Forums: User to User Help: Hints & Tips: Unofficial Emblem and Level Thread II (UPDATED: 8/17)

 
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [21]Feb 18, 2007
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    rondocollector wrote:

    75---Roddy "Rowdy" Piper
    88---Converse
    94--- Hollywood "Hulk" Hogan
    99---Oh Yeah
    102---Hey Hey Hey
    110---Buckwheat

    These are all I know.


    110 doesn't really look like Buckwheat.It looks like the person of Good Times
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of billy918

    billy918

    [22]Feb 18, 2007
    • member since: 08/19/04
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 452
    Water78 wrote:
    rondocollector wrote:

    75---Roddy "Rowdy" Piper
    88---Converse
    94--- Hollywood "Hulk" Hogan
    99---Oh Yeah
    102---Hey Hey Hey
    110---Buckwheat

    These are all I know.


    110 doesn't really look like Buckwheat.It looks like the person of Good Times

    James "J.J." Evans, Jr, played by Jimmie Walker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattpitt1991

    mattpitt1991

    [23]Feb 19, 2007
    • member since: 03/25/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 1,772

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?

    Edited on 02/19/2007 9:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spaci

    spaci

    [24]Feb 19, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 129
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?



    My guess would be that it's from 'You Can't Say That on Television'. Don't knwo if anyone else remembers it, but it was a kids' comedy show where everyone got slimed pretty regularly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rondocollector

    rondocollector

    [25]Feb 19, 2007
    • member since: 12/19/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 230
    spaci wrote:
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?

    My guess would be that it's from 'You Can't Say That on Television'. Don't knwo if anyone else remembers it, but it was a kids' comedy show where everyone got slimed pretty regularly.

    or the show "figure it out"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZugZug4

    ZugZug4

    [26]Feb 19, 2007
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 17,229
    Yea, it's the Ooze crap from the early 90s Nickelodeon days.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mehfuz

    Mehfuz

    [27]Feb 20, 2007
    • member since: 01/23/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 33
    Very helpful guide, thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hotchicken324

    hotchicken324

    [28]Feb 21, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 206
    I have a stupid name for level 81: TV.com doesn't know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of james_r_hall

    james_r_hall

    [29]Feb 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/30/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 16
    Thanks for the new updated list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ashman2

    ashman2

    [30]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 05/21/06
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,204
    yo, where's Stargate? Voyager has 2 emblems and Stargate has nothing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bountyhunterc28

    Bountyhunterc28

    [31]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 3,373
    What about the turkey emblem, It hardly seems fair that GS gets to keep it and tv.com users lose it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of esquerita

    esquerita

    [32]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 11/02/06
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 34
    ashman2 wrote:

    Level 62: Species #8472

    This is from Star Trek Voyager just incase you wanted to put after it its origins, because that seems to be the case with the earlier emblems.

    The character in this emblem is not Species #8472. It is the Balok puppet from Star Trek TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver".

    spaci wrote:
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?


    My guess would be that it's from 'You Can't Say That on Television'. Don't knwo if anyone else remembers it, but it was a kids' comedy show where everyone got slimed pretty regularly.
    The show was actually called You Can't Do That on Television...

    ZugZug4 wrote:
    Yea, it's the Ooze crap from the early 90s Nickelodeon days.
    ...and it's from the '80's.

    Bountyhunterc28 wrote:
    What about the turkey emblem, It hardly seems fair that GS gets to keep it and tv.com users lose it.
    Despite the fact that I am from the States and that I very much enjoy Thanksgiving, I'm glad to see this emblem go. I do not believe TV.com should be supporting or promoting something specific to one nation, while at the same time having nothing to do with TV.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bountyhunterc28

    Bountyhunterc28

    [33]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 3,373
    esquerita wrote:
    ashman2 wrote:

    Level 62: Species #8472

    This is from Star Trek Voyager just incase you wanted to put after it its origins, because that seems to be the case with the earlier emblems.

    The character in this emblem is not Species #8472. It is the Balok puppet from Star Trek TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver".

    spaci wrote:
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?


    My guess would be that it's from 'You Can't Say That on Television'. Don't knwo if anyone else remembers it, but it was a kids' comedy show where everyone got slimed pretty regularly.
    The show was actually called You Can't Do That on Television...

    ZugZug4 wrote:
    Yea, it's the Ooze crap from the early 90s Nickelodeon days.
    ...and it's from the '80's.

    Bountyhunterc28 wrote:
    What about the turkey emblem, It hardly seems fair that GS gets to keep it and tv.com users lose it.
    Despite the fact that I am from the States and that I very much enjoy Thanksgiving, I'm glad to see this emblem go. I do not believe TV.com should be supporting or promoting something specific to one nation, while at the same time having nothing to do with TV.


    I agree it has nothing to do with TV, but it also has nothing to do with games, so I feel if you are going to get rid of it, get rid of it entirely because having it for one site and not another doesn't make sinse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dju010

    dju010

    [34]Feb 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 88
    • rank: Punky Brewster
    • posts: 5,715
    Level 74: Chicken Lady
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spaci

    spaci

    [35]Feb 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 129
    esquerita wrote:
    ashman2 wrote:

    Level 62: Species #8472

    This is from Star Trek Voyager just incase you wanted to put after it its origins, because that seems to be the case with the earlier emblems.

    The character in this emblem is not Species #8472. It is the Balok puppet from Star Trek TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver".


    Yeah, I was mentioning that too. Anyone know if there's any chance of getting that fixed? Possibly just 'cause I'm a total geek, but that's a pretty blatant and annoying goof. And I agree with the person who said that we need a Stargate level. I wanna either be a Ga'ould or a Wormhole Extreme.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spaci

    spaci

    [36]Feb 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 129
    Bountyhunterc28 wrote:
    spaci wrote:
    mattpitt1991 wrote:

    Level 81's emblem is really intriguing me:

    The TV.com sign with sludge on? Is it meant to be like Level 51's "I broke TV.com"? It could be "I sneezed on TV.com"...?

    My guess would be that it's from 'You Can't Say That on Television'. Don't knwo if anyone else remembers it, but it was a kids' comedy show where everyone got slimed pretty regularly.
    The show was actually called You Can't Do That on Television...
    Thanks, wasn't totally sure of the title - been a while, and was never that big a fan of the show in the first place. Mostly just remember everyone getting slimed regularly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fallout_Girl

    Fallout_Girl

    [37]Feb 24, 2007
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 5,116
    mgreen789 wrote:
    Level 60: Grape Ape
    Level 61: Gold Monkey

    I think you have those two mixed up; Gold Monkey is 60, so I guess Grape Ape is 61? Unless TV.com messed up...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hotchicken324

    hotchicken324

    [38]Feb 24, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 206
    Level 110 should be called "DYNOMITE"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trosk109

    trosk109

    [39]Feb 24, 2007
    • member since: 03/27/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 79
    Level 88 should have something to do with The Legend of Zelda if you catch my drift....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mgreen789

    mgreen789

    [40]Feb 25, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 2,365
    Fallout_Girl wrote:
    mgreen789 wrote:
    Level 60: Grape Ape
    Level 61: Gold Monkey

    I think you have those two mixed up; Gold Monkey is 60, so I guess Grape Ape is 61? Unless TV.com messed up...


    Currently, level 60 is ape and level 61 is monkey (according to both the name of the image and the level name shown on people's/forum pages), though, the wrong emblem currently shows for each level.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.