Forums: Welcome New Users: Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the difference between . . .

bmoshier

[1]Apr 8, 2014
    • level: 46

Hello everyone, :-)

Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the difference between posts and forums posts? If you're not following, which is fair to say posts are "My Posts" on the drop down beside your/our username on most pages. It is also the Post (middle of the left side menu) on the profile page (Overview, About, Settings, Followers, Notifications, etc.). I thought it might mean the replies to commentaries or articles, but no such luck as I have several of those but no "Posts."

Forum Posts are just what they seem to be posts in the forums, such as this one you're presently reading.

I guess this brings up a SECOND QUESTION: Is there a method to TRACK (as we have for Forum Posts, Posts, submissions, etc) the replies we make to commentaries and/or articles? I'd say notifications, but that section has so much more information that finding the replies is like digging for one specific M&M color in a 2 lbs bag of M&Ms.

So, in summary:

1) Difference between Post and Forum Posts? (Basically, what are Posts?)

2) Does any way to locate the replies we made to articles?

Thanks! :-)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.