset altogether.

What's going on?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chipee

[2]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    I haven't checked out my reviews, etc. I want to report here that there does not seem to be any way to write a review for the last NCIS episode, "A Desperate Man." Are they doing away with user reviews?

Synetech

[3]Jan 17, 2012
    chipee wrote:
    I haven't checked out my reviews, etc. I want to report here that there does not seem to be any way to write a review for the last NCIS episode, "A Desperate Man." Are they doing away with user reviews?

Just click the light-blue Write a Review button below the other reviews on the episode page. If there isn't a button then start another thread because that is unrelated (probably a problem with your account) since I can see it.

Back to the issue at hand, I can see my ratings and reviews in the respective areas of the Contribution section of my account. The problem then seems to be that reviews and ratings are not showing up in show/episode pages. For example, a show that had a few hundred reviews last week suddenly only has about five, or an episode that had a thousand ratings last week now only has about a dozen.

Since the items are present in the Contributions section, they are definitely not (currently) lost, so that's good. Hopefully the problem is just that they are not being correctly imported into show/episode pages.

After the recent changes, a lot of things broke (like the formatting of reviews and submissions), so hopefully this is just another one, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Synetech

[4]Feb 5, 2012
    It seems to be fixed.