Forums: User to User Help: Hints & Tips: How to Add a picture in your Signature!

 
  • Avatar of more_ncis_now

    more_ncis_now

    [21]Jul 30, 2006
    • member since: 01/29/06
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 4,633

    Ok there are a couple of problems.

    Problem number one is that the link doesn't work. To get the correct link you have to right click on the image, click properties and copy the url - http://www.animecubed.com/galleries/naruto/pics/nto065.jpg

    Problem 2 is that the picture is huge, way too big for a signature, so you wouldn't be able to use it even with the correct link. I saved the picture and resized it to the maximum height that you are allowed in a signature (200 pixels), then uploaded it to my photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Using the IMG tags around the url that photobucket provides I get this:

    If you want to use this in your signature add the following to the appropriate box in your preferences - [IMG ]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg[/IMG ]  (take out the spaces between IMG and ] to get the code to work)

    Alternatively you can upload the picture to your own photobucket/imageshack account using the url - http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg - and then add to your signature box putting the IMG tags around your own URL from photobucket/imageshack as follows:

     [IMG]url here[/IMG]

    Edited on 07/30/2006 7:38am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NarutoLuffy

    NarutoLuffy

    [22]Jul 30, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 944
    more_ncis_now wrote:

    Ok there are a couple of problems.

    Problem number one is that the link doesn't work. To get the correct link you have to right click on the image, click properties and copy the url - http://www.animecubed.com/galleries/naruto/pics/nto065.jpg

    Problem 2 is that the picture is huge, way too big for a signature, so you wouldn't be able to use it even with the correct link. I saved the picture and resized it to the maximum height that you are allowed in a signature (200 pixels), then uploaded it to my photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Using the IMG tags around the url that photobucket provides I get this:

    If you want to use this in your signature add the following to the appropriate box in your preferences - [IMG ]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg[/IMG ]  (take out the spaces between IMG and ] to get the code to work)

    Alternatively you can upload the picture to your own photobucket/imageshack account using the url - http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/more_ncis_now/Naruto/naruto.jpg - and then add to your signature box putting the IMG tags around your own URL from photobucket/imageshack as follows:

     [IMG]url here[/IMG]

    Thank You.

    P.S. I still plan on using the picture.

    Edited on 07/31/2006 4:30am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anime_phantom

    anime_phantom

    [23]Jul 30, 2006
    • member since: 07/21/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 84

    minimax34 wrote:
    This will help you to add a picture to your sign! 1.) First you need to be Level 3! Because HTML and BBCode are enabled only when you reach Level 3! 2.) After you need a picture already on the internet. There is a lot of site for that on the internet. 3.) When you are at Level 3, You are gonna be able to use the IMG tag. [img]http://www.Your Image Adress Here.com[/img] And you Should be fine! P.S. Please redirect people here, we will save lots time on the forum!

    Thank you so much for posting this. I needed to know how to do this. I love you. Um, nevermind me o_0

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NarutoLuffy

    NarutoLuffy

    [24]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 944
    Thanks. It worked. There is no image though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Carolee99

    Carolee99

    [25]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 587
    hey anime_phantom, where did you get your bars in your signature? I've been trying to find some for myself and I don't know what they're called or where to find them. Thanks a lot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of more_ncis_now

    more_ncis_now

    [26]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 01/29/06
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 4,633
    Carolee,
    I'm not sure where anime_phantom got his/hers from, but they are called userbars. If you google the term "Userbars" you will see a lot of sites that make/provide userbars.

    Here is one site to get you started
    Edited on 08/16/2006 1:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Missy180

    Missy180

    [27]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 61

    I made a BucketStamp on photobucket.com.  Is there anyway to have that appear in my signature?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [28]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    Since that's not an image (it's a flash object) you cannot do it. Either convert it to an animated GIF file, or just make a static picture.

    BTW, you are limited to a 550 x 200 image, and that is clearly too tall.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Missy180

    Missy180

    [29]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 61

    How do you turn it into an animated GIF?  Do I need a certain program for that?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [30]Aug 17, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    Missy180 wrote:

    How do you turn it into an animated GIF? Do I need a certain program for that?


    Yes ... time to do a Google search for yourself, as I don't do that kind of stuff.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheKyubi

    TheKyubi

    [31]Aug 17, 2006
    • member since: 08/02/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,951
    I'm still level 2. Why??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [32]Aug 18, 2006
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312
    The more you contribute, the higher your level goes. So just keep posting, reviewing, and submitting, and you'll level up in no time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jamalmoultrie

    jamalmoultrie

    [33]Sep 12, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 5,132
    I hate this! I still can't do it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minimax34

    minimax34

    [34]Sep 12, 2006
    • member since: 09/20/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 2,640
    jamalmoultrie wrote:
    I hate this! I still can't do it!


    The problem has been fixed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tommy0122

    tommy0122

    [35]Sep 14, 2006
    • member since: 07/02/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 202
    This question may have been asked and answered but I didn't see it anywhere.  On other forums that I participate in, if you use images, the images are downloaded to that site and referenced from there rather than using a link to another site.  I'm sure that there is a good reason for it, but it seems to me that linking to an off-site image justs slows down page loading.  Am I missing something?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of minimax34

    minimax34

    [36]Sep 15, 2006
    • member since: 09/20/05
    • level: 58
    • rank: Dead Parrot
    • posts: 2,640
    Tv.com won't let you upload your picture so you have to user another site. There is only a lag if an user is using too many images. If you want to start a discussion about Tv.com Policy, please create another thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [37]Sep 15, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    tommy0122 wrote:
    it seems to me that linking to an off-site image justs slows down page loading. Am I missing something?

    Yes. You are at home. When you load a page you download all images and stuff to your local cache. Whether that stuff comes from TV.com or another site doesn't matter. It all has to travel to your PC.

    Now, if TV.com were to serve everything from their one site, then you would find it was slower since their their total bandwidth would be higher. And there's only so much bandwidth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of charleebrown

    charleebrown

    [39]Sep 17, 2006
    • member since: 04/04/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 176
    just testing something
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of makgambit

    makgambit

    [40]Oct 4, 2006
    • member since: 04/10/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 274

    I have no idea what i am doing. I tried image shack and have my photo up there, but I'm confused as to which one to copy and paste here.

    Is this similar to how you do a personal photo too?

    Edited on 10/04/2006 11:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.