Forums: TV Show Fun & Games: RPG: Fullmetal Alchemist, The Next Age

syrusfan

[1]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 38

100 years have passed since Father was defeated. Alchemy has advanced in the last century. Ishbal and Liore have been restored. But just as new peace has come, a new threat descends to threaten the peace.

Rules

This RPG follows the events of Brotherhood, not the 2003 anime. As such, no events involving Dante are mentioned.

No returning characters. Your character can be a descendent though

Seven new Homunculi are the villains. You can use one of the Homunculi if you want. I'll take Pride and Sloth for now. Any left over are up for grabs.

Your character can also be a State Alchemist. If so, they must be registered under another name. Or your character could just be an ordinary person

Template

Name

Second name [only applies to State Alchemists]

Alchemy skill [only if your character uses Alchemy]

Weapons:

Power [if a Homunculus only]

Personality and Backstory [keep this blank in terms of backstory for Homunculi. They all have the same origin]

Edited on 06/23/2011 2:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickpick

[2]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 35

This actually looks interesting. I'll post a character...Can i have Greed or Gluttony.

Name: Grey

Alchemy skill: Having three alchemy transmutation signs tattoo. One on his chest, near his chest and one each on the back of his left and right hand. Once he smacks his hand together. He can create electricity.

Weapons: Two small blades he hides within his open coat.

Personality and Back story: Usually quiet. Mirrors Roy Mustang. Serious most of the time but can be silly if he so chooses. After being the only survivor in his towns brutal massacre by The Seven Deadly Sins. He tattoo the taboo signs on himself to seek his revenge.

Edited on 06/29/2011 5:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

syrusfan

[3]Jun 26, 2011

Of course you may. It would also help if you could scout for a few people too. I'll start with a few, but here's my main guy

Name: Alex Maiz

Second name: The Shockwave Alchemist

Alchemy skill: He has seen the Truth and can perform alchemy without a transmutation circle. He can use vibrations in the ground to sense things around him and can control the earth using his hands to create shockwaves.

Personality and Backstory: He tried to bring his deceased girlfriend back from the dead using alchemy. In the process, he lost both of his eyes and has left him blinded. He can use the wind as a sense. He wanders around helping other people like him.

Edited on 06/26/2011 6:46pm

Nickpick

[4]Jun 27, 2011
    I sent a few people messages about this. By the way your character is awesome. I don't see him getting along with Grey. Just let me know when we can start.

syrusfan

[5]Jun 27, 2011

Let's try to get at least one more person before starting.

Nickpick

[6]Jun 27, 2011
    Cool cool

syrusfan

[7]Jun 27, 2011

In the meantime, here's an example bio for a Homunuclus.

Name: Pride

Age: 50, though looks only in his late teens or early twenties

Weapons: He has a cane that has a sword inside of it

Power: Pride has the power to clone himself to near endless amounts. These clones possess the same level of intellegence and power, though if he clones himself a lot, the clones are a lot easier to kill

Personality and Backstory: Pride is extremely arrogant, seeing himself as a "perfect" life form and that humans are lower than dirt. He leads the other Homunucli in a quest to gain ultimate power, although he rarely does any real work himself, prefering to let his clones do the dirty work.

Nickpick

[8]Jun 27, 2011

Shweet! I have a interesting take on Gluttony

Name: Gluttony

Weapons: Wears gloves similar to Roy Mustang's gloves but Gluttony sends an electrical charge with whoever he touches, paralyzing their body so he can eat them whole.

Power: Gluttony has the ability to eat anything he can fit in his mouth. First he paralyzes than he eats. Usually tries not to make a mess.

Looks: Thin and Fit, muscular. Usually wears a grey suit. Never wrinkled or stained, almost clean. Hair is blonde and combed back with deep blue eyes.

Personality And Backstory: A face that blends in. He keeps his distances from the other Homunuclus. He trusts only himself but the others use him to usually get information or gain trust from within the Military.

Edited on 06/27/2011 10:04pm

syrusfan

[9]Jun 28, 2011

By the way, there's no limit to how many characters you can have. 1, 10, 100, any amountyou want. As long as you make a bio for those characters you'll use more than once.

Name: Sloth

Power: Sloth has total control over sleep. Through even the slightest touch, he send his opponent into an almost comatose state for any precedented amount of time. It can be as short as a few seconds to as long as a few years.

Personality and Backstory: Sloth is very mellow compared to his allies. He usually spends all his time sleeping and hates going out into the field. He detests all forms of violence and tries to avoid conflict if possible.

Nickpick

[10]Jun 28, 2011
    Cool cool! Can't wait

syrusfan

[11]Jun 28, 2011

If no one else joins by Friday, I'll just start it if that's okay.

neoyamato_pi

[12]Jun 28, 2011
    • level: 26

Alright, finally figured out a character. And as for Homunculi, I'll call dibs on Wrath. I'll post his character later.

Name: Zane Stones

Second name: The Drill Alchemist

Alchemy skill: Using his claw weapons, he can transmute them into a drill-ish shape used to go underground and drill. He is able to manipulate the ground and boulders to attack and defend.

Weapons: Two twin metallic steel claws with three blades on each, worn in a similar fashion as Alex Armstrong's weapons.

Personality and Backstory: Always loving the outdoors, Zane is usually very lax and chilled. He usually goes with the flow and follows orders without much thought. Although if he sees an order as outlandish, he does his best to find an alternative way to accomplish the same goal. As a child, his parents were not very wealthy and such he spent the bulk of the time outside playing with his sister. One day, there was a rock slide that buried and killed his father and sister. Zane tried to get them out, but to no avail. To cope with the loss, he decided to adopt to his current personality and has developed an affinity to the earth. He works hard to support his mother and to make a better life for himself, which has led him to become a state alchemist.

Edited on 06/28/2011 6:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

syrusfan

[13]Jun 29, 2011

[All right then, that leaves Envy and Lust up for grabs, so I'll take Envy and Lust or no one wants Lust. I see a reason to start now.]

???: Alchemy. THe science of understanding, deconstructing, and reconstucting matter. Alchemy has been a saving grace for us, it is our science, religion, and military tools. But, it's not always a good thing.

50 years ago

People are running away in fear from a building as it glows red and finally blows up, engulfing the entire city.

5 years ago

A boy is inside a trasmutation circle. He claps his hands down and grins, but he looks scared when dark energy shocks around. He looks up when a dark claw reaches for his face.

Present day

Reporter: Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the Great Event, an explosion which destroyed the town of Sebasu almost 50 years ago. Even now, no one knows the cause behind it.

A teenager is sitting there sipping his drink and smiles, holding his hand up to his bandaged eyes.

Nickpick

[14]Jun 29, 2011

A young teenager opens his eyes to see his family sitting around a candle lit table with food for dinner.

"Grey" An older woman spoke, His mother. "Will you feed Shelby and Lacey before you start your dinner?"

"Yes mother" Grey excuses himself from the table and makes his way to the backyard. The dogs run around him, excited for their meal. Grey unlocks the shed door, walks inside and scoops up some dog food from witnin a small chest. He steps outside when he sees the dogs at the fence, tails pointing to the sky and body stiff. "Shelby? Lacey? What's wrong? Who is it?" Grey places the cup of dogfood down and pats his hands off on his pants as he walks toward them when suddenly he hears a loud scream then it cuts off. He's eyes widen in fear as he walks up to the fence to see the large street. He sees these seven figures walking into homes and killing people and burning houses. Suddenly he sees one of them step onto his yard and he quickly ducks and hides. Millions of thoughts running through his mind, he rushes over to the house window and peeks in where he sees his parents answer the door and suddenly his mother is thrown across the room, The father looks over from his wife to the man at the door way when blood sprays across the room and Grey's father drops to his knees. Grey watched in horror when the dogs bark and the figure looks over toward the window, Grey ducks down and hides.

"AHHH!" Grey wakes up from his dream, 10 years older and covered in sweat. He looks around when he sees the news playing on tv, the volume is muted. He swallows of mouthful of spit than unmutes it.

"...of the Great Event, an explosion which destroyed the town of Sebasu almost 50 years ago. Even now, no one knows the cause behind it..." Grey mutes it again.

"Great" Grey sighs, getting out of bed.

Edited on 06/29/2011 11:07am

syrusfan

[15]Jun 29, 2011

Alex: Alchemy's caused us a lot of problems. But we still depend on it. It's really ironic.

Waitress: Refill?

Alex: Yes, please.

Waiter: Hm...you don't look familiar. You not from around here?

Alex: You could say that. I'm from....the east.

He fingers his silver watch.

neoyamato_pi

[16]Jun 29, 2011

Zane is sitting at a train station, eating a sandwich

Zane: *with his mouth full* 50 ears already? Huh.

He swallows

Zane: Where has the time gone? And where is that train? Oh well, gives me some time to sleep.

He closes his eyes and sits there as others walk past him.

syrusfan

[17]Jun 29, 2011

Waitress: Aw, a State Alchemist? Why are you out so west? Heading to the Devil's Mouth? I heard there was a breakout.

Alex: Nah. Nobody got out.

Waitress: I still don't like it. The idea of a horrible prison.

Alex: Well, thanks for the drink.

Waitress: Where are you off to?

Alex: I've got something to do.

He walks out the door. Two people get up and follow him.

Nickpick

[18]Jun 29, 2011

Grey leaves his building, wearing only his coat, no shirt underneath, revealing his chest. He steps onto the sidewalk, minding his own business when he walks passed Alex, bumping into him.

"Excuse me" Grey says as he keeps walking.

neoyamato_pi

[19]Jun 29, 2011

Zane: Investigate some strange happenings out in the north. Sounds simple enough. But missions these days, I really don't know what they're aiming for. Oh look there's the train.

He gets up and boards the train.

syrusfan

[20]Jun 29, 2011

Alex: Oh, no worries.

The two people keep following him. Eventually, Alex walks down an alley and the thugs grin. They run after him as Alex turns

Alex: So, how long do you plan on following? Could you be with...the Black Mambo?