Forums: Welcome New Users: The Official "Introduction" Thread (New, Old, Returning Users)

theopratt

[2322]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 2

Hey everyone. My name is Theo and this is my first post on a forum. I find this site very useful and entertaining. And needless to say, though I'll still say it, I watch a lot of TV.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lundic

[2323]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 1

Hi, I'ma very new user and am lost amongst the maze. Could you help me find a video of the Feb 10, 2013 episode of the NBC The Today Show--Sunday or maybe called Weekend edition with Lester and Erica.My dog and I were on TV that day and I would love to see it.

ILikeWeirdStuff

[2324]Feb 21, 2013

Hi there. I am new here. I'm here to interact with people and get ideas on what to watch. I am an amateur writer and I write my own blog at http://www.ilikeweirdstuff.com. I'm really into half hour sitcoms and some hour long dramas. Also, I find some reality shows to be guilty pleasures. So, hi there.

joeberta1

[2325]Feb 28, 2013

Ahoy from beautiful Bobcaygeon Ontario Canada.

I live on a boat and work in the marine industry, so for the most part I watch marine / boating related stuff.

My blog is: www.cruisingdog.com

Faceoff

[2326]Mar 11, 2013

Not sure why I am not allowed to start threads or comments . . . I registered and all that.

Faceoff

[2327]Mar 11, 2013

And should have added, Breaking Bad is the best thing I've ever seen on television.

bajangladiator

[2328]Mar 13, 2013

I'm Miriam, a Scandal TV show fanatic trying to find my way around this site and hoping to be a useful contributor.

Vicky8675309

[2329]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 14

Hi,

I'm Vicky and I started visiting this site a while back but just started coming to it regularly since the poll they did earlier this year (2013). I watch a lot of tv and am fairly eclectic in my tastes. However my favorites are typically considered action oriented dramas (Breaking Bad, Justified, Person of Interest and so many more)

CheersKiss

Vicky

ogimod

[2330]Mar 26, 2013

My name is David, a newbie from Delaware...

StefanPSP

[2331]Mar 27, 2013
    Hello to all,
    i am from Germany and have mein hartes Glied in der Hand um abzuwichsen!!

...also alle die durstig sind:
    Maul öffnen!!

Cee ya

ChriCol5

[2332]Apr 15, 2013
    how do you get channels you crossed off bac?

ChriCol5

[2333]Apr 15, 2013

how do you get channels you have crossed off the listing back?

haytham1980145

[2334]Apr 23, 2013
    Vicky8675309 wrote:

Hi,

I'm Vicky and I started visiting this site a while back but just started coming to it regularly since the poll they did earlier this year (2013). I watch a lot of tv and am fairly eclectic in my tastes. However my favorites are typically considered action oriented dramas (Breaking Bad, Justified, Person of Interest and so many more)

Cheers

Vicky

my name is haytham

haytham1980145

[2335]Apr 23, 2013
    lemongirlclone wrote:

Hi, I heard about this site from social media I'm on with my family. This is a great way to get into what TV shows I lost track of after the digital conversion ended my rabbit ears functionality. So, just want to say hello, watch TV on my laptop with the usb tuner or online, and probably become very bewildered. I enjoy detective series, and paranormal shows that aren't too spooky or violent.

hi my friend

haytham1980145

[2336]Apr 23, 2013

wrote:
    hi everybody =)) I'm DamLa from Turkey..I may not speak English very well but I love 24 so much, and unfortunetly there's no 24's fan sites in Turkey but I want to share my feelings with the people who understands me -many people in here dont know about 24- =) by the way I'm 17. and I love Smallville after 24 =)) thats it =))
    hello my firnd nice to meet

u

Edited on 04/23/2013 11:25am
    Edited 4 total times.

trigger13

[2337]Jul 20, 2013

The Economic demise of our Country. = "Truck Brokers"

Q: Why is it that the truck brokers are taking 10-60+% of the freight Bills? A: Because they can.

Q: Who has the biggest expense in moving Goods down the road? A: Truck owners.

Q: Who pays the Freight Bill? A: Everyone.

I have been in the trucking Industry 31 years. 28 of those years has been as a driver for somebody else. The last 3 as an Owner Operator/Independent.

In all these years I have seen some major changes. But the most disturbing one is the loss of Trucks available to move freight and the demise of economics in our country.

Everyone is blaming the government and it's budgeting technics. Well, they are part right. For it appears that the Government and the people areblind to the facts of:

Most freight is moved through the process of calling a Truck Broker to find a truck to move their freight. Then they set a rate to move it. The brokers then call upon or post ads up to find a truck to move the freight. The Trucks then agree to move the freight. Freight is delivered. Broker gets paid. Then the Truck gets paid.

Now here is the real problem of all of this:

Ship calls Broke: Ship" Hey Broke. I've got 48,000 pounds of goods to move from Seattle, Wa to Los Angeles, Ca. What will it cost me?" Broke " Based on the cost of operating and the lack of Trucks. $3755.40." Ship " WOW! Can we do any better than that?" Broke" I'll see what I can do But it will take time." Ship" It's got tomove by (4 days)Friday"

Broke calls truck1: Broke " Hey Truck1. I've got a load from Seattle Wa.To Los Angeles, Ca. 48,000# I'll give you $1000 to move it." Truck1" How many miles?" Broke" about a 1000" Truck1" No thanks not enough pay and the miles don't sound right" Broke" what do you need to do it?" Truck1 "Time to do the mileage and then $3.00 per mile guessing $3300-$3600" Broke" NO WAY! Can't even get close. Good luck. CLICK"

Broke calls Ship: Broke" Hey Ship. I've made some calls and yes it's going to be expensive." Ship" Well, It's got to get moved. I will have to mark up my sale prices to cover the shipping costs." Broke" Ok sorry. But I will get it moved as soon as possiblefor you."

Broke calls Truck2: Broke" Hey Truck2. I've got a 48,000# load from Seattle To Los Angeles. pays $1200 on 1100 miles." Truck2" Can you do any better on the rate?" Broke" I can see. How much better?" Truck2" At least $500?" Broke" I'll call the customer and see if that will work."

Broke Calls Ship: Broke" Hey Ship. I found a Truck in the area ready to move your freight. But he say's he's got to have $4000 to move it." Ship" UGG! How about $3800?" Broke" I will Try"

Broke Calls Truck2: Broke" Ok Truck2 I got him up another $100. That's all he would go." Truck2" UGG! Fine. $1300.?" Ship " Yes $1300. By the way, You've got Tarps right?" Truck2" Yes, Why?" Broke" It needs fully covered." Truck2" Tarping costs an extra $100." Broke" Customer won't come up on the rate but I'll give you $25 out of my pocket to make everyone happy" Truck2" Fine let's get er' done." Ship" Ok i'll send over all the paperwork to your office. I will need License's (Business and Vehicle, Trailer), Insurance, Cargo Insurance, etc." Truck2 "OK"

Broke Calls Ship: Broke" Hey Ship, I got that truck on his way to you. He insisted on the $4000." Ship " Then forget it and find another truck. The most I'll go is $3800. I've got a few more days till it has to leave out." Broke" Well, I've got everything in motion and he's already on his way. He's not going to be happy and will probably try to charge us truck ordered but not used. So this is what i'll do since it was my screw up. You pay $3800 to get it shipped and i'll make up the difference. That way you get it moved quickly while a truck is available the driver is content with no cancelation." Ship" Ok then. We'll be looking out for the truck"

Now the Process of these actions mention above goes as follows

The Truck has to be fully and commercially licensed to carry freight. Approximately $1800 per year to operate in the 48 continental U.S. Then there's Insurance's Motor and Cargo. approximately $10,155 per year. Then road taxes. about .07 cents per mile. then you have Fuel= with 48,000 lbs wind, terrain, road conditions, etc. you'll get an estimated 4.5 miles to the gal. actual miles from Seattle Wa to Los Angeles Cal is 1137 miles. / by 4.5 mpg=252.666 gals @ National fuel average of ? Let's say $3.80 per gal=$960.133 in fuel costs for this run. Then you have an optional lease payment of 15-29%=$195-$377. Now Truck and trailer payments of $1000 to $4000 per month. Tires average $400 each x 18+ Maintenance every 15,000 miles=$500. Heaven forbid you have mechanical break down in the scale house or down the road. Those costs are so absurd to get into to make this point clear.

Driver uses his cell phone and broadband service (Thank you Modern Technology which is usually a personal luxury.)to contact his office and Loved ones that have not seen him in weeks maybe months.

Driver(Truck2) goes to shipper in Seattle, picks up load and hopes that the weight is legally and safely distributed along the trailer.(For there is very few shippers or trucks that have scales available close). Now the driver is responsible for the load until it arrives in Los Angeles, Ca. He is to properly secure the load with straps(apx cost $15 ea) chains(apx costs $50 ea) Binders(apx cost $60 ea) edge protectors (apx $4-10 ea). Now use his 50-200# each tarps. which cost apx $300-$800 each. The driver spends an Hour or better tarping the intire load hoping not to cut and shred tarps while not damaging load either.

Driver now has only 10 hours left in the day to get down the road as far and safely as possible. For he had started 4 hours ago with booking the load(at a disgustingly LOW rate). And is only allowed to work ina 14 hour time frame, before having to take a consistent 10 hours off-duty. (only 11 of these 14 are allowed for driving).

Shipper Is partially relieved that his load is on it's way to his receiver. Hoping that it gets there timely and safely. Disgusted that it cost Too much to move. But now onto the next project.

Broker is high fiving everyone in the office or home (or quietly strolling to the bank)(or shopping for new toys)for making a killer deal today. For he moved one load with out touching it. It only took a few calls and less than an hour. He made $2500.

Driver now comes into Oregon to where he has to buy another fuel permit atop of what he has already paid for the year. He comes upon a scale house which pulls him in for an inspection. The inspections usually only take a half hour. But today they have a long line of trucks to be inspected. Driver status is still "on-duty" (Burning up the 14 hr clock) Now there can be a few scenarios to happen here. Scenario#1. A clean, good inspection.= logs and Bills for the last seven days are perfect, The tires and mechanics of all equipment are safe and legal working order.The load is properly secured and covered. He is then released to go about his business. Scenario#2. The drivers logs were incorrect. "incomplete"=ticket Improper license, insurance, permits. Does not move until paid and proper. "HOS" Hours of service= if the driver has gone 15 minutes or more inhis proper legal hours of service, then he isticketed and "OOS" shut down for a minimum of 10 hours."fraudulent" ="OOS" Shut down immediately, loss of license, fines, maybe even jail. Load goes no-where! Scenario#3. The trailer haves a bad brake and a bad tire. "OOS" Out-of-Service. The driver, truck and/or trailer cannot move until All of the repairs are made. Depending where you are in the country will depend on how costly and timely these repairs will be. He has to call out a mechanic and a tire man. Pay for the service call($100-$300 per hour from shop door back to shop door)and parts(with a 10-300% mark up). Scenario#4 "Overweight"= can go many different ways. Pending where and who you are dealing with. over gross? Maybe a $100 permit will let you go on. Or you'll have to call upon another truck and rent equipment to come out to location and make weights legal(untarping and re-tarping of load included). Over axle? Rent equipment to come out and adjust load. ($100-$400 per hour)

Broker is now out wining and dining friends and family at a Steak-house.

Shipper and Receiver: Concerned about the load.

Driver now stops for Fuel, scale load, Coffee, eat and shower. Fuel is $3.79-$4.17 ?per Gal. Capacity is 200-250 Gal Scale cost is $10-$12 for first weigh. Then $1-$3 for each additional weigh. Coffee thermos $1-$4 each. Showers $10-$15 unless you bought a minimum of 50 gal of fuel. Then free. Eat... What do you eat when you're out and about? Burger meal-$8-15. Sit down restraint $12 and up.. Each meal. Driver can barely afford to eat like this once a day. So he tries to find a local Grocery-store that allows truck parking to shop for soups and stuff that can be eaten in the truck. He then goes to bed usually alone in his small cubical of a truck. Missing family and friends.

Broker then tries to enforce penalties on truck. $50 each day of no check call. $75 an hour for any delays.

Receiver: Needs product before closing Friday. Not open weekends. Needs goods for earlyMorning presentation or re-ship Monday.

Driver is now legal to operate again and starts down the road. He deals with his 80,000# truck and load constantly. Dealing with unsafe, inconsiderate, rude drivers sharing or not sharing the road with him. Every milehis and others lives are in danger.Stressing his delivery schedule, Satisfaction of all involved, Being safe avoiding accidents and claims, if he's going to make enough money to send home to support his family that he misses and loves dearly. For That's part of why he works so hard. That and to provide for his country. For if there are no truck drivers, there are no Trucks. No Trucks=No freight. No freight= No body eats, drinks, sleep, clothe, bathe, build, play. FOR EVERYTHING IS MOVED WITH A TRUCK.

Okay Let's go with best case Scenario here... The driver is legal and able to work hard in picking up and tarping the load. He legally and safely drives the load 1137 miles to the receiver. He was able to legallyweigh and pass inspections expeditiously. All the 1,000's of drivers he has came in close proximity of were safe and courteous. He was able to pay for all expenses up front. And kept them at a minimal. It took 2hrs to load 22hrs of driving 2 hrs to unload and 30 hrs of rest "Off-Duty" in between. 56 hrs has passed from pick-up to drop off for $1300 minus expenses. =Lease payment of 15%=$195. Fuel of 5 mpg=260 gal x $3.80 per gal=$988.00+$195(lease)=$1183 from $1300 is $117. With this $117 for the 56 hours it took. 26 actual labor. he made $4.50 per hour. (Not even Minimum wage) And with this he has to make all mentioned truck payments, self-survive and try to support hi family.

So NOW what happens? The Trucks go BROKE!. Shut down! Out of Business. Freight don't get moved and prices go up. Shelves become bare. Unemployment goes up. welfare and food stamps rise. Stress, health issues, divorces, violence...ETC.

It is to the point now that most all of the BIG Trucking companies are parking/selling their equipment and brokering the loads out. So they have no major, hard costs and can still profit. Then when the rate go up consistently and fairly enough, then maybe they might get back out there and absorb hard costs and employ drivers. If there is any qualified drivers left. That are not too stressed and under the influence if THC. Or other chemicals. Prescribed.

SOLUTION!!(s)

Pass a law to Put a Fair % cap on what Truck brokers can charge. Such as 6-10%. Reduce the cost of Commercial use fuel. Diesel is a by-product of Gas. Cheaper to produce, More availability. If you must keep your pockets fat with fuel prices. Then raise gas and non-commercial fuel prices. But get smart!! Keep trucks on the road. Keep America live and well.

P.S. Go Back to the good ol' days of free showers, free Coffee, free cash advances and free faxes. Or at least only$0.10 per page not $3 and only $1 for a weigh .

Thanks for your time and I sincerely hope my last 3+ hours of typing this does some good for America. RW

msneutral007

[2338]Oct 30, 2013
    Hello, I use an iPhone and I was able to sign up but I can't figure out how to get the Perry Mason episodes to actually start showing the show to me on my iPhone? Can you help me with my problem?
    Cynthia Williams msneutral007

ohmydixon

[2339]Dec 17, 2013
    • level: 3

Hi everyone I'm a newbie here. I love my tv, & look forward to learning the site & all it has to offer!

amirelmas

[2340]Jan 13, 2014
    my name is amir, and trying to know the forum well!
    love tv series of drama ... horror movies