Forums: TV.com User Submission Support: I have to edit my own submission but don't have permission

danharr

[1]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 45

That glitch where you are asked to mod your own submissions but then you're told you don't have permission to do so. I submitted an episode for my gametrailers tv board and ran into this problem.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nilla_chelle01

[2]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 55
    Hi there, It would really help us in trying to figure out this bug if you would please give what browser you're using. Also, please try to keep track of when this happens and what you were doing beforehand. Was there a certain page you were on? Does it only happen with episode submissions? This info will really help in tracking down the problem. As you can see, it's hard to duplicate because it doesn't happen all the time. Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Yaspaa

[3]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 79
    I get this problem, it occurs not very often and as far as I can remember only involves new episode submissions. I use Firefox. Initially I can't mod the submission, but later, I assume when the cache empties, I can.

Gislef

[4]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 101
    nilla_chelle01 wrote:
    Hi there, It would really help us in trying to figure out this bug if you would please give what browser you're using. Also, please try to keep track of when this happens and what you were doing beforehand. Was there a certain page you were on? Does it only happen with episode submissions? This info will really help in tracking down the problem. As you can see, it's hard to duplicate because it doesn't happen all the time. Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks!

People have reported it using every browser, and it only happens when submitting a new episode. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen, oh, about 75% of the time. At least, in my experience.

Use one of the test shows, submit 10 episodes, and you'll see it. Unless staff accounts are immune to it because they bypass the queue. If that's the case, you might want to create a non-staff account if you don't already have one and test that.

Gislef

[5]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 101
    "I submitted an episode": it's the same bug that folks have been reporting for years, but just became worse since the October upgrade, where 75%+ of new episode subs go into some limbo status. And then once they get approved, stay in limbo status for "up to 12 hours."

danharr

[6]Mar 11, 2012

It works now but I was using the latest version of firefox also for a few days I was getting the 404 error when trying to respond back here on this board.

danharr

[7]Mar 15, 2012

and it's back. This time on my Tactical Impact board I added one episode no problems but the second is in my permission queue that I don't have permission to mod and my season 2 option to add episodes is now gone.

ssjain

[8]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 35

the error is happening again, I submitted four new episodes for dog whisperer and two of them (the first and third submitted) are in my mod queue and the other two went through like normal. I use firefox ver 13.

ssjain

[9]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 35
    the next day, I was able to approve my submissions in the mod queue.

indcraig

[10]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 2

I'm the exact same. I made quite a few errors but thought I'd finish my 10 submissions and then edit out the mistakes. I'm on win7 64, chrome.

Face2FaceFilms

[11]Jun 28, 2013
    • level: 1

I have the same problem with this..

Face2Face Films - Video, Film, Television Production and Corporate Videos