Forums: TV Show Fun & Games: SNL- Next Year

What should happen to the Cast

JustinRAn

[1]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 12

For the People that have seen SNL This year, Who do you want to leave at the End of this Season.

Here's the List

Fred Armisen

Will Forte

Bill Hader

Seth Meyers

Andy Samberg

Jason Sudeikis

Kenan Thompson

Kristen Wiig

Abby Elliott (F)

Bobby Moynihan (F)

Nasim Pedrad (F)

Jenny Slate (F)

Personally I Wouldn't care if Fred, Will, and Kristen all left the show.

Edited on 01/18/2010 2:13am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DC-Dude

[2]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 26

I think Will Forte and Kristen Wiig. They aren't that funny anymore.

HelloStuart

[3]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 63
    Unless someone randomly decides to leave on their own terms, I can't picture anyone in the current cast departing after the season. This is a genuinely talented and well-balanced cast, but on most nights the writing feels repetitive and uninspired. Last summer, Lorne let go of one writer and added six; maybe there's too many cooks in the kitchen?

JustinRAn

[4]Jan 17, 2010
    I wouldn't say well Balanced. Kristen in 4-8 Sketches with the Rest of the Woman at best 2-3 (Unless you count the Taylor Lautner Episode & Weekend Update Thursday 2.2)

I Just want Fred To Leave cause His Characters annoy the Daylights out of me. From his Dumb David Patterson Thing, to CrackerBama to His Weekend Update Stand-Ups (Nicholas Fehn, Billy Smith, Feracito, Pep Walters, Richie B.)

Will is So Bland, He's Boring. Name 1 Good thing he's done beside MacGruber in the Last Year.

Kristen Is Stinkeroo in THX Surround Sound. A Hole, Aunt Linda, Lawrence Welk, Gilly, Dysfunctional Dinner, Penelope, Judy Grimes, Lesbian News Anchor Lady, Shana, Trina, Vikki, Target Lady, Sue.

We Have So Much Old Blood that We Need To Drop

Fred & Will- 8 Years
    Kenan- 7 Years
    Seth- 9 Years

I Just want to see the New Girls Get Used More. If they weren't going to Use Abby, Nasim, or Jenny; Why'd they Keep Em/ Get Em in the First Place.

HelloStuart

[5]Jan 19, 2010
    SNL does not have a proud history of nurturing female cast members (Tina Fey, Wiigy, and the original cast notwithstanding), so the parade of actresses in recent years isn't terribly shocking. Featured players generally aren't in that many sketches anyway.

algetrig91

[6]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 34
    JustinRAn wrote:
    I wouldn't say well Balanced. Kristen in 4-8 Sketches with the Rest of the Woman at best 2-3 (Unless you count the Taylor Lautner Episode & Weekend Update Thursday 2.2)

I Just want Fred To Leave cause His Characters annoy the Daylights out of me. From his Dumb David Patterson Thing, to CrackerBama to His Weekend Update Stand-Ups (Nicholas Fehn, Billy Smith, Feracito, Pep Walters, Richie B.)

Will is So Bland, He's Boring. Name 1 Good thing he's done beside MacGruber in the Last Year.

Kristen Is Stinkeroo in THX Surround Sound. A Hole, Aunt Linda, Lawrence Welk, Gilly, Dysfunctional Dinner, Penelope, Judy Grimes, Lesbian News Anchor Lady, Shana, Trina, Vikki, Target Lady, Sue.

Fred & Will- 8 Years
    Kenan- 7 Years
    Seth- 9 Years

I Just want to see the New Girls Get Used More. If they weren't going to Use Abby, Nasim, or Jenny; Why'd they Keep Em/ Get Em in the First Place.

Those guys will probably be gone in the next 2-3 years, but its not as if they've been clogging up the show, though Fred has had a lot of lackluster efforts on Update.

JustinRAn

[7]Jan 20, 2010
    If they keep using the Old Players instead of the Featured Players, Its going to Hurt Them: Look at SNL Season 20 or ILC Season 4 to see what happens when the Soul Leaves the Show.

HelloStuart

[8]Jan 21, 2010
    algetrig91 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

Fred & Will- 8 Years
    Kenan- 7 Years
    Seth- 9 Years

Those guys will probably be gone in the next 2-3 years, but its not as if they've been clogging up the show, though Fred has had a lot of lackluster efforts on Update.

Fred's had a few, though Kenan has had a lot more.

HelloStuart

[9]Jan 21, 2010
    JustinRAn wrote:
    If they keep using the Old Players instead of the Featured Players, Its going to Hurt Them: Look at SNL Season 20 or ILC Season 4 to see what happens when the Soul Leaves the Show.

Not quite. SNL was having issues even before Phil Hartman left. The cast and writers weren't on the same page, and Sandler and Farley were turning into prima donnas behind the scenes. As for ILC, Fox was forced to make a do-or-die decision after the Wayans jumped ship.

DC-Dude

[10]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 26

I gotta say, I love Jenny Slate. Her characters are hilarious (DING-DONG!) She'll probably last for a few seasons.

I liked Casey Wilson- I was sad that she left.