One Life to Live

Hulu (ended 2013)

TVTome_Sudser

One Life to Live Fan Reviews (51)

• Fate to be determined

I just read that Prospect Park is gonna make a major announcement on Friday November 8th 2013 regarding the fate of both All My Children and One Life to Live. The lawsuit against ABC started several months ago concerning GH to kill off 2 stars from OLTL Cole Thornhart and Hope Manning. Not sure whether PP decides to cancel both shows or resume production. It's anybody's guess at this point.
  • Great cast, great story, great show!

This show came to my attention because I'm a huge Corbin Bleu fan. I now love this show and watch it religiously. All the characters are great (in their own way) and it's just freakishly addictive. Just like in everything else he's done, I love Corbin's Jeffrey King and I think he does a great job with the part.

For all you other Corbin fans out there, I just found out he's in a new horror movie called The Monkey's Paw. Trailer looks great, you can check it out here: monkeyspawthemovie. com. Corbin for life!
  • Sooo glad its back!

Great work so far guys. We can see how hard all the actors are working. Dani is over acting alittle and its annoying all ready, hope she calms down. But other than that, so glad to see Todd Victoria, Dorian.. all the greats!
  • A BLESSING !

There is no words ... I am just so Happy that the Shows are back . And to see the work that these actors are putting in is just great.. Lots of love to them all. And Thank You for your return.
  • Can't believe this got canceled.

One of the best soaps of all time. The cast is unbelieveably talented.
  • Wondering whats going on with and at abc.....

I read one review that said "abc has lost their minds with greed". I wonder what IS going on at abc. The abc local news lost a wonderful weatherman because they couldn't come to a contract agreement. He was a great weatherman, who gave his viewer a heads on the forecast days ahead, not just happening now type of forecast. He was someone who was and still is very involved with our public school kids and teaching them about meteorology. Anyway, people tried to influence abc but nothing has changed. Maybe they have some new management, head hunter that is trying to make there mark in the company. I think they are makingsome mistakes. There morning news, GMA/Good Morning America show seems to have gotton some awards, they are good, but not for local news. Hope you can influence them about the soaps, my mom use to watch them too. Good memories, abc should remember, this is something the baby boomers may be wanting to "continue" watching.
  • Erika is great!

She played her role very well and so did the other characters... I'm surprised this soap has ended. This soap show made me emotional, feel like I was apart of the story... and to me, that makes the stories stand out amongst other soaps. Highly recommend!
  • Our Choice, our voice. ABC needs to listen. Bring back OLTL

After months and months of talk of the cancellations, I think its abundantly clear that 65% of the viewers want their soaps. Only about 15% want reality T.V. and the other 20% will go with the flow. So Last time I checked the soap viewers are in the Majority. NOT THE minority. So why not let us have them. If its too expensive cut them to a half hour, cut the higher paid people. Do something before cancelling them. What did they really try to do to save them? You know why reality T.V. is so much cheaper? Because it SUCKS!! My mother who was a soap viewer and A OLTL fan said that you get what you pay for. SO they have paid for a bunch of crap and thats exactly what they are going to get. I stopped watching everything ABC produced. Even though it was about 60% of what I watched. I stopped buying ABC endorsed products, I even cancelled my cable to ensure I would not visit any ABC channells.

If the way we watched affected ratings, why not tell us? I found out too late that by watching them on Soap Network, or recoding them on the DVR didnt count as far as ratings go, but I found out too late to do anything about it. Belive me my viewership would have changed. And thats a valid point. The world is changing, why leave ratings the same? Why not allow online viewership, and other forms such as DVR and such. We are busy people, and we cant always sit in front of the Television at exactly the right time to watch our shows. But our lives need enrichment, and entertainment. Some of us dont smoke, drink, our only vice is our Stories. That was mine. Honestly I have watched since I was 12, I am now 35. My mom, grandmother, and children watch. I have no family except my children, and OLTL was my family. ABC took my family from me. I want them back.
  • Bring back One life to live

Dear ABC, I started watching one life to live with my mom many years ago and continued to watch since she passed away, there may not be times when I am home to watch my soaps but I dvr them so I can still watch them. I hate reality shows with a passion and would like to have the shows that I do watch back on....
  • I WANT ONE LIFE TO LIVE SOAP BACK ON THE AIR !

ABC HAS LOST THEIR MINDS WITH GREED. THEY HAVE ALREADY CANCELLED ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE. NOW THEY WANT TO CANCEL GENERAL HOSPITAL AND THE SOAP NET. ABC SUCKS !
  • BRING BACK MY SOAP ONE LIFE TO LIVE

I THINK THAT WAS NOT A GOOD MOVE 2 TAKE OFF ONE LIFE 2 LIVE JUST AS IT WAS GETTING GOOD I HAVE BEEN WATCHING IT SINCE I WAS A KID I REMEMBER WHEN STARR WAS JUST A LITTLE KID ALSO THE WHOLE CLAN IT IS NOT THAT I SIT AND WATCH THEM, I WORK AND NOW I HAVE NOTHING BUT GENERAL HOSPITAL PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT SIGN UPSET IN CALIFORNIA
  • Bring back Our Soaps!!!!

ABC stands for... A Bad Choice... I have no intentions to EVER watch THAT station again!!!!!
  • "One LIfe to Live" and "All My Children"

Was it a good financial decision for ABC to cancel? Definitely not, ratings will drop. I have been watching both for thirty five years, target audiences now retired I am one of the vast millions that were watching. I first had opportunity to watch Michael Eastons acting when he was a vampire in sitcom with Kelly Monaco for GH. Top notch actors. I refuse to watch "The Chew" and now I refuse to watch "The Revolution" no matter what talent appears to boost ratings. Agnes Dixon (Creator of OLTL) has clear insight regarding matters of the heart and

and relationship to real life. Actors OLTL dispayed sensitivity to issues for that day, breast cancer fantastic acting. OLTL truths relating to everyday and someone. General Hospital I began watching when I was in High School. David Hasselhuff played and ER physician names "snapper."

I make sure I switch back to channel 10 exactly on the hour, now it will be 3:00 P.M.

"The Chew" was attempting to stall and end exactly at 2:00 P.M. I know if I remained before 2:00 P.M. even one or two minutes "The Chew" would get credit. I say, no way.

General Hospital, I began viewing when I was in high school. If memory serves me correctly,

David Hasselhuff played ER physician "snapper".

Just because the replacement shows "The Chew" and "The Revolution" costing less, is this a sound financial decision? Just because "Dr Oz" is a hit, the replacement shows will not be. I for one refuse to watch. This decision was a big mistake for ratings!

In closing, ABC not everyone has internet or computer. There is a diverse audience from

retired who have been viewing since their inception to the single stay at home moms, to

college students and do not forget the stay at home dads who do not want to watch judge or cooking shows (exception Rachael Ray). So CEO of ABC it is not too late to reflect back and

re-evaluate your decision, sometimes less (cost of production for replacement shows) is more. May cost you in ratings and sponsoring companies, advertising. Less viewers.

anne_100

• One life to Live

there has to be some type of way that we should save One Life to Live I've been watching it for plenty of years now, I've started watching soapsfor quite some time starting at an early age with my parents who use to watch it before they go to work, when they had the old characters max, sarah, gabrella, the real clint, bo, acea, dorian, vicki, and the list goes on now that I am 30yrs old I am a single mother of two kids a stay at home mother who goes to online school, I spend most of my day with my children but through out the day I watch One Life to live at normal time. I believe that one life to live is worth saving I think ''another channel should pick them up or maybe ''ABC' should take them back and stop with the foolishness of reality tv with food, they claim America is obese so why would you put on another cooking show that doesn't make any sense. if it is not broke why try and fix it. leave One Life to Live alone. lets protest and make this show continue please, you see on BET we got the Game back it is never to late to get One LIFE to LIVE back. they opened up to much story lines and never finished because of the cancelation . like for example Destiny and Matthew, GIgi and Rex, Nathalie and John, and kim and her brother. come on ABC stop it. thanks all in advance who understands me.
  • i do not like new shows in daytime

i do not know why u took soaps off they been on here since been little girl. cooking show is terriable. there is enough cooking shows on tv.
  • PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFF ONE LIFE TO LIVE......PLEASE

PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFF ONE LIFE TO LIVE, I LOVE THIS SHOW, IF YOU TAKE THIS SHOW OFF TV DURING THE DAY WOULDN'T BE ANY GOOD IN WATCHING......YOU DO HAVE A YOUNGER GROUP OF PEOPLE WATCHING IT AS OLDER GROUP. PLEASE LEAVE IT ON.......
  • I WANT TO SAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE SOAP

ABC I STARTED WATCHING ONE LIVE TO LIVE SOAP WITH MY MOTHER 40 YEARS AGO. SHE PASSED AWAY 3 YEARS AGO. I STARTED WATCHING IT WITH MY WIFE BEFORE I GO TO WORK 3RD SHIFT. ABC PLEASE DON'T CANCEL ONE LIFE TO LIVE SOAP AND REPLACE IT WITH REALITY TV SHOWS.
  • Love this show

OLTL has ad some of the best writing on tv, especially during the post-cancellation weeks. The soap-within-a-soap cancellation story line is brilliant. Actors like Tuc Watkins bring prime-time talent to a daytime show. Discontinuing this show in favor of YET ANOTHER self-help show is not at all creative and obviously motivated by low production costs (and values). ABC has sunk so low, it is no longer willing to support programming worth watching.
  • This Show rocks like no tomorrow

I love this show and the characters in it i am a true Jolie fan cause they are my favorite couple please let them get back together cause Brody is starting to be a real pain i want them both to learn what Brody and some others have been hidden from them which is that Liam is johns and that Marty switched the tests on both of them.

• My mom watch this show for years and she pasted away 20 years ago and when I watch OLTL it is like she is there Keep up the good work MY mom and I liked the same people like Vicki Clint Bo Please don't ever take them off the show from PHX AZ

My mom and I watch this show toghther and now she is gone when I watch this show it feels like she is with me, I would like to see more of Vicki, BO who know maybe Clint and Vicki will get married again that would be great. There are some thing that never change now I have my daughter that is 20 she now has to watch it LOL Keep up the great job this is a great show thank you writters just keep the old folks on there from Phx AZI like all 3 shows GH AMC OLTL
  • im only 13 years old and i will watch this soap forever

I am in love with this show it is powerful I Love to watch the charachters grow and go through hard and joyfull times mostly HARD especially now tih Star pregnant and with Tess being back .The Sshow is so real and is one of the best soaps its the only one i watch! all the rest bore me and I for one mostly only watch shows that have at least 1 teenager as a main charachter i dont know why i just do.This show has been around forever and i hope it will stay untill so that my kids can watch it even tho im only 13.
  • This is the best soap on tv right now. It has had 40 good years so far.

This show is the best soap out on tv. There have been so many good storylines, a great cast of characters, and a writer who has recently won an emmy. The best episodes so far are the 40th aniversary episodes. Best storylines so far are Bo and Rex in 1968, and David Vickers being Asa Buchanan's long lost son. If people want a good laugh they should watch any episode with David Vickers on it, because they will not be able to stop laughing, this is the same with the 1968 storyline. Congradulations OLTL on 40 years and how there are more good stories to come.
  • No other soap has done it better than "One Life to Live."

Created by Agnes Nixon, "One Life to Live" premiered on ABC on July 15, 1968. The show focused on the daily lives of residents of a fictional Philadelphia suburb called Llanview. The original core families are the wealthy Lords, the working-class Polish-American Woleks, the upper-middle-class Jewish Siegels, and the middle-class Irish-Catholic Rileys. In later years, the Buchanan, Cramer, and Manning families all took center stage. "One Life to Live" helped broke new ground on daytime television by tackling some serious issues, such as racism, drug abuse, homosexuality, AIDS, rape, and prostitution. After almost 40 years on the air, "One Life to Live" is still going strong and it showed no signs of slowing down.
  • This soap is about a group of people living in Llanview and their situations.

I love this soap opera it is my favorite next to gossip girl. I love to see how the characters have developed since the first time i watched the show till now and it really intrests me for some reason. First off i really like Talia and Antonio toghter and also i like Langston and Markko and Rex and Gigi ( hate Adrianna) and my favorite couple right now is Nared ( Natalie and Jared) I really think that this soap is something everyone should wtch it has everything from drama to romance to action it really is a great soap for the ages!!!
  • while the summary of the show is this,dorian is trouble.adrianna is becoming like her.really never understand why they put nora with clint(strange).they really should get matthew more involved with the show.more about it below.

one life to live is getting better all the time. its gtaet there finally doing a good story for starr finally!the addition of cole is terrific it is real good for the younger viewers to relate to or someone my age. i loved watching starr grow up on the show. also its great that they kept johns charchter going.i think ramsey was a strange addition,cant wait till thats done.Natlie and the Jared thing really isnt working for me they should get her back with John,but i suppose thats what keeps it interesting.Last would be gigi the writers have to hurry up and let out shane is rex's.
  • Oh no! Heat I? Yes! HEAT I!! What on Earth happened to this show? First, it was good, then it was mediocre, and now it's dying!!

Folks, I really hate to say this about soap operas that once had spunk to them, but I'm afraid that this one has just about lost all of the spunk that it once had. Yes, I admit that I used to watch this show with my Mom when I had time in between school, but now...It's dying! Well, I think it's dying anyway. I don't know how many people will agree with me on this statement. But to make a long story short, this was once a very good soap opera. But then something happened, where they started changing the characters and plots around. And now look what's happening to it! It's dying, folks!
  • Worst daytime drama ever

This show is really bad. Boring and bad. Please, don't watch this. This show is awful.
    This show have cool opening, but nothing else. 3/10 is very high for this show. Is worst daytime drama, but not worst soap opera. I live in Poland and we have worst soap opera ver :-) But this doesn't change anything. OLTL is really boring. I don't understand ratings. OLTL have too much viewers.
    Who don't like this show too ? Who thinks, this is worst daytime drama ever, too ?
    I don't like OLTL but i say - happy 10,000 episode :-) 10,000 episode is very close.
  • It is all right I guess.

Yes that is right, there is only one life to live. And we shall not waste it on this show. It is going downhill. I used to love the older episodes. Now, well now they have just turned into waste. The other ones were works of art woven into beautiful things. These are... They're poison turned into... more poison. I do not like the "modified addition" they modified it into a monster mess of collision type unknown stuff I can barely bare. Yes, well see you later. I have to go to the forums. Bye bye every one listening here.
  • I wish this show didn't come on before General Hospital because then I wouldn't see it at all.

The writing for this show is just awful, repetitive and sickening. It's the same repetitive crap year after year. Todd and Blair still on and off with eachother. How many times have they broken up and have gotten back together? How many times has Todd vanished and been presumed dead now?

Natalie and John *yawn*. Natalie will manage to be a victim once again and get herself kidnapped and John will once again rescue her. Same repetitive cycle.

Show still revolves around the Buchanans and their boring family problems. They give Jessica DID just to break out of her princess act. Tess finally made the character and show more entertaining and now Jessica and Tess are supposedly "combined" and Jessica is still as boring as she ever was. And then there's the recent storyline where now poor Jessica has some disease from Tess using heroin. To make her more boring they put her with Antonio - I have hated the actor who plays Antonio and the character since day1.

Dorian and Vicki are on and off like Todd and Blair. They hate each other then they're getting along then they're hating each other again. *yawn* The never ending "whodunnit" storylines where they usually have a some kind of serial killer and kill a main character off is beyond aggravating to watch. Same thing everytime. Months of suspects, then months of trials. By the time they reveal who the killer is, you don't care anymore. (PS, did they ever say who killed Spencer? LOL!) And then once the killer does come out, there's always another twist that lasts another few months. And again, when it happens - You DON'T care anymore.

I hate how they kill of main characters whenever they decide they're no longer useful or the actor/actress wants to leave. They get you to like a character after so long and then just kill them off so they can bore you with the long whodunnits and murder mysteries. Then the character they kill off makes other characters useless so they die too or just come on like once every 2 months. Such as Jen being killed and now Lindsay is useless so she shows up once every 2 months. And how they killed off the Holden family because *they* decided they weren't any use anymore, or maybe because they took some airtime away from the buchanans. I think the characters Jessica and Todd are the only ones they did an actor change on and probably because they're main Buchanans. Not to mention how they like to make good characters go evil and they don't bother to redeem them or they're beyond redemption. Kevin got so irritating people actually wanted him gone. Joey Buchanan got ruined so they had him leave. Kelly had to sleep with Duke Buchanan (Kevin's son) and have a baby by him and there was no redeeming that so they had the characters leave. LOL Same pattern.
  • After years and years of not watching soaps - family has drawn me back to the soap world - and need to get my daily fix watching One Life To Live now.

It takes a while - and it's almost like 'homework' to figure out all the different characters and relationships on One Life To Live, but it's worth it in the long run. Funny that some of the same characters are still on the show from when I watched in 1980 - 1982... but the new and fresh faces have really done alot to make the show interesting and firey. Bree Williamson has got the greatest face for television. A flawless complexion, beautiful features and wonderful figure make the leading lady of One Life to Live a favorite of most of my friends. The new star - BethAnn Bonner - will be giving the beauties a run for their money - and I expect she will propel herself into a long career on television and broadway. The romances are a little tough to keep up with - and I wish SOME would just stay happy for a little while. But then - these ARE the soaps!!
< 1 2