The Nostalgia Critic

BLIP.TV Premiered Apr 06, 2008 In Season

taker65

The Nostalgia Critic Fan Reviews (14)

• The truth shall be revealed!

Ah , Nostalgia Critic, the trasher of things we used to love . Emphasis on used to . He reveals how the shows and movies that we thought were good are actually really bad . I don't get why people hate this guy . I used to think that "A Troll in Central Park" was an okay movie , But after watching the Critic's review , I realized it was a stupid , childish , horrible , idiotic , piece of junk that was the worst of Don Bluth . Usually , he's actually funnier than the movie he's reviewing . I love his new theme song,how there are now more skits , and his involvement with the League of Super Critics ( along with Todd in the Shadows, Cinema Snob, and Nostalgia Chick, but I don't want to sound like an ad ) . I think he is an inspiration for many critics,including why do Critic and Angry Video Game Nerd have to be rivals ??????????
  • Good web series!

Not as good as The Angry Video Game Nerd, but is still a good web show.
  • NC is amazing

He's both funny and smart.
  • This guy is AWESOME

I love his reviews on movies. I also like his new theme song and I also love how he acknowledges tht whenever he wants to make a change, people would complain (example: his review of The King and I). A lot of people have complained how his show might be going downhill since his revival, but I do not share this view. I think he is awesome and his reviews are honest and he even knows people might not like what he says.
  • Very Fantastic Series!

This is one of my favorite movie critics. He knows the difference between good & bad very well.
  • Ignore the losers who gave this a 1.5 and 4.5, they're probably just trolls because this is a great internet series

This guy is very funny and his reviews are great. This pretty much this generation's MST3K!
  • This guy is a friggin genius.

Even though I don't always agree with his opinion, he breaks it apart in such a clever and hilarious way, episodes of the Nostalgia Critic are really enjoyable. I'll really miss Doug.
  • z-agent, i urge YOU to think twice before posting shitty reviews.

sorry z-agent but reading your review made me facepalm. and here's a couple reasons why: "I find it shameful that people buy the lies he tells them" kid, he's a Critic! critics are people who give their OPINIONS on Movies, TV Shows,ect. Critics are not people who tell facts on movies, shows, ect. please do your research! & do you even know whats an opinion? ",pokemon (doesn't deserve ANY harsh criticism)" *Epic Face Palm* kid, EVERY show in the world is going to have harsh Criticism, there's never going to be a show with no negative criticism, deal with it!
  • Where Have I seen this Before?

4.5
    I like the nostalgia aspect, but it's pretty much presented to the viewer like every other brand in the nostalgia department.
  • This "critic" is an assault on the mind, the common sense, the memories we cherish, and the human desire to remember and be entertained.

1.5
    I have a problem with lots of satire, it often crosses the line that it angers. This loser is no exception. I find it shameful that people buy the lies he tells them about the things they grew up with. Don't people have any sense? He gives all the good things a bad name (Captain Planet, Pokemon (doesn't deserve ANY harsh criticism), Space Jam, etc.). Memories are something dear to us, they help us get through hard times. So why tarnish them with someone who shamefully mocks them? I urge whoever reads this to think twice before giving me a thumbs down or continues to have their conscience stolen.
  • This is a guy who started watching all the old shows and movies he used to love. Upon realizing how much they actually suck. Angered at the ruined childhood memory, he gets his video camera and sets out to ruin it for everyone else

I saw one of these episodes and now they're like crack to me. Doug Walker is a hilarious comic, but also a serious and intelligent critic with an eye for what builds the structure of a solid movie or show. We all grew up loving things like Space Jam and Captain Planet, but now, looking back on them, we realize that they had none of those things. Shows like Full House we remember for being a touching family comedy that moved your heart and made you laugh. When we looked back on it, we all saw it was a poorly written time-killer devised to make a quick buck, with cheesy, unbearable attempts at humor and a lack of any real structure, which it tries to cover up with cute family images such as babies and puppies. It's the equivalent of breaking your leg and then putting a bunch of Smiley-Face band-aids over it

The Critic isn't only interesting an intelligent, he's also downright hilarious. His insane use of odd analogies, obscure media references and explosive anger at cinematic fails is bound to provide a good time. 10/10
  • Amazing!

This show has a basic idea... review old movies. So what's so awesome about it? Well, it's as funny as Heck, he tears the movies to shreds, there arn't seasons, so you can expect an episode once a week, sometimes two times a week. But my favorite thing about this show is that it dosn't have an age group. You could be a teenager or an adult and still laugh, even if you passed up the movies when they originaly came out.
    But heres another thing, the website itself you can never get tired of it. There are a ton of shows that star Doug Walker that are hilarious and epic, but also some other people like the Nostalgia Chick (who I never really liked, but everybody else seems too.) among others. If you don't burst out laughing watching the Nostalgia Critic or any other video on the website, consiter yourself helpless.
  • Best internt show ever!!

There is always something funny when watch the nostalgia critic. Even if you never seen the movie or like it a little it still funny to watch this guy make fun of bad old tv shows and movies. I always find something to laugh when I watch him. It actually better then alot of tv shows you seen on tv today. Plus he is always surpising people with new ideas and crazy idea. You never know what you are going to get when you watch so the show is always fresh and new. Just never meation the show "Doug". He was psycho episode when you do.
  • I just love this guy. He just makes my week every Wednesday. Why? Well, read on.

Okay, so the Nostalgia Critic reviews movies and sometimes cartoons from 1980s to the year 2000, hence the term Nostalgic and does so in a very comedic, satirical and even sketchy manner.

The way he reviews a movie is by going through the whole plot and picking up on certain aspects along the way. Such as the characters, the actors who play them, plotholes, the tropes used, etc. So this does give us a good insight into the movie and therefore a good review. Along the way, he does his review in a comical and satiral manner which also makes you laugh as well as appreciate his critique. Although, this is not to say that the humour can overlap the critique itself. Then on the other hand, if you end up not entirely agreeing with some of his critique, it would have been funny and entertaining at the least.

Although most of his reviews are negative, NC does also give rather than just take. For example, in Captain America, although he thought it bad, he did admid the Superhero himself was hard to pull off and so difficult to make a good movie out of. So yes, he gives as well as takes.

He has also done a few specials called "Top 11" and "Old vs New". He's done Top 11 Villains and "Old King Kong vs New King Kong", for example. In these episodes, he really goes go into depth with his critique, for example, in the Kong episode about the portrayal of Kong and the plots, the movies and the affects. So overall, Nostalgia Critic gives a funny and a lot of times reasonable review of a movie. You may not always agree with him, but you can still get a damn good laugh out of an episode. So give it a watch. You may really end up loving it.