Forums: United Kingdom: Help needed to identify a Kids show

Richiebcfc25

[1]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 47

i need help to identify a old childrens tv show that i remember watching in the late eighties early nineties.

all i can remember about it is that is was a one off special on either bbc or itv about a young boy who stays in a creepy mansion where in the garden is a load of statues that come to life all i can remember about it is that one of the statues was of st christopher with the christ child on his shoulder and the statue came to life and started chasing the young boy. that memory still haunts me to this day and when i rewatched a doctor who episode blink that memory came straight back to me. so if anybody here remembers it or knows any information regarding this show i would be very grateful.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robbo1977

[3]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 1

Hi,

Did you ever find out what this programme was called? Funnily enough thats all I can remember about it too a statue of st christopher coming alive and a bit where the children look outside into the garden at a weeping willow?? would love to see it again I remember it being quite scary but then again I was probably only about 10 years old.

What about this one...... a kids programme about a girl all i can remember is she finds half a pair of glasses behind a fire extinguisher and has a music box in which the inside part put holes in paper to reveal a secret message written in braile??? and the theme tune was a kate bush song You must think i'm nuts!!

Mark

robbo1977

[4]Jan 8, 2009

found it! you need to ask these http://en.allexperts.com/q/British-TV-2747

TomMorley

[5]Jul 14, 2012

Hi,

i am looking two programs, i have very little information but hoping you can help.

the first was a kids TV show where a statue or st christopher with the christ child on his shoulder and the statue came to life and started chasing the young boy. not sure if was on BBC or citv possibly after news round.

the other

i believe was on Christmas, it was a BBC drama not a kids one,the show had two children living with there father, in a large mansion there was a lake both children played musical instruments. they were drown in the stream up the field from the house, then both then haunt the man/father as they walk they seem to play invisible instruments. i think was late 1980's

many thanks for any help