An All My Children Community
Hulu (ended 2013)

TOTALLY SCARY NEWS

... Your favorite movie ever, Ghost, is being adapted as a TV show. Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner, a pair of executive producers who worked on Fox's Fringe, are taking the Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore movie and squishing it down for small screens even though no one has asked for such a thing. In case you forgot, Ghost was a movie about a woman who had sex with a ghost! No network is currently attached to project, and any network that is smart will NEVER attach itself to the project. *Future Headline: NBC Orders Ghost to Series With Seven-Season Commitment* [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... CBS has changed the premiere date of its midseason techno-action thriller Intelligence starring hunk o'meat Josh Holloway. Originally expected to debut on February 24, CBS is bumping the drama up to Tuesday, January 7 at 9pm for a special preview before moving it to its regular time slot on Monday, January 13 at 10pm. That means Hostages, the dud drama that was always meant to be a limited 15-episode run, won't take a break for the holidays and run straight through. Its finale will air on January 6. [CBS via press release]

... TNT has revealed return dates for Perception and Rizzoli & Isles. The two dramas will return on February 25, with Rizzoli & Isles saying "Wassup" at 9pm and Perception saying "How do you do?" at 10pm. [TNT via press release]

... TV Guide Network, or as the kids call it TVGN, has seven new projects in the works, so let's list them quickly. Rock the Boat: New Kids on the Block shows what happens when fans get on a weeklong cruise... with New Kids on the Block! Ugh. TMI is a Hollywood news recap show told through celebrity tweets and internet posts. Really? Watch! Magazine TV Project takes viewers around the world for photoshoots with celebrities. This is a show? Celebrity Celebrity features "celebrities" playing the game "Celebrity." Sigh. Have You Scene My Room is a home makeover series where fans have their rooms transformed into homages to their favorite movies or shows. WHY? Tour Wars centers on Hollywood tour-givers and wow is this the worst TV development slate ever or what? Finally, The Story Behind shows how some of television's popular shows came to be with interviews with cast members and producers. Well, at least that sounds better than TMI. [TVGN via press release]

... According to several soap stars' Twitter feeds, All My Children is getting canceled again. [Zap2It]

... Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter is pondering the idea of a Sons of Anarchy prequel set in the '60s. It's in the really, really early stages, but each episode would be way too long, involve characters keeping information from each other as a source of drama, and end with a montage. [People]

... A&E has okay'd Wahlburgers, a reality show about a hamburger joint run by a Wahlberg brother who isn't Donnie or Markie Mark. Paul Wahlberg, Donnie and Markie Mark's older brother, runs the beef-and-bun store in Dorchester, Massachusetts, and it's become a home base for the Wahlberg clan. The series will debut January 22 at 10:30pm on A&E. In the spirit of Wahlburgers, I am going to stick my head in a meat grinder so that I never have to see this. [A&E via press release]

... Community creator Dan Harmon's next project, the animated comedy Rick and Morty, has a premiere date. The series about a dimwit and his genius grandfather will debut December 2 at 10:30pm on Adult Swim. [Adult Swim via press release]

... VH1 has ordered a fourth season of VH1 Couples Therapy to premiere in January, probably as punishment for our sins. This season, tabloid targets like sex-tape queen Farrah Abraham of Teen Mom, Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and Wu-Tang rapper Ghostface Killah (whaaa?) will take to the couch with their SOs or whoever they paid to join them for their 15 minutes of fame and get couples counseling from Dr. Jenn Berman. In the meantime, Firefly is still canceled. Thanks, television gods! [VH1 via press release]

... That potential Body of Proof resurrection isn't actually happening, according to star Dana Delaney's Twitter feed. And according to MY Twitter feed, my cats don't understand Daylight Savings Time and keep waking me up an hour early to eat! Stupid cats! [Dana Delaney's Twitter]

... Disney is washing SOAPNet down the drain and replacing it with Disney Junior. Wait, JUNIOR? Who the heck is regular Disney for? [LA Times]

... Fox has ordered a 10-episode "renewable limited-event series" called Everest. The drama follows a team of adventurers on an expedition up a tall, snowy rock where a lot of people die! As they ascend, the hikers' real motives and other ridiculous dramatic moments unfurl. If you're wondering what "renewable limited-event series" means, it's fancy talk for a miniseries that is left open for multiple seasons. In layman's terms, we call that a "regular series." [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... The Entourage movie that is going to BOMB at the box office because no one actually wants to see it, is doing its best to bring in eyeballs. Rumor has it that creator Doug Ellin is aiming to bring on Kate Upton as part of the cast, and yep, I only wrote this blurb so I could look at Kate Upton pictures and bash Entourage. Go on, click the image. [The Wrap]

... Well this is awesome. The current season of American Horror Story: Coven will welcome singer Stevie Nicks, whose witchy spirit has already been channeled through Lily Rabe's character Misty Day multiple times. [Ryan Murphy's Twitter]

... This is kind of like casting, right? Netflix's Daredevil series will be penned by Drew Goddard, a writer for genre hits like Alias, Lost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel, and director of The Cabin in the Woods. [The Wrap]

... Law & Order alum Elisabeth Rohm will guest-star on The CW's Beauty & the Beast as an FBI agent. [EW]

... Person of Interest has grabbed a pair of great guest-stars for an upcoming arc. Camryn Manheim (The Practice) and Saul Rubinek (Warehouse 13) will play a married couple for a few episodes later this season. Rubinek's character will be a man who is slowly losing his mind, and Reese and Finch will rely on Manheim's character to break through to her husband to save the day. [TV Line]

... USA's comedy pilot Living the Dream has named part of its cast. Abby Elliott (daughter of Chris, Saturday Night Live) and Dan Fogler (Man Up!) will star in the comedy about a man who reopens a brewery in a small town. Elliott will play the romantic interest of show's the yet-to-be-cast lead, and Fogler will play the lead's buddy. [TV Line]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/2/2013

Season 43 : Episode 43

74 Comments
Follow this Web show
Members