TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: TV Show Fun & Games: Survivor Redemption Island

yaminion

[1]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 23

Hello, fellow tv.com addicts!

It's that time again. Time to begin a brand new Survivor ORG. Those of you who know the game of Survivor know that there is a new twist added to the game: REDEMPTION ISLAND. That is right, folks! For the first time in Survivor ORG history, when you are voted off, you won't leave the game. You will be sent to a remote island where you will wait for another contestant to be voted off. Then the 2 of you will face in a duel. The winner moves on while the loser is out for good and must throw their tribal buff in the fire. At some point in the game, the Redemption Island King or Queen will come back into the game and have a shot at winning Survivor: Redemption Island ORG.

For those of you that don't know about Survivor, don't panic. The game is simple to learn. There will be 2 tribes.The 2 tribes will face each other for either reward (an advantage in the next challenge) or immunity. Winning the immunity challenge will guarantee your tribe safety forone round while the losers go to tribal council where you have to vote one of yourown out of the game.This season will not only have Redemption Island but it will also have another island that adds another twist and turn to this game. Survivor fans know what I am talking about. It is the return of Exile Island. Every time your tribe wins a reward challenge orcombined reward/immunity challenge, you must send a member of the losing tribe toExile Island. Now, on Exile, you will be given a series of clues, questions or riddles to help you earn the powerful immunity idol. This idol has caused so many blindsides in Survivor. You could use this idol before I reveal the vote. Doing so will negate any votes against you and the person with the next highest number of votes will be sent packing. The goal of this game is to make alliances to help you advance in the game. You could lie and backstab if you want or you could play a totally honest game. Whatever works for you. In the end, only one person can be Sole Survivor. REMEMBER THAT!

Now that you got the basics, I want to go over someting with you guys and gals. ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU ARE 110% SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BE HERE AND PARTICIPATE EVERY DAY THIS GAME GOES ON. Of course if something comes up and you can't be here, let me know and I will understand. Trust me, I know (hope)we all have lives outside of tv.com. But I will tell you that I have been in many tv.com games before where some people would sign up and then disappear and never come back. If you are gonna be one of those people don't even think about signing up. Remember also that don't leave the game if you are voted off because of Redemption Island. You still have a chance to come back. Until you lose a Redemption Island duel, you are still alive in the game. Once we get down to10 players, we will build the jury. The jury will becomposed of 7 people (the players thatcome in 10th through 4th place). Those 7 people will question the final 3 and then vote for the person they want to see crowned SoleSurvivor.

For those of you that don't know me, I am known as Yami on the tv.com boards. I will be the hostfor the 3rd Survivor game. The first season was won by agood friend of mine, Meghan and the second season was won by yours truly.This game has definitely been up there with Big Brother as one of the most popular tv.com games and I am so glad to be hosting this one. LET'S MAKE IT THE BEST SEASON YET.

I would like to have 16-20 players. No more or no less. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK THIS FORUM EVERYDAY FOR UPDATES. YOUR FELLOW CONTESTANTS AND I WILL greatly appreciate it.

Here is the sign up sheet:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

THIS IS MANDATORY. I ALSO WANT EVERY CONTESTANT TO SEND ME A PM ON HOW THEY PLAN ON WINNING THIS GAME. IT SHOULD BE A PARAGRAPH FROM 6-10 SENTENCES. YOU SHOULD INCLUDE IN IT WHICH SURVIVOR CONTESTANT YOU WILL BE MOST LIKE. IF YOU DON'T WATCH SURVIVOR, YOUTUBE IT!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yaminion

[2]Mar 7, 2011
    Remember to tell your friends and make this game known!

D-DawgMan1

[3]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 49
    1) Derek

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

Mikkel22

[4]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 19

This is awesome!!

Looking forward to this! I like that you added Exile,HII and Redemption Island.

This will be the best season yet

Yami, I will send you a PM later. I just wanted to make sure that I got a spot in this game.

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

Edited on 03/08/2011 6:59am

agent_0042

[5]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 66
    What's the usual time commitment, about once a day?

yaminion

[6]Mar 8, 2011

agent_0042 wrote:
    What's the usual time commitment, about once a day?

As long as you check in once a day, you'll be fine. Maybe even once every other day. Just make sure you check into this forum every once in awhile in case the challenge is posted. What happens sometimes is that people go missing for a week and that kind of takes the excitement out of the game. So I would say if you can check this forum once everyday/ every other day, you'll be a great contestant to have onboard. I hope you sign up

Glad to see you in the game, Derek and Mikkel. I can already tell with you 2 in it that this will be a great season!

COME ON, PEOPLE, KEEP SIGNING UP! THERE ARE PLENTY OF SPOTS LEFT!

agent_0042

[7]Mar 8, 2011
    1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)

5)

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

I canned the parenthesis on 8 and 18 because it forces an emoticon that shouldn't be there.

yaminion

[8]Mar 8, 2011
    Alright! 3 people so far. Great to see you sign up, agent0042. Is there a name you want to go by in this game or should we just call you agent0042?

Also, remember to send me a pm on how you plan to win this game and which Survivor contestant you are must like. THIS IS A MANDATORY! I already have 1 from Derek and I know that Mikkel is gonna send his soon.

REMEMBER TO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS! I can't wait for this game to start. While you guys are waiting, you could tell your fellows players about yourself and maybe even start making alliances. It is never too early to start playing the game!

agent_0042

[9]Mar 8, 2011
    If you don't feel like typing out the whole thing, you can call me Agent. A lot of people do. I'll get you that PM ASAP, either sometime later today or tomorrow.

UnovaChampion

[10]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 18
    1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

Ready and willing to play!

yaminion

[11]Mar 8, 2011
    Great to have you on board, UnovaChampion! Remember if you want to be called anything besides your username, let me know. I still have only receives one pm and that person who sent it to me was Derek. You still have time. As long as I get everyone's pm before the cast list is filled, we'll be good to go

RobbieBM

[12]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 4
    Will send you a PM later yaminion, I'm just about to go to work so will do, later tonight.

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)RobbieBM

6)

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

BriannaRoach

[13]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 11
    Hey, Yami!
    Excited for this game!
    I will send you a PM soon.

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)RobbieBM

6)Brianna

7)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

agent_0042

[14]Mar 10, 2011
    Please don't let this be another of those games that just dies. If enough people don't sign up within in a reasonable period of time, then just start it with however many we have.

ajporter12345

[15]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 25
    Hello!
    I am excited for this game. I have played in the first 2 Survivor Games and I'm ready for a third.

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)RobbieBM

6)Brianna

7)AJ

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

dannyranger8

[16]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 16

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)RobbieBM

6)Brianna

7)AJ

Danny

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

D-DawgMan1

[17]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 49
    Nice. We got new faces and returning faces. Nice to see everyone!

yaminion

[18]Mar 12, 2011
    I just wanted to let you all know that I received messages from all of you on how you plan on playing the game except for UnovaChampion and Danny. You 2 still have time though. I could already tell from what you guys sent me that this is gonna be an awesome season!

Keep telling your friends about this game! Usually the sign up process does take awhile especially for Survivor games where you need a lot of people compared to how much people you need in a Big Brother ORG. I promise you though that once we have enough people (say about 16-20), this game will start to speed up.

spideynerd3

[19]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 29

1) Derek

2) Mikkel

3) Agent0042

4)UnovaChampion

5)RobbieBM

6)Brianna

7)AJ

Danny

9) Spideynerd3

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

19)

20)

agent_0042

[20]Mar 18, 2011
    Does anyone have any ideas on some good ways we can promote this without spamming? I don't want this game to go phoosh simply because enough people don't sign up and I'm already starting to get worried that it's going to be another of those things where it's just going to disappear and be abandoned. Maybe I'll post something about it in my blog later this evening...