Forums: United Kingdom: What is the Number 1 show on TV.COM?

weegie1984

[1]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 7

Im loving the new look of TV.COM, especially when you go onto a shows page. Near the top it tells you where the show ranks in the list of all shows on the site. EG

House ranks 194 out of the 18,052 shows on TV.com

What I want to know is, what is the number 1 show? I have had a look through some of the obvious ones only to find that they arent! Any ideas?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nathanbere

[2]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 20

There is a list here here for the top shows.

Whilst the top ones on the list don't appear as being #1 out of 18,052, I would take those rankings with a pinch of salt. Before the redesign the "Buzz" as its now called was still there, just in the top right hand corner of the page.

Its good to see that there are at least some people that like the new look. The majority of users (myself included) really don't like the new design, as it has removed most of the information that was central to the site.

HelloStuart

[3]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 63
    weegie1984 wrote:

Im loving the new look of TV.COM, especially when you go onto a shows page. Near the top it tells you where the show ranks in the list of all shows on the site. EG

What I want to know is, what is the number 1 show? I have had a look through some of the obvious ones only to find that they arent! Any ideas?

194th place is still in the top 2%.

efc91

[4]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 39
    HelloStuart wrote:
    weegie1984 wrote:

194th place is still in the top 2%.

I noticed that aswell I think the whole system is messed up.

taylor1308

[5]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    I've looked at SO many shows to see what they are and i can't find anything above 200, apart from House that is. Now i'm really curious to know what the number 1 ranking show is lol!!!!

Heather_H

[6]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 35
    If you click on the shows tab on the top navigation bar it gives you a list of top UK shows. Under the 'Most Popular of All Time' category it says that Lost is no.1.

taylor1308

[7]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 9

Heather_H wrote:
    If you click on the shows tab on the top navigation bar it gives you a list of top UK shows. Under the 'Most Popular of All Time' category it says that Lost is no.1.

When you click on it, it says it ranks 226 out of 18,063. I guess they don't mean the same thing.

Edited on 04/09/2009 2:00am

philipastley

[8]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 2

I would disregard those "ratings" actually, it seems that if a company makes a new show it will get a 10/10 score even if it hasn't been released yet, something that I personally find a waste of time.

Probably better to read the forum posts on a particular show than put too much stock in ratings As the above poster says, LOST is the all time #1, yet find that very hard to believe out of every single television show screened since invention...maybe it got there because some exec producer sponsored the site? I am probably one of those old time people who believe that a show should be rated by people alone, with real and unbiased reviews, instead of looking at 10/10 that is posted by people who cannot be bothered moving the slider it is always better to read what people actually write, though it takes time

For a pertinent example of what I say, take a look at the sponsored links at the bottom.

Edited on 04/22/2009 12:18am

powerseat

[9]May 31, 2009
    • level: 3
    Popularity would be how many hits the show's page gets.
    The Ratings people vote for would determine the shows Score which would be compared to all other shows to determine the shows Rank.

The top 100 shows are probably all obscure shows that aren't given low scores because no one visits their page.

In the top 300 I've found:
    Screenwipe rank 166
    House rank 259
    Scrubs rank 276
    Dexter rank 277

All out of 18,172 shows at time of posting.