Forums: User to User Help: Hints & Tips: How to Add a picture in your Signature!

more_ncis_now

[21]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 58

Ok there are a couple of problems.

Problem number one is that the link doesn't work. To get the correct link you have to right click on the image, click properties and copy the url - http://www.animecubed.com/galleries/naruto/pics/nto065.jpg

Problem 2 is that the picture is huge, way too big for a signature, so you wouldn't be able to use it even with the correct link. I saved the picture and resized it to the maximum height that you are allowed in a signature (200 pixels), then uploaded it to my photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Using the IMG tags around the url that photobucket provides I get this:

If you want to use this in your signature add the following to the appropriate box in your preferences - [IMG ]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg[/IMG ]  (take out the spaces between IMG and ] to get the code to work)

Alternatively you can upload the picture to your own photobucket/imageshack account using the url - http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg - and then add to your signature box putting the IMG tags around your own URL from photobucket/imageshack as follows:

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

Edited on 07/30/2006 7:38am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NarutoLuffy

[22]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 20
    more_ncis_now wrote:

Ok there are a couple of problems.

Problem number one is that the link doesn't work. To get the correct link you have to right click on the image, click properties and copy the url - http://www.animecubed.com/galleries/naruto/pics/nto065.jpg

Problem 2 is that the picture is huge, way too big for a signature, so you wouldn't be able to use it even with the correct link. I saved the picture and resized it to the maximum height that you are allowed in a signature (200 pixels), then uploaded it to my photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Using the IMG tags around the url that photobucket provides I get this:

If you want to use this in your signature add the following to the appropriate box in your preferences - [IMG ]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg[/IMG ]  (take out the spaces between IMG and ] to get the code to work)

Alternatively you can upload the picture to your own photobucket/imageshack account using the url - http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg - and then add to your signature box putting the IMG tags around your own URL from photobucket/imageshack as follows:

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

Thank You.

P.S. I still plan on using the picture.

Edited on 07/31/2006 4:30am

anime_phantom

[23]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 12

minimax34 wrote:
    This will help you to add a picture to your sign! 1.) First you need to be Level 3! Because HTML and BBCode are enabled only when you reach Level 3! 2.) After you need a picture already on the internet. There is a lot of site for that on the internet. 3.) When you are at Level 3, You are gonna be able to use the IMG tag. [img]http://www.Your Image Adress Here.com[/img] And you Should be fine! P.S. Please redirect people here, we will save lots time on the forum!

Thank you so much for posting this. I needed to know how to do this. I love you. Um, nevermind me o_0

NarutoLuffy

[24]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 20
    Thanks. It worked. There is no image though.

Carolee99

[25]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 50
    hey anime_phantom, where did you get your bars in your signature? I've been trying to find some for myself and I don't know what they're called or where to find them. Thanks a lot.

more_ncis_now

[26]Aug 16, 2006
    Carolee,
    I'm not sure where anime_phantom got his/hers from, but they are called userbars. If you google the term "Userbars" you will see a lot of sites that make/provide userbars.

Here is one site to get you started
    Edited on 08/16/2006 1:18pm

Missy180

[27]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 9

I made a BucketStamp on photobucket.com.  Is there anyway to have that appear in my signature?

Im2Crazy4U

[28]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 51
    Since that's not an image (it's a flash object) you cannot do it. Either convert it to an animated GIF file, or just make a static picture.

BTW, you are limited to a 550 x 200 image, and that is clearly too tall.

Missy180

[29]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 9

How do you turn it into an animated GIF?  Do I need a certain program for that?

Im2Crazy4U

[30]Aug 17, 2006
    Missy180 wrote:

How do you turn it into an animated GIF? Do I need a certain program for that?

Yes ... time to do a Google search for yourself, as I don't do that kind of stuff.

TheKyubi

[31]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'm still level 2. Why??

sugah66

[32]Aug 18, 2006
    The more you contribute, the higher your level goes. So just keep posting, reviewing, and submitting, and you'll level up in no time.

jamalmoultrie

[33]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 18
    I hate this! I still can't do it!

minimax34

[34]Sep 12, 2006
    jamalmoultrie wrote:
    I hate this! I still can't do it!

The problem has been fixed!

tommy0122

[35]Sep 14, 2006
    This question may have been asked and answered but I didn't see it anywhere.  On other forums that I participate in, if you use images, the images are downloaded to that site and referenced from there rather than using a link to another site.  I'm sure that there is a good reason for it, but it seems to me that linking to an off-site image justs slows down page loading.  Am I missing something?

minimax34

[36]Sep 15, 2006
    Tv.com won't let you upload your picture so you have to user another site. There is only a lag if an user is using too many images. If you want to start a discussion about Tv.com Policy, please create another thread.

Im2Crazy4U

[37]Sep 15, 2006
    tommy0122 wrote:
    it seems to me that linking to an off-site image justs slows down page loading. Am I missing something?

Yes. You are at home. When you load a page you download all images and stuff to your local cache. Whether that stuff comes from TV.com or another site doesn't matter. It all has to travel to your PC.

Now, if TV.com were to serve everything from their one site, then you would find it was slower since their their total bandwidth would be higher. And there's only so much bandwidth.

charleebrown

[39]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 5
    just testing something

makgambit

[40]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 11

I have no idea what i am doing. I tried image shack and have my photo up there, but I'm confused as to which one to copy and paste here.

Is this similar to how you do a personal photo too?

Edited on 10/04/2006 11:01pm