Forums: TV.com Technical Support Board: tv.com icon does not have a link!?

KnoX

[1]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 1

hi,

hopefully i'm in the right place.

for more an a month now, i noticed, that when clicking on a [TV.COM] icon on the top left corner of the site you no longer being redirected to the home page of the site. is it just me? or is it changed? if it's changed, then may i ask WHY? either way, it makes browsing here a living hell!

also, if there is a problem on my end, i would love a PM from staff as to how i might fix that. i have no trouble providing additional info/screenshots if necessary in this situation.

thank you for your time,

kindly,

TV Maniac from Lithuania

Edited on 04/23/2013 3:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

layle1

[2]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 72
    According to staff member Jessica, if you're using an ad blocker program it could be the cause. I've experienced it, too, but I'm just witchy enough that I won't give up my ad blocker. If I need to see the home page, I either reuse the bookmark I use to get to the site or snip the url in my current window.

KnoX

[3]Apr 24, 2013

hi, and thank you! you totally solved my problem. i'm also using adblock plus, and that seemed to be blocking *unnecessary* ads on tv.com. however, when you know where the problem lies, its pretty easy to fix it. i already did, and came here to return a favour =)

in your adblock plus options (i'm asuming that's what u're using) there is a section "add your own filters". write a line: @@|http://www.tv.com/ and hit +add filter. this will exclude tv.com from adblock plus, therefore you will be able to enjoy all benefits (and possibly downsides) of the site. hope that helps

of course, bookmark tabs are nice, and i used them to get back here aswell, but i am so used to clicking home button on each and every site, it was annoying not being able to. possibly has something to do with my stubborness aswell. cheers

Edited on 04/24/2013 4:03am
    Edited 3 total times.

KnoX

[4]Apr 24, 2013

actually, now that i've looked around and tried something, there is even a better way. MUCH BETTER WAY forget what i said last time (and undo it).

open www.tv.com page. in your browser line should be an adblock sign (little red STOP icon), in the top right corner somewhere. [well i'm using chrome, so hopefully you're using it too.] click on that icon, and a pop-up should appear. there should be a line"Easy create filter"- click on it. now all page should highlight when you move your mouse over it. click on TV.COM icon and hit ADD. that's it! now you will be able to use that icon as a HOME button for tv.com site and adblock plus will still block all ads on this site - these are annoying, aren't they?

these 3 lines seem to do the trick for me right now:

www.tv.com###pdztquFOJUPo

www.tv.com##.custom_tv_logo

www.tv.com###custom_tv_logo

if you encounter some corner of tv.com website, where these exceptions don't work (for this icon), just repeat the procedure, it should fix that.

Edited on 04/24/2013 4:30am
    Edited 2 total times.